+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: John Paul

The other thing that appealed to me about John Paul is his ambition (which we know is important to Jen) and that he indicated the reason he's worked so hard is so that he can focus on being with his family - he seems to really want that, and had worked hard to put himself in the position where he can do that. I thought his approach with Jen prior to the RC was sweetly gently and sincere.

Well, that, and I think he's got great eyes, too.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    The other thing that appealed to me about John Paul is his ambition (which we know is important to Jen) and that he indicated the reason he's worked so hard is so that he can focus on being with his family - he seems to really want that, and had worked hard to put himself in the position where he can do that. I thought his approach with Jen prior to the RC was sweetly gently and sincere.

I agree with you ADKLove!

In trying to understand the cons against him, so far I have his age, which can be resolved by Jen, and from others on the boards, that they do not find him physically appealing. I am curious if the producers were aware that many would find him unappealing? I'm just trying to figure out the storyline, and so far what he says and how he acts appear is very positive.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    He was one of the first ones that turned me off, when I first saw him.....I guess beauty/handsomeness is in the eye of the beholder....and Jen must see something in him that I don't, but I don't like his lips (something about them remind me of Donald Trump...lol...(Don't ask! ) he always has the same expression on his face.....and he's a bit too young for her.

okay I just have to add 2 cents here..... I have nothing against JP (except that I'm on the Ryan train....... ) but anyway what I was going to say regarding his ambitious nature....which is great.......
    He owns his own business which is great as well. The problem that I have is that I've seen with people I know that own their own businesses is they work really long hours............and that's all fine and good but where is the family time.......? Just a thought.....maybe he only works the regular 40 hours a week......? Okay I feel better thanks for listening........
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Sure, go for the eyes now that we've picked his lips apart.

Igotanopinion too!

Pansygirl-you just made me realize what bothered me the most about him (and I couldn't put my finger on this a few days ago, so thanks).....it's great that he is 25, ambitious and dresses perfectly at all times...but is it fair for him to assume Jen would forego a career in order to be "taken care of" by "Zjohn Paul"? Hints of TinaFab's comments about being on a vineyard barefoot and pregnant if you ask me....but then, that's just me...I found his comment to be a little self-serving. Whew! I feel better knowing now what bothered me about him (besides his lips).

Okay, thanks. I'm starting to understand why some do not like him, beyond the physical. I'm just trying to get down to the biz of figuring out "the one" and incorporating the storyline that Veronica discussed in her well thought out post. I wonder how the producers are writing his story? I still think that he will be "the one" but am willing to remain open minded.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Igotalife]... dresses perfectly at all times...but is it fair for him to assume Jen would forego a career in order to be "taken care of" by "Zjohn Paul"?

I enjoy all the speculation, but always wonder - based on the last B'ette - what do we really know? We've only seen JP for 6 minutes, out of what, a couple of weeks so far? They're showing what they want to, and I don't trust it. In the last ep, all we saw were the weirdos she cut. Barely any of the presumed (screen cap) guys that stay on. It is lousy, IMO, because we aren't even seeing her LIKING, much less falling for, any of them. There's a lot of projecting going on!!

I thought the editing was atrocious. It was odd that they mainly showed the guys she was cutting and not the ones who stayed (or why). Whoever edits this show should be canned.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I think he is this season's Lanny without the looks and personality.
    Funny, aname...!
    But - Lanny without the looks and personality would be a creepy guy from Texas with a psycho mother from hell!!

The other thing that appealed to me about John Paul is his ambition (which we know is important to Jen) and that he indicated the reason he's worked so hard is so that he can focus on being with his family - he seems to really want that, and had worked hard to put himself in the position where he can do that.
    When they were having the little talk, I thought it was kind of strange that he said (something like) "I work hard so that I can provide for my wife & my children ..." or something along those lines... It just seems strange for someone to refer to his "wife" if he doesn't have one! It would have sounded less strange if he'd said "my future wife"... (Maybe it's just a grammar issue... I'm not sure! )

+ Reply to Thread