+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 5/26 - The “After the Rose” That Wouldn’t End

D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Just one little thing you missed - Chris asking Jessica if she was pregnant!
    Last edited by sher; 05-27-2004 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    Sorry, but for once I found the show more interesting than the recap. Way too cynical for me.
    it happens. depends on your take of the season and its stars. this season i was simply unimpressed. and cynicism is my style.

FORT Newbie
    Jessica did not look comfortable at all. She let Jesse do all the talking (which is probably not a wise idea, 'cause we know what a wonderful conversationalist he is :rolleyes ).

What cracked me up the most? At the end of the show, KNOWING Tara and Trish had been catty on stage, they sat them next to each other in the audience.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ah You rule sista . I'm glad my TV (the only one hooked up to the cable that gets ABC here in the great white north) went Bam . Pay no attention to the crowbar in the corner . I got out of watching it and just Sher's excellent recap to imagine what went on. I guess not much. Sorry for your pain and suffering.
    Y'all have no idea how close you came to no recap, as I had to emergency pm Sher , who luckily had taped it. Hollering from Toronto to Dallas "You have to watch the meathead" wouldn't have done it

In some ways Eny, I think a recap based just on the sound would have been hilarious. Especially Jesse's Gollum impression.

OKay, love the recap, but wonder whether Jessica really looked that upset to be there. I tried to tape the show... but did not work. I really want to know if any of them looked truly miserable!
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

EZD
    I too, found Jessica to be quiet. However, Jessica tends to be quiet/withdrawn when she is in the company of people she does not enjoy associating with. I think that Trish's presence (and not her relationship with Jesse) is what really threw her off from her normally talkative self. I also think that she is unwilling to feed into the media frenzy Chris was trying to create with his questions - she really is just a normal person. PS: Am I the only one that noted the sarcasm in Jessica's "We should all go out together" comment? What do you think prompted the fake enthusiasm? Chris' stupid question.

darling, of course the recap is an exaggeration of everything, but IMVHO, i thought that jessica looked like she didn't like jesse anymore, much less love him. seriously, they looked like much less of a couple than even bob and estella did on the ATFR last season. she wasn't herself on the show, wasn't talking, spent most of her time grinning and never really smiling. the only time i saw her express joy on her face was when she was greeting tara.

and EZD, maybe it was being uncomfortable with the people she was around, but i personally didn't get that she held the same animosity towards trish as tara. she hugged trish and actually looked like she was genuinely greeting her, not just doing it out of obligation. during the show, when asked about trish, she even said that she appreciated trish for being who she was and that though she might not agree with some of her decisions, she liked her all the same. trish confirmed this when she said that jessica had even written her a kind note while on the show.

Thank you for clearing that up Sher. Your recaps are hilarious, and through most of what I was reading, I actually had to wonder if Jesse did say such a stupid thing (after all, I wouldn't put it past him!!). It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't last. How logical and realistic is it to find your soulmate in a group of only 25 women?!
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

I found this AFR very boring. I mean for 2 people who love each other, Jessica at times looked pained and not all excited about this big adventure ahead.

I wasn't a huge fan or Meredith and Ian, but at least they looked in love and that they were genuinely happy to be back together!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast