+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Oh man, I keep going back and forth. He seems really slimy, like really slimy and the article just proves it. However, when reading about him on the boards and seeing Jen respond to him, makes me really happy in a stupid "geez, I lack a life" type of way. Like he's good for her but I dunno, guess we have to see if someone else emerges because like Victoria said, there's something not quite right with this dude. I can't place it, but it's just not right, like he's not being himself but yet the part we see is adorable and wonderful but there's def something shady going on with him imo. So I'm on the Jerry train if he's real and the article is wrong but not on the Jerry train if my instincts of him being not quite right are true...anyone kwim?? Or did my babbling just confuse everyone??
    Alanna you did not confuse me. I'm with you on there is something just not quite right. It just might be the editing, but i guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    Welcome back, victoria! As you know, I always enjoy reading your posts. I personally don't see a negative edit yet, certainly not worse than Ian's.
    Thanks, chompie!!! It's good to be back for another round of the B'ette and see a lot of new peeps here, yet see a lot of the hammock crew and Matthew traingang still hangin' around the FoRT. Quick question: is "Igotalife" the poster formerly known as "Ineedalife?" If yes, and if you, too, will be posting for this installment, then the Bachelorette 3 forum will be a source of many bellyaching good laughs for the next 5-6 weeks! Is realitycrazmom still around doing artwork to compete with Ineedalife? Even more fun!

Now back to Jerry, who I wholeheartedly agree with most around here is a sizzler and appearing to have captured Jen's attention (I still don't like his hair, but whatever. Hair? No biggie, easily grown/cut/re-styled. I just question the judgment of the guy who chooses such a 'do without a gun to his head. *victoria smacks self* I'm still straying off topic). ).

Back to Jerry, for real now. In the first paragraph of my earlier post, I was just describing my own gut reactions/instincts in "reading" people as I've observed Jerry and his words and actions so far. They're itsy bitsy inklings, nothing that makes me just cringe in the ilk of SlipperRick who I did not, NOT, NOT want Meredith to like at all. I actually like Jerry more than my earlier post suggests (upon rereading it), but if I were in Jen's shoes and only saw what we've been able to see as viewers, I'd keep him around purely from a physical standpoint initially and I would mentally/emotionally proceed with a wee bit of caution. That's just me.

Regarding Jerry's edit: They (Fleiss & Co) haven't revealed the "persona" they've assigned Jerry yet and I don't have a clue what it's gonna be, so in that sense, ITA that Jerry's edit is no worse than Ian's, it's actually better/different. But through just 2 episodes, I felt Ian was less visible. Personally, Ian had me at hello, but in Ep. 1, I didn't know if Meredith "sensed" what I did about Ian. If the Meredian archives were still available, I could prove that, but John accidentally deleted them. Anyways, Ian jumped out at me in Ep. 1, but he was very nearly invisible in Ep. 2 (the rodeo date in which Todd won the majority of us FoRTies over). Ian went to Chinatown in Ep. 3 thanks to the compatibility test, and that's when Mer (& I) fell irreversibly hook, line & sinker for him (Todd & Ryan MOtormouth went to the zoo, the rest went to a hockey game). My point is Ian was essentially under Meredith's radar (given what we viewers saw) until Ep. 3, and we were never shown a bad word against Ian from the others (we did see that with the guys regarding Rick). We didn't see the guys grumpy about Ian getting the compatibility/Chinatown date; they might have been jealous, but they didn't say "Ian's an arse." And Ian never said anything remotely resembling negative about anyone else at any point, nor did Ryan Sutter as far as I remember. Jerry is getting more of the "Rick" edit, IMO. Not nearly as negative as Rick, what with all the metrosexual stuff, but I guess I'd call it the early frontrunner edit, as Russ also got with Trista.

I believe ABC/Fleiss does have a general outline/formula for the Bach & B'ette. It's subject to some tweaking, i.e. frontrunner Rick being offensive from the get go vs. Jerry being the frontrunner without being offensive, but unless they have reformulated completely, Jerry isn't getting the "winner" edit as I perceive it. Of course, personal desire always factors into perception, but I genuinely don't personally have anything against Jerry like I did about Rick. So far, I've had miniscule piniscule "hmm?" moments with Jerry that, if in Jen's position, might make me hedge just a bit with some thought, but forget entirely when he's standing in front of me looking into my eyes (we're all just human after all, and he IS scrumptious minus the hair). I still see the possibility of a great romance/relationship with Jerry. However, not being Jen, and from a viewer's standpoint, no matter how much I'm willing to give Jerry a chance and "forgive & forget" these little things that niggle me, I'm not seeing a "winner" edit unless they've changed their formula. I consider the possibility that a formula change is entirely possible---heck, they're in NY now and that's pretty different from LA.

This paragraph is speculatory, if not totally spoiler-ish, so for those who don't like spec & spoil, please don't continue reading. And if I'm off base writing this in this thread, I hope the mods will forgive me and just delete as necessary. My apologies to all, but it's gray area & I'm not sure what category this falls into. FWIW, this is how I see things. Fabrice is getting the Todd/Blob edit, IMO---if they are sticking to the tried and true formula it is the comic relief role. Ben is the Brad/Ryan Motormouth of Mer's season---likable and possibly lovable, but not for yourself, maybe for your best friend. Wendell is the Lanny---you SHOULD really really love him, but just not quite. Jerry is NOT Chad, but he's not Ian or Matthew, and this is where the formula is open for tweaking depending on the personalities they're dealing with. How it all pans out, I dunno, but that's how I see it....again, with the caveat of only being 2 episodes in.

Sorry so long, everyone. Those from Mer/Ian are accustomed to my long posts and either like them or decided to scroll past them when they saw my name to the left. I really am sorry that I'm not more succinct. Call me John Kerry ***cringe***---I'm all about nuance and nuance isn't well expressed in soundbites.

FORT Fanatic
    Beneath Jerry's physical looks, from his lame bio answers and clips so far indicates he really doesn't have much going on upstairs, imo. Nice guy I'm sure, probably very much at ease in meeting (and getting) women, but not bright enough in the long term.
    I don't see Jenn going from Firestone heir to hotel doorman/art manager!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Oh man, I keep going back and forth. He seems really slimy, like really slimy and the article just proves it.

Do you mean the New York Post article mentioning Jerry dating other reality show contestants?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01182005/gossip/38331.htm

P.S. sorry if this link has already been posted.
    Last edited by IEEE1394; 01-19-2005 at 03:14 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Jerry is trying to break into show business, if we are to believe the article, so I doubt he was actually a doorman. I think he probably got that as an acting gig. Real World wanted a cute young thing so they gave the old gray haired doorman the day off.

I don't see wanting a career in TV and falling in love are mutually exclusive. He could have come on the show for exposure and found himself in love.

Too many of his friends have come forward, on the ABC board, saying what a sweet fabulous man he is for me to jump to believe he is otherwise. Time will tell. For now, I like the guy.

I hate the editing, always have. Why hide it, it is the premis of the entire show! You dont want a surprize, you want to feel satisfied at the end. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo
    I think we're seeing a case of really really bad editing a lot of the time. So much of the little bit of interaction we see with him is so jerky and out of context e.g. the carrying down the stairs - what was conversation and joking before he picked her up? When he hugged her in the kitchen door he said "you're so crazy" like it was her idea, not his. The dance on the boat just came so out of nowhere - he said "so can I have my dance lesson now?". They had obviously talked about dancing and lessons previously. Where did the petal-picking 'loves me, loves me not' go? And did he present her with the flower that she used? And his "you're doing great" at the rose ceremony obviously related to an earlier conversation. I mean, all of us bachelor fanatics are on to the crazy editing that goes on, but this season it just seems really bad.
    What Ogopogo said. Damn Fleiss and his editing machine. I am firmly on the Jerry love train and I do not intend to get off. Toot! Toot!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    What Ogopogo said. Damn Fleiss and his editing machine. I am firmly on the Jerry love train and I do not intend to get off. Toot! Toot!
    Ditto!

Victoria, I enjoyed reading your post. I'm curious if Jerry is filling the Charlie role - very cute/handsome, says the right words, knows the right moves, but is not known for the long term commitment.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by victoria
    Quick question: is "Igotalife" the poster formerly known as "Ineedalife?"
    That's me.... I'm on a self-imposed ban from talking about the Ian season, soooooo......

For right now, I'm firmly on the Jerry train as well.....I think he's getting a bad edit, hack job, whatever you want to call it. This week's episode was all about why she didn't pick the guys she let go...I'm hoping next week we get to see some more

Spoiler info from other threads if you don't want to read my comment:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Besides, if Ryan and JP are the front runners with Jerry, how could she possibly pick one of those guys over Jerry? Ryan: "Oooo baby, let me stroke my fingers down your man-boobs" NO Way!! and JP: I would be so turned off by his pursed, girly lips. SO alas, these are purely personal reasons, but oh well. It's just my opinion. :Lol

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    I am on the Jerry train as well - there is just something about him. Having said that.....I haven't seen him wear a tie yet. Not on the show or in any of the previews. I would really like to seem him all dolled up - so may have to wait and hopefully he's in the final two. Surely he'd wear a tie then.

+ Reply to Thread