Closed Thread
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jen Schefft - The Bachelorette

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    thanks for the pics Bachlorette fan.. I really liked this one, she just looks like she's having fun during that photo session:
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

That picture actually looks like Trista a little bit....what do ya'll think?

Your Welcome!!! Yeah doesnt she just look like she is having fun...

This season seems like its gonna be reallly good....hopefully better than the merdy season....

The best guy for Jen

I am usually just a lurker but kind of felt compelled to put in my two cents worth. I know that everyone has their favorite guy(me included) but I think what's most important is that Jen gets the guy best suited for her. I am trying to watch the show and critique the guys based on not who's the hottest but who could potentially be the best one for Jen. I know with the editing that's it's sometimes hard to tell what is real. With that being said I just wanted to start this thread so people could debate the merits of the guys based on long term potential for Jen.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starbucksjunkie
    I am usually just a lurker but kind of felt compelled to put in my two cents worth. I know that everyone has their favorite guy(me included) but I think what's most important is that Jen gets the guy best suited for her. I am trying to watch the show and critique the guys based on not who's the hottest but who could potentially be the best one for Jen. I know with the editing that's it's sometimes hard to tell what is real. With that being said I just wanted to start this thread so people could debate the merits of the guys based on long term potential for Jen.
    Say, starbucksjunkie (I so agree with your user name )... I like the premise you're suggesting in this thread... But to be honest, I have almost decided to take a break from all this "sleuthing"/analysizing/drooling/fantasizing... because in all the shows that I have watched and checked forums for clues/etc., I have not seen one as intensely scrutinized (and I am definitely including myself as one of the most frequent posters :rolleyes ) as this show and that's before we even get to see her truly interact with the guys!! (I know I'm very ambiguous about this ) I for one (of the few) have not decided on my favorite to win it all. I've decided I want to leave some element of surprise to the conclusion. I have been know to read the ending of a novel before finishing it because I was dying to know how it ends, but it never fails when I do that, I'm a little disappointed, even if the ending is exactly what I wanted.
    Soooo, if you're still with me after unloading all that off my chest , I'll comment on the favorite to so many (but I'm reserving my opinion just yet), Jerry. I've rewatched the first show so many times, I'm wearing out my tape, and listened for voice overs of him and watched Jen's reactions to him and looked at the pics and all I'm willing to say right now, is that he is being shown as the early favorite. I like him and agree he's charming and cute and I can see why so many on these boards have basicly "stuck a fork" in him and declared him a "done-deal", the winner!!! I am not convinced yet!!! I think if Jen goes with him, it's because she takes this initial overwhelming attraction and lets it develop into love... I don't think she falls in love that first night, just a lot of "lust"!! As for the rest.. I'm not sure!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Cafegirl, I agree, I'm just trying to watch this one with an open mind so I am not disappointed in the end. I sometimes get way too involved with who I think the person should choose. I immediately liked Jerry but somehow that sent up a red flag for me that maybe that's what we were supposed to get from the editing. I am trying to think of where the guys live, what they do and what the long term potential is for a relationship.

cafegirl...I was thinking the same thing, but also factored in that Jenn has an advantage over Mer and Trista...she basically had already "met" the guys via tapes and pix. I think doing the initial look/see before the Intro Party would just really jumpstart her initial feelings about someone, i.e. Jerry, as far as physical attraction goes. Jenn knew Jerry existed before he walked through the door and obviously was mighty happy to see him. I'm really curious to see if Jenn and chosen one (possibly Jerry) are the kind of couple who WOULD get engaged at the end of the show. If the chosen one is Jerry..is he the kind of guy who would propose if chosen.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I dont think she necessarily knew who all the guys would be. I think she had input on some , maybe even most of them. It's just as possible she never laid eyes on Jerry until they met the first night. It will be interesting to find out the answer to this question (regarding all of the the final 4 guys) after the show is done.

I like him and agree he's charming and cute and I can see why so many on these boards have basicly "stuck a fork" in him and declared him a "done-deal", the winner!!!
    OH Cafegirl - That is just too funny!!!

When I read that, I just got a vision in my head of a big fat juicy turkey on a big platter with Jerry's smiling face on it!!!

Talking about who is best for Jen - thats why I think John Paul has a chance no matter what we think at this point. He is obviously very ambitious, successful and knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it. As he says in the final voiceover, he can provide her with the family she wants and love she needs. I think Wendell is the same type and that is why she keeps him around. I think Jen is traditional in that way.

Ryan would also be a good choice because he seems to come from her type of background and being with him would be just soooo comfortable (maybe too much like a brother?). On the other hand, he could easily move to Chicago and teach. There wouldn't be too many surprises in store for her future with him.

Now Jerry- wow he is something else altogether. He is a lot more exciting and interesting and fun. He seems to have a great outgoing personality and you add to that, the fact that he grew up with two deaf parents - now talk about pulling at your heartstrings....you know he has to have a lot of depth there too. That makes him exotic and amazing. Then to top it all of he's an artist - how can you get more romantic than that? In the end though, will she find him too overwhelming?

It will be intersting to watch this play itself out. I hope TPTB don't got for the cheap shots and superficial story here - I see a lot of classic romantic themes emerging here. Great possibility for a great season.

Closed Thread