+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: The Future of this Television "Series"

Walking the ledge.... suziewuzie's Avatar

jumped the shark....

Thought it couldn't get much worse than football boy (what was his name again) but at least that one had an ending that was agreeable. I have downed all of the pepto that I can today and have come to terms with the fact that watching Bachelor/Bachelorette is a waste of my time. (Specifically 16 hours in the past couple of months)

Well . . . I'm glad to have SEEN Jerry. I WON'T be seeing this next bachelor. And, I bet this is the last one for the show. Oh well, on to other things!

I've often thought that the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise doesn't need twists; we want to watch a romance develop and to have someone to snark about during the lulls. If they REALLY need a twist, substitute a reality date for the final fantasy date: a week with three sick toddlers, a leaky roof, and a puppy who has not yet mastered the concept of being housebroken.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I used to watch the shows from the beginning to the end, but this jen series i slowly started to do other things around the house while the show was on. I did go watch Jerry's parts though, but that was about all the fun the show had.

I am not so sure if I will be very interested to watch this next take on love in six weeks. Unless it is so outrageous that it becomes a guilty pleasure Maybe that is what they are aiming for with Charlie? But I do not think this show has much "future" anymore as a show that could be taken seriously on any level, it's pure soap opera now.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Newbie
    This new Bachelor sounds horrible. No gowns... no structure... blech. While I watch for the quirky contentants, I want a little romance and glamor. I'll watch the first one just to see... but after I have my doubts. If more people like me who have watched every episode from Alex tune out- it sounds like this will be the last Bachelor. They may try again with another Bachelorette, but I doubt it.

Premium Member
    I just read in this week's People that this next Bachelor season will probably be the last. (No, I didn't buy it to read about Jen and Jerry, I wanted to know Oprah's diet secrets. )

As much as the past few seasons have sucked, I'll be kind of sad to see it go.

However, it doesn't help that this format makes it next to impossible to work. It's all just too forced. Some people can meet someone and make it work in under 6 weeks, but the vast majority of couples needed more time to be sure that they had found 'the one'.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678