+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wendell

FORT Regular
    rumi you are so right Wen doll had my eye on him from the start, He has sex appeal. I had read that Jerry and Wendell are the final 2 with Wendell getting the finale Rose. I don't know where I read it, but I like the sound of it. Can't wait to see home visits. Wendell's Mom I heard said she didn't like Firestone. Bad move.

FORT Regular
    I'm sure if all this stuff about Wendell were true the tabloids would be buzzing by this time. The AbC board is known to start something like this. I don't believe he is a player I think he is real. His bio states that since his Dad died he takes care of his family and wants a marrage which has love and friendship in it. this will all have to be proven to me. Don't you think this would have come up with the interviews that they had to do?

FORT Fan
    Wendall really does seem like a sweetie.

Wendell is still my personal favorite, although I have to admit that I see way more chemistry between Jen and Jerry, and all the editing points to Jerry (good and bad alike). Maybe "best friend" is what Wendell becomes? Although, didn't Jen's mom supposedly say that best thing is to find a person around whom one feels always comfortable (I'd understand that as best friend), and at least from what we are shown Jen is most comfortable (being herself) with Wendell. Then again, there would need to be some sparks, too, to become best friends who are in love with each other. And I have to say I hope it's not Wendell or anyone else but Jerry, because everyone but Jerry would have a horribly hard time watching the show
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I see zero sparks between Wendell and Jenn (she didn't even kiss him). She likes him with a stresser on LIKES! He doesn't make her heart go pitty pat - she is COMFORTABLE around him. I see friendship and companionship - not love. Compare her reaction to Wendell with her interaction with Jerry or even Ryan. Sorry - nothin there.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar
    I am SO feeling the Wendell love !

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I see zero sparks between Wendell and Jenn (she didn't even kiss him). She likes him with a stresser on LIKES! He doesn't make her heart go pitty pat - she is COMFORTABLE around him. I see friendship and companionship - not love. Compare her reaction to Wendell with her interaction with Jerry or even Ryan. Sorry - nothin there.
    Jen doesn't seem that comfortable with any of the guys, she's still pretty nervous around them, so if she's more comfortable with Wendell I think that says a lot. If if were me I would go with the guy who made me feel most comfortable in the beginning and let things develop from there. That said, I'll be surprised if she picks him, I don't think she will.

FORT Regular
    I didn't really have a reaction to Wendell right away, and wasn't especially taken by any of the others either. Most of them (Not all, but all of the other ones whom I noticed were clealy from the first not gonna go the distance) Which is not usual for me. (I NOTICED Fabrice of course, but that--Fabrice--is a whole other story, right?).

But sometime during the first episode, he began to creep up on me: He is a sleeper, as they say. And then--for me, although not for Jen, he was IT,and I could see how that happens. Although, of course, that is much safer in fantasy than reality tv!!

I could see Jen liked him, and maybe knew she SHOULD like him as a prospective hubby. I hadn't seen Andrew's Bachelorette, and didn't realize she had that much of a thing for conventionally handsome guys. I mean, I guess that's sexist of me, really--the guys/Bachelors we expect will place a heavy premium on it.

I myself find him the only one sexy to me personally; but I don't like pretty boy anymore, or at least, not because they are; I don't mean looks don't still matter, they do, but the looks I prefer have changed--I like craggy more; and also at my age the inside-vibe affects the look as a gestalt, not just a prudent choice disconnected from visceral chemistry. Also, although I liked men more my size when I was younger, now TALL does it. And Wendell although impeccably put together seems to have few vanity frills.

But maybe at Jen's age I was still on the cusp of picking the best looking one, at least within reason vis a vis other qualities.

I do think Jen goes for the (obvious to her romantic sensors, and to others aesthetic appreciation) looks factor, it just turns her on, and alas she seems jello-kneed with Jerry in that 'I am so in love cause this guy is a dreamboat' way that sometimes speads, or seems to anyway, to the person as a whole guy/package, at least in the beginning. And is thrilled that he seems to want her back. And nervous, so nervous, a big clue giveaway. At this point in my life, nervous is not as good as comfortable (I don't mean there doesn't need to be chemistry, always). Not that Jerry is awfu;, but if I had to choose between him and Ryan even for myself, it would be Ryan. There does seem to be some aspect of maybe picking just the (conventionally) best-looking one, as long as he treats her well and seems into her. And his being into her seems to be a wondrous thing to her, thrilling but she can't believe it's real.

So I was glad that Wendell was kept in, cause he so deserves it, and because I get to still seem him on. But sad because it seemed a real long shot that he would be Jen's THE ONE.

But then I realized: It's not that sad, because she probably is not a good match for him, either. The reasons, at least according to the diary, that she rejects people seem odd to me, or at least I don't read the guys the same way she does, mostly. And the things she likes--or at least says she does--seem a little general and cliche. No offense to Jen fans--I think she is lovely, am not dissing her. So maybe it's just as well, cause Wendell's great, AND HOT, for cultivated tastes, and his particular good qualities are just not what does it for this particular her.

She is kind to/about him, though, and seems to know he deserves to be appreciated even if he does not do it for her.

I would love to see Wendell on a Bachelor; but he is unlikely Fleiss' type, plus I have a feeling he might not like or be comforatable with the whole Playboy scene involved.

Anybody think Jen will actually end up with Chris at some time?
    Last edited by Emmared; 02-02-2005 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Many Typos

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal
    Psu, I also remember earlier posts from other boards of people who either knew Wendell or had girlfriends that dated him and the feedback was less than favorable.....well, ALOT less favorable.
    I just read the above and related posts afte posting a Wendell-appeciating long spiel. Sorry I know we are supposed to "combine" posts into one, but these are SO different from each other.

I'm not saying I believe the above any more than I believe Wendell-boosting posts elsewhere--I mean it's the WEB after all, who know anything. Nasty attacks one has to be even more careful about suspending judgment about a person, because character assasination is a dangerous thing.

But that said, it really pulled me up short: I am an amateur, I just started watching ANY realityTV with Byron's Bachelor. And these posts about negative real-life Wendell feedback, right after my own, uncharacteristically wide-eyed (I am an oldish skeptic) post, made me realize all over again this is (reality) TELEVISION, not reality. And that's without even mentioning the editing and all out fiction/scripted aspects.

We the viewers know NOTHING, can know nothing, about what these guys ar really like. But what's scarier: Although she obviously can know MORE, Jen cannot possibly know MUCH more, well yes much more, but maybe not enough more-- than we do. Even if in real life you date ONE person for a month or two, there can be whole parts of them you don't see, for better or worse, for a long while after. And she hopes to pick one to marry!!

And even more so, this is a controlled environment, where guys have more reasons and opportunity to put on mask, and hide their lower selves. And of course, the woman's focus is by definition diffuse. And in real life, where all kinds of real-life stressors and unexpected encounters may get someone to "slip", and where external people come into play, there' more of a chance to glimpse "real stuff" the person, even with no deceptive manipulative intent, doesn't want to show yet.

And as for us, the producers may not show us REALLY BAD stuff (I don't mean minor craziness) for lots of reasons, even if it were likely that many contestants would actually show it--and they'd be on guard not to.

I still like Wendell the best, this hasn't affected me on that because I remember that either way, I'm reacting to a CHARACTER.

But it did make me think once again about the whole real deal.
    Last edited by Emmared; 02-02-2005 at 09:21 PM. Reason: for clarity

Wendell, Wendell, Wendell ...

Even his name is unsexy. And he lacks severe chemistry with Jen. Witness how nervous she seemed when he made it to the ESB first.

He has my vote to go this Monday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast