+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ben

No offense, but it sounds like you are reading way too much into it.

I have to laugh though when you ask "Does he not treat men with respect?" ... where did that come from.

easily distracted
    No offense taken! I didn't give it much thought, (actually I couldn't even remember who said it until I read this thread) but things like that just sound so much like cliches to me. When NYGal thought Ben saying this indicated he would make some woman very happy, I just thought, "Hmmm... not necessarily..." One or two smooth lines does not a good man make.

It is kind of cliche, and I agree that that doesn't necessarily mean that he would make someone happy... but I think NYGal just indicated that it made her melt, and seeing him on the show, her opinion is that he would make some girl happy, and I agree with her on that... Ben seems like a great guy (but of course I could be wrong since I don't know him...)

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=aspenchick]
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    You gotta give him an "A" for ambition though....the mini-second clip he had on last nights show discussed his goals for a political future....ski buminstructor, politician...makes you wonder if he comes from money.

.......THEY ALL COME FROM MONEY AROUND HERE! alot of the guys here-- and there are many-- are what we call "trustafarians."

i was sizing him up this summer at one of our wine events and he's pretty cute! i said something incredibly stupid to him, by accident, a few weeks later, completely embarrassing myself.
    Aspenchik, you are so right. Just looking at the quality of the sport coat Ben is wearing tells me that either he or someone he knows has excellent and expensive taste. My daughter who regularly skis Vail with a friend whose father is a big-time area lawyer says it is her sense is that trust-fund children abound on the slopes during the week.

I've suggested that she trek over to Aspen and test Ben to see if he is the real deal. The party people at Pepi's and the Tap Room in Vail who also ski at Aspen have told her that while he is from money and a humble, funny guy, he is only a so-so skier by Vail standards.

FORT Newbie
    Still little to go on (based on episodes so far). Seems like a nice guy. Kinda similar in reaction to how Jen was on the show which could go for him or could not. She seems to like him and want to get to know him better, though.

I can't get a read on this guy because we have seen so little of him. He seems like a nice young man, kind of cute, with an appealing personality. Other than that, I don't really have an opinion. Because of this, unless he and Jenn have formed a bond we are not aware of, I expect him to be gone during the next rose ceremony.

FORT Newbie
    my god! i am in love with ben! how can y'all not see how extraordinary he is? he doesnt need to be on camera for more than a few seconds - i can still tell that he is the sexiest, smartest, sweetest and savviest by far! if jen steals him away, i will die a thousand deaths . . .

I had to post this over here because it's just too funny:

Hooper: "Have you checked out any of the 'Bachelorette' message boards or chat rooms on the Internet? Apparently there are a lot of females out there who want to have your baby. You don't even know these women. How does that make you feel?"

Sands: "I can't imagine a scarier place than a 'Bachelorette' message board. I'd like to ask all of my friends and (interestingly) ex-girlfriends who insist on sending me that stuff to please cut it out. As for all those misguided women interested in breeding with me, I'd like to remind them that, 'My body's not a carnival ride - it's a gift.'"
    That last line is too funny. Ben is the best!

Link to full article:
    http://aspendailynews.com/Search_Columns/view_search_column.cfm?OrderNu mber=1821

(It's a very good read)

So it's perfectly acceptable to go on national television with 25 other desperate-looking guys to see if a woman you've never met is your soul mate, but talking about the guys who do it isn'tů

(I still think Ben is adorable, tho' even if I didn't already have three of my own kids and a perfectly good husband, I still wouldn't be interested in having his babies!)
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Eep. Here goes the first post. Hi all.

Ben. Hmmm. He had me at "My name is..." Initially I was getting a Johnny Mosely vibe off him, but the more he talks the less I hear SkiDude in his voice. I think what's so appealing about him are the dichotomies. The sweet and sour if you will. He's very attractive, while not being traditionally handsome. He's highly educated but chooses to be a ski instructor. He's slender, but is a big guy. He's articulate but has a laid back personality. He's earnest but has a great sense of humor. I'd say he should be the next Bachelor except 1) courting twenty five fans is probably his nightmare, and 2) I don't want him to become villified like Bob.

I'm so annoyed that they're not showing more of him. Why why why???? *sob*

I will concede that the "My brothers taught me how to treat a lady blah blah blah" line fell flat with me as well. But I loved that he said "I'm looking for someone who drives me wild." It's so refreshing and honest. Better than the standard "Mother of my children" barf-o-rama.

+ Reply to Thread