Closed Thread
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Jen Schefft - The Bachelorette

It's early to say, but at the moment I really like Ben.
    He's a young guy, but seems to have his head screwed on.
    Of course whatever happens with the police in the previews we've seen could change my opinion.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    cafegirl...I was thinking the same thing, but also factored in that Jenn has an advantage over Mer and Trista...she basically had already "met" the guys via tapes and pix. I think doing the initial look/see before the Intro Party would just really jumpstart her initial feelings about someone, i.e. Jerry, as far as physical attraction goes. Jenn knew Jerry existed before he walked through the door and obviously was mighty happy to see him. I'm really curious to see if Jenn and chosen one (possibly Jerry) are the kind of couple who WOULD get engaged at the end of the show. If the chosen one is Jerry..is he the kind of guy who would propose if chosen.
    Exactly!!! I think it's pretty evident on these threads, that a large majority of the posters would definitely "not kick Jerry out of their bed for eating crackers!! ) but is he the BEST choice for Jen? Does she transcend lust into a lasting love?? I am definitely going to wait and see. If she does pick him at the end, based on what I've seen and read so far about Jerry, I'd be very happy for her, but is he really ready to settle down? His comments on the bio are honest but not very assuring and his voice overs give me the impression of one who falls quickly. He says he is "a hopeless romantic that could fall head over heels in love with her, so hopefully she's as ready as I am!"... but the question is .... does it last?? I DON"T know if he's the one, so bring on the show!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Jerry is a real charmer but really does he sound like good husband material? Besides the "starving artist" cliche, it will be interesting to see how he is portrayed by the ABC producers. Considering they tried to convince us that Ian was "unstable" even though it was clear he had a superior education, impressive job experience and great contacts so that when he choose to find work, it wouldn't be a problem.

Now Jerry does not impress me at all as a prospective provider. You add to that the fact that he's been on other reality shows and the someone who knows him posted that he had a make-out buddy as early as last summer with a girl who worked at the same mall who was barely 21.....if I were Jen's mother, I know what I would be saying.

Jerry is definitely the guy you want to have a fling with, but marriage I'm not too sure about. It comes down to this - who would you rather be the father of your children, the guy who works as the doorman or the guy who owns the building? (OK, call me shallow, but I prefer pragmatic.)
    Last edited by Krispy; 01-15-2005 at 01:26 PM.

FORT Fan
    I am a Jerry fan also, but I am not sure really that we are going to see a proposal & that is based on Jen. I think it is Jen that will hold off on the proposing to continue with the relationship as to where it really is headed in the real world. Two proposals on national tv that does not work would not put Jen in the best of light. I do not think Jen wants any part of that happening. So proposal NO.
    Jerry's BIO is vague but so was Ian's & we know where that headed. Still together.

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy
    Jerry is a real charmer but really does he sound like good husband material? Besides the "starving artist" cliche, it will be interesting to see how he is portrayed by the ABC producers. Considering they tried to convince us that Ian was "unstable" even though it was clear he had a superior education, impressive job experience and great contacts so that when he choose to find work, it wouldn't be a problem.
    You're so right with this. Ian really got crappy editing.
    Now Jerry does not impress me at all as a prospective provider. You add to that the fact that he's been on other reality shows
    Jerry hasn't actually been "on" other reality shows. He happened to be shown in one when the girl flirted with him on camera, but according to another board, Ryan was on Blind Date, plus Ryan has had bit parts in a couple of other shows, so either it's Ryan that's the famewhore or Jerry is so inept he can't even land a bit part.
    Jerry is definitely the guy you want to have a fling with, but marriage I'm not too sure about. It comes down to this - who would you rather be the father of your children, the guy who works as the doorman or the guy who owns the building? (OK, call me shallow, but I prefer pragmatic.)
    For sure, Jerry sounds like a fabulous fling candidate, but maybe we/you are selling him short with the doorman bit. Maybe he's a really serious artist, and deserves credit for doing whatever is necessary to support himself while slaving over his easel into the wee hours of the morning. I have no idea if this is so, but it's just a thought. And Ryan hardly owns the building. A teacher has to stretch to pay the rent on an apartment let alone own it. Now JP apparently owns the building, but yuk, I don't even want to go there in my head that Jen might seriously consider him :rolleyes

FORT Newbie
    I'm on the Jerry train, as well. From what we've seen, he looks like a great guy nevermind the great compliments we've seen on the boards from people who know him.

If the chosen one is Jerry..is he the kind of guy who would propose if chosen.
    There is a girl at TWoP who knows Jerry, and she mentioned that, "[Jerry] said, to friends -- either during taping or just after...but [this girl] was definitely told...that he would marry her. So he knew her by then." Speaking of Jen, of course.

I think we'll have to wait and see what they're like together. Judging by the pictures though, they seem very happy.

FORT Fan
    I'm sorry but what is TWoP & how do I get to that?

Did this girl say anything about Jerry's personality & if he was sincere type. Some seem to think he is a player, I don't but I do think he may be a little hard to figure & has a lot of depth.

FORT Newbie
    TWoP is Television Without Pity. It's kind of the same thing as Fans of Reality TV, except it doesn't focus primarily on reality television. To get there you can go to google and search for Television Without Pity. (Sorry, I'm a new user, I can't post any links...or apparently anything like a link). You can get to the Bachelor/Bachelorette thread by going to 'Competetive Reality Shows'.

She's said that Jerry has a lot more depth than meets the eye, that he's a dork and is definitely not that "fratboy" type. She said that his description of himself as being "loyal, outgoing, honest" was accurate, and he is a bit of a flirt. According to her he's very charming, sweet, funny and good natured.

There is someone else there whose young daughter always used to talk to Jerry. The mother had only met him a few times and said he was truly, sincerely nice. Anyway, she said that her daughter at the time might have been 9 or 10, and she's 14 now. Anyway, she had a big crush on him. Apparently he was very sweet to her, and even after they moved to LA he would keep in touch with her daughter through e-mail. I just found that so sweet

It sure seems that ABC is trying to make us think that Jerry is the "one" but I'm not sure because......I'm not sure that he is husband material .
    So, from the way I see it if she picks him I just don't see it lasting which would be a real shame considering Jen's already gone through a public breakup.
    I also think possibly there could be an attraction/lust but not really "love".
    I hope that she really was thinking of what she wanted down the road for a husband, when she was making her decision.

Money wise JP seems to be the one with the most money but how much does he have to work /usually people who own their own business work more hours than the norm.

Ryan seems to fit the "mold" of what Jen says she is looking for but are there really any sparks.........I don't know.
    anyway just my two cents .........
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    I remember Chris saying that Jen was just so into someone that she was worried "do you think he likes me?" This sounds like a quote from the start of the dating and not after the dating was being narrowed down...

Closed Thread