eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'll bet that suggestion crashed the ABC site

Zap2it

Viewers weren't feeling that romantic for The Bachelorette
    5. 8/9 on ABC, which slipped a little compared to the past two
    weeks...

Came in 4th place.

I hope this show isn't doomed. Maybe I'm a romantic but I like the concept. Too bad it's more of a sitcom rather than a "reality show." Why can't they tape it in a more timely manner? (I realize that "live") isn't feasible, but don't let months go by before they air the thing. It might eliminate some of the "editing" and be a little more realistic -- as in the description: REALITY SHOW. If they kept it timelier, they could do the FRC live. Now THAT I'd tune in to see, if it was truly live....just a thought.

FORT Regular
    It seems to me that the producers of this show don't want to make this a good show. The editing makes it seem like the producers are tired and bored and just want to hurry up and slap something together. Then they have to fake the viewers out to watch it by creating misleading commercials, lead-ins, and show characters. Then the viewers get pissed and turned off by the editing and characters and the show loses ratings. Anyone else think they're being awfully...dumb?

With all the effort it takes to fake people out, why not just edit the show without all the misleading stuff and include the bloopers, funny moments, touching moments, human moments, and casual moments instead. It just doesn't seem that hard to me. You?

Quote Originally Posted by javajane
    It seems to me that the producers of this show don't want to make this a good show. The editing makes it seem like the producers are tired and bored and just want to hurry up and slap something together. Then they have to fake the viewers out to watch it by creating misleading commercials, lead-ins, and show characters. Then the viewers get pissed and turned off by the editing and characters and the show loses ratings. Anyone else think they're being awfully...dumb?

With all the effort it takes to fake people out, why not just edit the show without all the misleading stuff and include the bloopers, funny moments, touching moments, human moments, and casual moments instead. It just doesn't seem that hard to me. You?
    It appears you're right. Again, it's a shame, they had a decent show with a good concept and they took the it, scripted and edited it into a soap opera. Maybe that's the idea. Everything is cyclical, reality shows are "passe" and we'll have dozens of copycat "Desperate Housewives" shows.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    The editing and the casting are among the worst I've ever seen in any television show.

First and foremost, why choose Jen? When last we saw her, she was jumping up and down because Andrew Firestone was putting a ring on her finger.

So, by casting Jen, Fleiss admitted that the show is a failure. It's uncomfortable to watch a show where even the winners are left no better off than they were before the show. And now he wants to rub everyone's face in it by bringing Andrew on to the Tell All show (which I never watch).

I'm just so tired of the editing. Those season previews where you can determine the entire boot order? Got to go. Before every commercial break, you're treated to the "highlights" of the rest of the show. That's got to go, too.

Actors and other Hollywood wannabes? The casting department has to get tougher. No more Fabrices. No more Bobs. No more football players looking to add a few belt notches. No more recycled contestants, period. Mary's a delightful girl, but she had no business even being on the show last season.

I love the concept of the bachelor. But the execution could be so much better. Now that they've run it into the ground, I hope they let someone else produce the next season, if there is one.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

ZAP2IT

The ratings are in for last night. 6. 0/9 for our guys.
    Just a little better than last week, but still claiming 4th place.

I think we all feel that the show concept as it is going right now is doomed for failure. And now we hear they are bringing on a D-list Actor as the next Bachelor. The only saving grace is where will they put his show, 'cause in the Fall Monday Night Football returns! The producers need to re-watch the first few installments of the "series" and take it back to that.....and please no retreads!

Ratings & Renewal

Top 40 Shows are almost always renewed by ABC/NBC/CBS.
    Top 50 Shows are usually renewed.
    Top 60 Shows are not usually renewed.

The Bachelor (Byron) averaged #56 8.79M viewers.
    The Bachelorette (Jen) is averaging better! #55 8.82M viewers.

The Home Visit episode was #43 9.38M viewers.
    The Fantasy Date episode 8.2M viewers. (This was Valentine Night!)
    The Men Tell All got 9.0M viewers.
    The finale may get 10M viewers, which would break into top 40.

If the next Bachelor (starting in late March) does as well, the show should be renewed!

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monique_46
    ....What I really don't like about Jen's episode is that she had no choice in who went on the one-on-one dates. Kind of defeats the purpose of finding and dating the men of your choice.
    I think she knew who the letters were from. But putting that aside, she didn't need to choose....she had already chosen from the first night which kinda defeats the purpose of dating anyone after that .
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast