+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: John Paul

OH-KAY!!! ***catching breath after laughing too hard***

to Igotalife for her AV & latest artistic masterpiece which I will entitle "John Paul, enhanced & immortalized."

Whether you like JP, dislike JP or fall somewhere in the middle, that avatar is universally hilarious! When I read "I am Zjohn Paul," I hear Antonio Banderas' Shrek 2 Puss In Boots voice and actually envision Zjohn Paul striking an "en garde" pose. I've seen the dang thing at least 10 times now as I've perused the posts, and I laugh harder every time. Too good.

I like his eyes and his hair....but his mouth/lips...no need to :deadhorse anymore. I think its great that he has his own business and everything but he just comes across as way too into himself, cocky and thinking he's all that. :rolleyes what a turn off. Hey maybe I'll change my mind...it could happen...maybe if I did a little of this

I want to see him have a good belly laugh!! You think he is capable?

Quote Originally Posted by pebbs
    i agree w/ babygirl - i think jerry might win this thing. john paul looks like a young donald trump to me.. not in a good way, either.. the way the lips move skeeves me out a bit.. sorry!
    me too!!

Oooh, yea monique, I know you probably meant something different but I would love to see JP play with Jen like the guys at the Knicks game where playing with her from ABC's site. I think it would be adorable if it turns out he really does have a fun personality and is playful
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

[Oooh, yea monique, I know you probably meant something different but I would love to see JP play with Jen like the guys at the Knicks game where playing with her from ABC's site. I think it would be adorable if it turns out he really does have a fun personality and is playful ]

Alanna, there is a picture in the ABC photo gallery that shows JP playing with Jen in the Knicks game. They are both barefooted (yes, JP IS barefooted in that picture). I don't think he's the stuff shirt everybody makes him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria
    When I read "I am Zjohn Paul," I hear Antonio Banderas' Shrek 2 Puss In Boots voice and actually envision Zjohn Paul striking an "en garde" pose.
    YESSSS!!! Totally that. And...

I'm sure he's a nice guy but he kind of reminds me of James Spader's character in Pretty in Pink, that rich, cocky, smarmy, creepy guy with a lazy drawl....
    Word. James Spader all the way - especially the way he talks and the puffy face. Definitely a combo of the two for me. Smarmy for sure. I gag every time she picks him. Also, it just looks like he smokes way too much pot. He's always got that sleepy, "dduuuude" look...

And BlondieGal - OKLAHOMA IS *NOT* THE MIDWEST. (Chicagoan here) I believe they consider themselves more Southern than Midwest. Midwest is Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Iowa... Basically your Big Ten schools (except for Penn State)... and probably Kansas and Missouri too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Could I BE wearing any more clothes?

News article: about JP family
    I am not sure I would even date a guy named John Paul whose brothers names' are: J. Robert, Joe Ross, Jake Ryan, and Jeffrey Connelly. And I am married to a southerner.

I don't find an article about JP's family at that link.

I'm thinking JP might win the basketball challenge date. He played HS basketball on a winning team back in the day. The local ABC affiliate interviewed him Monday after the show and talked about his basketball days. The hot tub scene could be the winning date.
    Teenagers make you crazy!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everyoung
    I don't find an article about JP's family at that link.
    here's the article.. What's up with all the J..names.. I'd feel like I was at the "Waltons" saying goodnight "'night, John Boy, 'night Mary Ellen!!""
    And notice how clever, brother Joe Ross is at the bottom in evading the real question about Jen going to his home for a visit. Technically if he and the other J..fill-in-the-blank brother were at college, more than likely they didn't get to meet Jen!!! (Ya, can't fool us here at the FORT!! :nono )

In the spotlight
    Thursday, January 20, 2005
    MIKE PERRIN
    News staff writer
    The Merritt brothers of Oklahoma City are accustomed to scrutiny. As starters for the Samford Bulldogs, J. Robert and Joe Ross play under the sometimes harsh lights of Division I basketball.

But, as of last week, J. Robert and Joe Ross lost a little - OK, a lot - of the family spotlight when older brother John Paul made his network television debut on "The Bachelorette."

Advertisement

After two weeks, John Paul's still in the hunt with a big four-on-four basketball game on tap next week.

Don't try worming any "Bachelorette" dirt out of J. Robert, 22, or Joe Ross, 19, though. The two remaining Merritt brothers at home - Jake Ryan and Jeffrey Connelly - aren't talking, either.

"He had to sign a $5 million contract, so if he says anything he's in trouble," J. Robert said after practice Tuesday. "We've been bugging him about it, but he hasn't spilled any info.

"It's really amazing. He says he can't go outside in Oklahoma any more without people bothering him. It's kind of overwhelming to him. He's still getting used to it."

Joe Ross, a redshirt freshman who moved into Samford's starting lineup replacing an injured Randall Gulina on Jan.8, said he's not letting the oldest Merritt brother's celebrity go to his head.

"He's definitely hearing about it from us," he said. "I definitely call him, asking him about some of those guys. Some of them seem a little different. We've been giving him a hard time about it."

The Merritt brothers give Samford's opponents a hard time on the court.

J. Robert, a junior and just a few courses away from his degree, is eighth in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage (48.2 percent). He leads the Bulldogs in scoring at 15.5 points a game and is tied with Jerry Smith for the rebounding lead at 4.1 a game.

Joe Ross is scoring 5.3 points in 17.5 minutes a game. The Bulldogs (9-6, 4-0 Ohio Valley Conference) play tonight at 6:45 at Morehead (Ky.) State (7-8, 1-3).

"Not too many people anywhere have a chance to play Division I basketball with their brother," J. Robert said. "My parents enjoy it because instead of going two different places they can come and see us both.

"I know a lot about his game and he knows my game. I have more confidence in him, probably more so than anybody else."

Joe Ross said he turns to his brother for support, particularly after those tough early practices learning coach Jimmy Tillette's complicated Princeton offense.

"It's been great having him here," he said. "He's so helpful, especially with the complexity of this offense. Talking after practice, there were those days when Coach is on you about not doing things right. J. Robert's been able to tell me it's OK that he does that to everybody.

"Playing-wise, I have so much confidence in him. I know if I give him the ball I'll get an assist."

Tillette says the Merritts aren't clones. "They are both outstanding players, but they are very different in their personalities," he said. "J. Robert - a three-word sentence is a stretch for him. Joe Ross is really outgoing and gregarious."

One last "Bachelorette" question: Has Jen Schefft been to the Merritts' home, a clue to John Paul's chances to make it to the final rose ceremony?

"That's the rumor around town," Joe Ross said. "Some friends say that, but we haven't met her." E-mail: mperrin@bhamnews.com

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamn...0.xml#continue
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

+ Reply to Thread