+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Future of this Television "Series"

I agree with some of these suggestions, some not so much. Personally, my favorite parts of all the episodes has been the outtakes at the end or the never-before-seen stuff in the Men/Women Tell All that shows the humor and the actual *reality* of the show. When Mary was like, I have a wedgie, and Byron said - um, I'll pick it - I died laughing. It was the first thing that made me actually see these people as HUMAN. Wendell's impersonation of Frenchie at the end of one of the shows... totally hysterical. They need more of that.

And they need to not be afraid of unconventionally-pretty people. There are many shapely women that could be cast if they were willing to do less hottub scenes... Not to mention Bob... I know he wasn't well-received when he was the Bachelor, but when he was one of the 25, he stood out because he was likeable without being a Ken doll.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Could I BE wearing any more clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by shubie127
    I agree with some of these suggestions, some not so much. Personally, my favorite parts of all the episodes has been the outtakes at the end or the never-before-seen stuff in the Men/Women Tell All that shows the humor and the actual *reality* of the show. When Mary was like, I have a wedgie, and Byron said - um, I'll pick it - I died laughing. It was the first thing that made me actually see these people as HUMAN. Wendell's impersonation of Frenchie at the end of one of the shows... totally hysterical. They need more of that.

And they need to not be afraid of unconventionally-pretty people. There are many shapely women that could be cast if they were willing to do less hottub scenes... Not to mention Bob... I know he wasn't well-received when he was the Bachelor, but when he was one of the 25, he stood out because he was likeable without being a Ken doll.
    Hope you're not saying that Blob was in any way shape or form...um, pretty. Yikes.
    Other than that I think the outtakes and the interaction between the guys at the bachelor pad were the best things about the show. It was so nice to see that guys can be immature, self absorbed, snarky,irreverent and at times insecure, when placed in a strange group environment such as this.
    I want to see all of their behind the scenes comments and more of that frat house style, childish puppet buliding.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    Hope you're not saying that Blob was in any way shape or form...um, pretty. Yikes.
    Heh. I have to admit, I thought he was fairly cute and charming in the Bachelorette. (before he started acting like a dog in heat)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Could I BE wearing any more clothes?

The only two shows I have liked of the Bachelor/Bachelorette series were the ones with Trista/Ryan and Byron/Mary. Although, the Meredith/Ian show was okay and Aarons was interesting because it was the first one I watched. I was disappointed that Andrew picked Jen because I thought he had more of a connection with Kirsten but listened to his brother and time seems to have borne that out. Jesse and Bob's shows were absolutely AWFUL and I faded out after just a few episodes. This one - Jen's adventure into speed dating and engagement is almost equally awful. She was definitely the wrong choice to be the Bachelorette, the editing is choppy and confusing, and the men are just so-so --- all in all it is a boring bust!

If the next bachelor is Charley O'Connell, then I think that ABC should hijack the Joe Schmo idea and put Charley into that format. Imagine casting real actresses as his bachelorettes and then putting him through regular Bachelor series dates but having bizarre bloopers occurring. Amber's getting sick, Trash crashing a fantasy date...a home visit w/ complete off the wall parents (ala Robert DeNiro in Meet the Parents). I think that Chris Harrison could REALLY shine in this kind of format.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I have been so disappointed with this Bachelorette. I had such high hopes since it was going to be Jen and was going to be in New York(one of my favorite cities). The whole thing has been so staged and edited. I don't think that the producers or whoever really want this to work as a format to meet a mate which is how it is sold to us the public. I know they needed some guys with strong personalities but please why Fabrice who so obviously was not looking for a mate. I realize that television is for entertainment purposes but we(me) invest more emotions in "reality" television because we(me) think that we're seeing real people that could be us. Normally by this time I'm invested in who I want the Bachelor/Bachelorette to pick and this time I could care less which one she picks or whether it works out or not. If this is what the show producers wanted then they got what they wanted.

FORT Newbie
    It was too bad that Meredith and Ian' s relationship did not have a happy ending. Their romance was so real and normal. Their Final Rose Ceremony was so dramatic. It was really sad to see the ending of the very charming couples 'relationship. I don't see the real connection between Jen with Jerry or JP.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think the only way to save it is to go back to the Byron format of having the contestants all under one roof. That and showing it in real time Big Brother style. C'mon you can do it, call CBS for some tips.

I am totally disgusted with the way the show has turned out. From the deadbeat casting , the lame dates, right down to the sad editing. I was looking forward to it as well. I really doubt I'll be recapping any more. I honestly don't have the stomach for it. It just sucks that much. FLOM was better , even with that creepy guy who was bounced out of the marines.

I used to look forward to the new shows . With this new bachelor - no way. Yes I want to see yet another pro media whore act his way through several weeks . With the way this show has turned out , I could care less who "wins" because by all the spoilers it's just another same old . Hell Elimidate is better.

Meredith and Ian - ugh give me a break - they spent a year media whoring their "fame" and not working. My least favourite couple other than Alex/Amanda. At least the other couples had real jobs. Most over exposed ex Bachelor couple. I'm surprised they didn't show up on TAR. Wait they still can, as broken up couple. Ian might be handy in Portugal or Brazil. But then that show takes some ambition. They also brough some of the most nutty members to the board ever , coming a close second to the great Clay invasions of AI 03.

Chris is my only bright shining star. He has gone from a guy who wouldn't I wouldn't even mention in my recaps to a fairly decent host . His probstacilous " but what if your body IS a carnival ride" was brilliant. Find him another show.

Fleiss put out the crappy Gilligan's Island, The Will ,that had the distinction of lasting ONE SHOW and this crap puppy. All in one year. Time to start a brothel with cousin Heidi.

I know - tell us how I really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    If the next bachelor is Charley O'Connell, then I think that ABC should hijack the Joe Schmo idea and put Charley into that format. Imagine casting real actresses as his bachelorettes and then putting him through regular Bachelor series dates but having bizarre bloopers occurring. Amber's getting sick, Trash crashing a fantasy date...a home visit w/ complete off the wall parents (ala Robert DeNiro in Meet the Parents). I think that Chris Harrison could REALLY shine in this kind of format.
    That would be the ONLY way I'd watch the O'Connell Bachelor show.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    Now that is a damn good idea, psucashcow. I haven't watched since the horror that was Bachelor Blob, but that would definitely draw me in.

If only they would refrain from the constant "next on" and the endless recaps of what happened, the doubled up footage. :rolleyes This has to be one of the poorly edited shows in TV history.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast