Closed Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Jen Schefft - The Bachelorette

hmm well right now its too early for me to tell who would be best....i will say.....a lot of the guys who seemed like good choices, she didnt pick! how the heck she picked fabrice i have no idea....it was either the producers, or maybe the physical attraction

so if jen is going for the physical, i'd say jerry is her best bet

if she's going for the "perfect husband" i'm not sure who that would be yet

meredith always said matthew would make a perfect husband, but she didnt pick him, who knows, maybe jen will go down that same path

i kinda think jerry has been labled "player" unfairly.....i mean i can see why some would say that, but it is possible to be good looking/confident and be a good guy

i think some people just dont think its possible lol

Quote Originally Posted by satorus
    I remember Chris saying that Jen was just so into someone that she was worried "do you think he likes me?" This sounds like a quote from the start of the dating and not after the dating was being narrowed down...
    Exactly and seems to indicate someone she is really not too sure of their feelings. At the same time I thought I remember Jenn making allusions to the fact that she was happy with how it went, that when she went into this "adventure" it was to find the person to eventually marry...like she was not about to rush down the aisle like Trista, more like Mer. In that case, Jerry could fit the bill
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

When I was watching the guy author of "He's Just Not That Into You" on Oprah, he said that he was a real jerk - dating women once or twice and never calling them again - until he met "the one." He said when he found the right women, that he knew he had to step up to the plate and make himself a better man. My husband said that he went through the same exact thing when he met me. (Awwwww! )

From the good qualities we have been reading about Jerry; possibly facing mortality with his father's recent sudden death; and the depth of character, care and understanding of others formed from growing up with two deaf parents, I can truly seeing him be marriage material if he finds the right girl, like he said.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

blondiegal : Very interesting insight. Point well taken. Remember, eventually even the great looking guys get married. Based on what people who know Jerry say about him he does have substance, some good values and heart.And eventually even the players stop playing and get serious as the author did.

Thanks Pajamasam!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey
    I am thinking Jerry is her best match too.

1. We may have seen a love at first sight moment. She also told her friends Jerry had her attention when they asked her if anyone stood out yet.

2. She fell in love with Andrew and he is sophistocated, as is Jen. The others do not possess that trait. Jerry does.

3. She is urban, so is Jerry.

4. The question posed to Chris seems to fit Jerry. She was taken with him the first night and was asking Chris if he thought Jerry reflected her feelings.

Not sure why there is a question about him being marriage material. Sure sounds like it from what his friends have said. I definately think there will be an engagement. Both Jen and the man she chooses know that it is not an irreversable decision so, why not?

We will be able to tell if it is Jerry easily

They are going to do everything they can to cover it. The less we see of love moments with Jerry the more I will be altert to the possibility.

Not sure why there is a question about him being marriage material.
    I'm not questioning his character - its more about being settled into a career and having the financial means to support a family. Jen doesn't seem the type who is willing to live on Kraft dinner or to support her husband. The point I made earlier was unlike Ian, who although was unemplyed, did have great prospects. I don't really see that with Jerry.

What Jerry needs is a nice rich girl who's daddy would be willing to support him to keep his liitle princess happy. Then he'd be free to pursue his art and his acting career or whatever.

Then again we don't always get what we want or what we need - most of us just have to make do - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

FORT Fan
    I am not so sure Jerry needs a rich girl. We all know the Mere & Ian story & how his BIO was written. There just maybe a whole lot more to MR JERRY than meets the eye. Jery is quite aloof too as was Ian. Just because it's not in his BIO doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

We also must take Jen to heart when she does say that it is not about money for her. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by toopicky55
    I am not so sure Jerry needs a rich girl. We all know the Mere & Ian story & how his BIO was written. There just maybe a whole lot more to MR JERRY than meets the eye. Jery is quite aloof too as was Ian. Just because it's not in his BIO doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

We also must take Jen to heart when she does say that it is not about money for her. !!!
    It's not about how ABC is presenting the person - its about being able to see through it to what is the truth.

You know, I like Jerry's looks (obviously) and I do think they had an instant attraction, so that makes him my early favorite. However, I truly believe others might grow on me more and more as the show progresses. I remember back to Trista's season. Ryan didn't really register with me at first, when all 25 guys were introduced. It took a couple of shows for me to see more of his personality and to start really liking him. By the end I was determined to be devastated if she chose Charlie over him. I couldn't bear the idea of Ryan being hurt like that! He definitely grew on me.

Ian came across as more aloof and holding back his feelings, but he proposed in the end (and what a proposal!). Who knows, Jerry could do the same! Sure, he looks pretty slick and a bit of a player, but he could genuinely fall in love, we just don't know. I have to give it a couple more weeks before I can start to really get a sense for these guys (those who make the cut tomorrow night).

Closed Thread