Thread: Jerry

eny
    FORT Fogey

Jerry

[IMG]images/img/Bachelorette3_Jerry.jpg[/IMG]
    Jerry
    Art Gallery Director, 29 Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
    Me in 3 words: Loyal, outgoing, honest
    Why I haven't found my dream girl: I must be dreaming of the wrong woman.
    Why I'm ready to get married: I'm not sure why.
    Notes: I have no Idea on the attraction for this one. I would have dumped him for the neanderthal stair thingy-or the hair - Got gel or is there something about Jennifer?

i think he may well win jen's heart or at least make it to final three. he looks really familiar, but i can't place it...

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Got gel or is there something about Jennifer?
    eny.

This guy is too "pretty". Don't doubt the physical attraction Jen has for him (although he's not my cup of tea) but I've already picked my final 2: Wendell (playing the Matthew role) and JP (playing the Ian role) so that leaves Jerry with nothing but another credit on his resume.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Notes: I have no Idea on the attraction for this one. I would have dumped him for the neanderthal stair thingy-or the hair - Got gel or is there something about Jennifer?
    At this point I'm just not feelin' him either. Although I immediately found Jerry handsome in the face, the hair? Not so much. It's too mohawk-y down the center, not funky all over like Josh Duhamel. Jerry ends up looking like a bird is struggling to get footing on his head. Looks aside, other things he does seem contrived, like he's trying to find original ways to appear charming and set himself apart, short of giving Jen customized Bachelorette slippers from his slipper company to give her comfort on her "journey." Carrying her down the stairs, asking her to show him how to dance on the boat were not awful, just over the top to me. During Ep. 1, I wasn't amused by his "joke" about being nice to everyone; neither funny nor offensive, it just seemed like a bonehead thing to say. And he seemed bewildered/concerned about whether he should have tipped Abby & Michelle when they were "revealed" which came off weird to me (too worried about appearances). Sometimes he seems too smooth, other times he seems a bit lacking in social graces (not in a hoity-toity way, just a plain common courtesy & sense way).

But that's all just my opinion so far. He is a cutie and the chemistry with Jen is palpable, maybe I'll feel differently in the coming weeks because he's clearly not goin' anywhere for awhile.

One last note: Jerry seemed to have borderline contentious exchanges with a couple guys in Ep. 1 and called Stu a stalker last night. IIRC, the winner is usually edited to appear to play very well with the other children, and doesn't say negative things about the others, nor vice versa (not counting stuff like, "I think I'm better for Jen because I ........"). In the case of Stu, I'll cut him some slack because that was simply stating the obvious. And obviously the other guys were jealous when they saw Jerry carrying Jen down the stairs, but the others are not usually shown having that kind of reaction to the "winner." Jerry seems to generally get along with everyone, but it doesn't quite seem like "winner" edit. Ian got a less than ideal edit with the "risky wanderer" portrayal, but despite that, he never got a "jerk" edit. Jerry seems nice enough, but there's a hint of "jerk" with him as I perceive it. I'm not rooting for or against Jerry, whatever floats Jen's boat, just sharing my perception through a whopping 2 episodes.

You have good instincts Victoria. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Jerry seems nice enough, but there's a hint of "jerk" with him as I perceive it. I'm not rooting for or against Jerry, whatever floats Jen's boat, just sharing my perception through a whopping 2 episodes.
    I think we're seeing a case of really really bad editing a lot of the time. So much of the little bit of interaction we see with him is so jerky and out of context e.g. the carrying down the stairs - what was conversation and joking before he picked her up? When he hugged her in the kitchen door he said "you're so crazy" like it was her idea, not his. The dance on the boat just came so out of nowhere - he said "so can I have my dance lesson now?". They had obviously talked about dancing and lessons previously. Where did the petal-picking 'loves me, loves me not' go? And did he present her with the flower that she used? And his "you're doing great" at the rose ceremony obviously related to an earlier conversation. I mean, all of us bachelor fanatics are on to the crazy editing that goes on, but this season it just seems really bad.

FORT Fogey
    Good observations Victoria. Editing the winner aspect slipped my mind. It is something to consider with great weight.

Very well put Ogopogo - now I don't have to do it, you've summed up my thoughts precisely!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Thanks djgirl5235. That was my rational side. Then there this side Jerry is HAWT . Those twinkling eyes and that shy smile just get to me!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by victoria
    At this point I'm just not feelin' him either. Although I immediately found Jerry handsome in the face, the hair? Not so much. It's too mohawk-y down the center, not funky all over like Josh Duhamel. Jerry ends up looking like a bird is struggling to get footing on his head. Looks aside, other things he does seem contrived, like he's trying to find original ways to appear charming and set himself apart, short of giving Jen customized Bachelorette slippers from his slipper company to give her comfort on her "journey." Carrying her down the stairs, asking her to show him how to dance on the boat were not awful, just over the top to me. During Ep. 1, I wasn't amused by his "joke" about being nice to everyone; neither funny nor offensive, it just seemed like a bonehead thing to say. And he seemed bewildered/concerned about whether he should have tipped Abby & Michelle when they were "revealed" which came off weird to me (too worried about appearances). Sometimes he seems too smooth, other times he seems a bit lacking in social graces (not in a hoity-toity way, just a plain common courtesy & sense way).

But that's all just my opinion so far. He is a cutie and the chemistry with Jen is palpable, maybe I'll feel differently in the coming weeks because he's clearly not goin' anywhere for awhile.

One last note: Jerry seemed to have borderline contentious exchanges with a couple guys in Ep. 1 and called Stu a stalker last night. IIRC, the winner is usually edited to appear to play very well with the other children, and doesn't say negative things about the others, nor vice versa (not counting stuff like, "I think I'm better for Jen because I ........"). In the case of Stu, I'll cut him some slack because that was simply stating the obvious. And obviously the other guys were jealous when they saw Jerry carrying Jen down the stairs, but the others are not usually shown having that kind of reaction to the "winner." Jerry seems to generally get along with everyone, but it doesn't quite seem like "winner" edit. Ian got a less than ideal edit with the "risky wanderer" portrayal, but despite that, he never got a "jerk" edit. Jerry seems nice enough, but there's a hint of "jerk" with him as I perceive it. I'm not rooting for or against Jerry, whatever floats Jen's boat, just sharing my perception through a whopping 2 episodes.
    VWS Victoria

To me Jerry comes of like that guy you like well enough until you spend lots of time with him and really get to know him. He comes off as being thoughtful but I get a feeling that it's not all that deep just a well constructed image not the real guy. I am waiting to see how this unfolds.

+ Reply to Thread