+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 5/26 - The “After the Rose” That Wouldn’t End

Great cynical recap. If Chris wanted to liven things up he should have fielded questions from the small intimate audience (that you never saw until the end and never heard). I can bet someone would have asked many more invasive questions than Chris attempted to do. Why even have an audience..have Imagineering create a computer generated one.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

EZD
    I suppose I can't do anything to *make* you understand how Jessica is but... this is exactly how she acts when she's somewhere she doesn't want to be/with company she doesn't want to keep. Based purely on the train wreck ABC Jessica likes Tara (Tara came out to LA and they had a blast), she does not like/respect/etc Trish but understands that a cat fight reflects well on none of its participants (why burn bridges when there's no need? After all, Trish isn't talking trash on Jessica but she is on Tara and it has tarnished Tara's reputation - there is credit to Jessica's theory).

EZD
    such Grr... too distracted at work to realize where I left off in my post when I got interrupted. And then the boss walked in... Here's Take 2:

I suppose I can't do anything to *make* you understand how Jessica is but... this is exactly how she acts when she's somewhere she doesn't want to be/with company she doesn't want to keep. Based purely on the train wreck ABC has made this show and how silly they've made all of the participants look, I can understand Jessica's reluctance to further feed their desire for sensationalism. I mean, really - how tacky is it to spend a good portion of the show asking Tara if she had sex with Jesse, recapping Trash's escapades and showcasing how morally bankrupt she still is, and then giving air time to a tabloid story and asking Jessica if she's pregnant? I wouldn't look that happy either and nothing short of a contractual obligation would get me to sit on that stage. Jessica likes Tara (Tara came out to LA and they had a blast), she does not like/respect/etc Trash, but understands that a cat fight reflects well on none of its participants (why burn bridges when there's no need? After all, Trash isn't talking trash on Jessica - but she is on Tara and it has tarnished Tara's reputation - why walk in the line of fire if you can gracefully avoid it? There is validity to Jessica's theory).

My thoughts on Trash: Girlfriend needs some serious help. I am utterly baffled by the fact that this girl thinks one may act any way she chooses as long as she's honest about it. Hello? Honesty is not life's hall pass. People judge you by what you do because it is a reflection of your character and values - what else should they judge you by? Doesn't she judge Tara by her opinions and actions? Has she ever heard the line "actions speak louder than words"? There's a reason people say it... I especially appreciate her taking of the moral high road "Dude, she is such a bitch" - in a whisper no less! I thought she was always up front... :rolleyes Anyhow, I just think it's a load of crap to act like that - if you want to act like that and not suffer people's negative opinions, go find a hedonistic society and wallow all you want - but as long as you live in the good ol' right wing USofA people are gonna expect you to keep your knees together (or at least your mouth shut regarding what your knees have been doing).

Great and entertaining recap!

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EZD
    such Grr... too distracted at work to realize where I left off in my post when I got interrupted. And then the boss walked in... Here's Take 2:

I suppose I can't do anything to *make* you understand how Jessica is but... this is exactly how she acts when she's somewhere she doesn't want to be/with company she doesn't want to keep. Based purely on the train wreck ABC has made this show and how silly they've made all of the participants look, I can understand Jessica's reluctance to further feed their desire for sensationalism. I mean, really - how tacky is it to spend a good portion of the show asking Tara if she had sex with Jesse, recapping Trash's escapades and showcasing how morally bankrupt she still is, and then giving air time to a tabloid story and asking Jessica if she's pregnant? I wouldn't look that happy either and nothing short of a contractual obligation would get me to sit on that stage. Jessica likes Tara (Tara came out to LA and they had a blast), she does not like/respect/etc Trash, but understands that a cat fight reflects well on none of its participants (why burn bridges when there's no need? After all, Trash isn't talking trash on Jessica - but she is on Tara and it has tarnished Tara's reputation - why walk in the line of fire if you can gracefully avoid it? There is validity to Jessica's theory).

My thoughts on Trash: Girlfriend needs some serious help. I am utterly baffled by the fact that this girl thinks one may act any way she chooses as long as she's honest about it. Hello? Honesty is not life's hall pass. People judge you by what you do because it is a reflection of your character and values - what else should they judge you by? Doesn't she judge Tara by her opinions and actions? Has she ever heard the line "actions speak louder than words"? There's a reason people say it... I especially appreciate her taking of the moral high road "Dude, she is such a bitch" - in a whisper no less! I thought she was always up front... :rolleyes Anyhow, I just think it's a load of crap to act like that - if you want to act like that and not suffer people's negative opinions, go find a hedonistic society and wallow all you want - but as long as you live in the good ol' right wing USofA people are gonna expect you to keep your knees together (or at least your mouth shut regarding what your knees have been doing).

Superb, EZD. I completely agree.

It makes sense that Jessica is sick to death of "The Trish Show". I know I am. The ATFR show is supposed to be the couple's moment and ABC filled it with one Trashy thing after another. The scene with Tara and Trish was so oily--I felt like I was watching Jerry Springer . . . pretty sad. At least Jessica and Jesse walked away with something good from this whole nauseating mess. I wish them the best.
    Last edited by Truewriter; 05-28-2004 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truewriter
    Superb, EZD. I completely agree.

It makes sense that Jessica is sick to death of "The Trish Show". I know I am. The ATFR show is supposed to be the couple's moment and ABC filled it with one Trashy thing after another. The scene with Tara and Trish was so oily--I felt like I was watching Jerry Springer . . . pretty sad. At least Jessica and Jesse walked away with something good from this whole nauseating mess. I wish them the best.

Same here EZD!!!
    I wish them ONLY the BEST and I could see Jessica was totally uncomfortable with the situation and NOT Jesse - everyone just does not understand that Jessica is ABOVE all of that and that is why she was CHOSEN...I hope they find happiness and everyone will just leave them alone.

Footballmom
    FORT Newbie

I just watched Tara's "exit video". If that is not proof that ABC edited this season to death I do not know what is. Even after watching the after the rose show last evening I felt confused. Why was Trish a part of this show? If it was so Trish could confront Tara why has that not happened in seasons past?(Tina Fabulous for example..... she walked away with her head held high & showed far more class than Trish)
    Personally........after watching the way Jesse eats I would have bowed out. I do not think we really got the complete view on any of these gals or Jesse. I really feel sorry for Mandy J. Trish definately received FAR too much air time in my opinion. After all is said and done it is sad to me that the nice girls really did come in last when it came to editing. No one is perfect and thats a fact. Yet the amount of time spent on someone who I would not want any of my sons to bring home (guess who) and the lack of time spent on the positive qualities of great girls who had class and brains was SAD. Am I being idealistic? Maybe......but I can tell you I will not be watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette next season. I posted this yesterday in the Tara thread. I felt it was better repeated in this thread.

I thought Eny and Sher's recaps this season were a hell of a lot more entertaining than the show. Thank you ladies for a great season!

Last edited by Bill; 05-28-2004 at 05:16 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I thought Eny and Sher's recaps this season were a hell of a lot more entertaining that the show. Thank you ladies for a great season!

I love your style of writing, Sher! Your recaps never fail to crack me up, so I usually don't read them while I'm at work!
    This is the only Reality TV forum I've joined - mainly because of the humorous style of the recaps... Well, that and the rules about correct grammar!

EZD
    I thought my post was relevant to the ATFR episode... Anyhow, just to clear the air, I'm not attacking either of your recaps (this episode or any other) - just sharing some info you all might be interested in (I figure people like the stuff since that's what sells US, etc). I, personally, like the recaps - especially when they're somewhat, uh, "invented". I love this site because it's one of the few where intelligent people congregate and have a good laugh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast