+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular American Bachelors in Europe

Unpopular American Bachelors in Europe

Continuing my repor about the broadcast of the Bachelor in Europe: it appears that it was not only Bob who was unpopular to the Belgian TV representatives who did not buy his installment and resorted to blurring the subtitles of Meredith's show. Jesse is heading the same way: apparently, the After the Rose Special for Meredith was broadcasted today in Belgium, and it was edited in such a way that Jesse never appeared, nor was there any reference to him! Before that, Andrew and Jen's After the Rose included Bob's cameo. And that was before prospective buyers decided that he was up to no good.

Interesting, huh? I think that ABC has to clean its act or they will lose money.

Sheila

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Well, considering that this version was really all about Trish, it' s no wonder there is no footage of Jesse. He was barely there anyway!
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

I can understand that they might can B5 over there, because it's the most boring and dreadful show EVER..

But I don't understand why they skipped B4. Bob was awful, of course. However, the cast was great and major part of the show was entertaining. I think it was not because of the show itself, but what happened after show.

Good, maybe there will be no more shows that only show the resident hooker and no girls or Bach.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    Well, considering that this version was really all about Trish, it' s no wonder there is no footage of Jesse. He was barely there anyway!
    Yeah, he could have called in his part!
    The girls all seemed to like each other better than Jesse anyway!

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Thanks, Sheila, for your reports--very interesting reading.

I posted a thread last week that included speculation on whether this season of The Bachelor would be picked up in Europe. The thread was unceremoniously deleted.

For the most part this was a very unromantic season. Trish has been extended well beyond her fifteen minutes of fame. I don't know why ABC thinks the public wanted Trish brought back for a feud with Tara on the After the Rose Ceremony. Trish was on Jimmy Kimmel last night bragging about the confrontation. Jimmy seriously asked Trish what is next and does she want to pursue an acting career.

I don't plan to watch all the episodes of any more series of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette without some drastic changes to the current ho-hum format.

Jesse is fine but the non-proposal and one way ticket was a real drip. I guess I was more excited over that beautiful engagement ring than Jessica.

[QUOTE=sugarlady

I don't plan to watch all the episodes of any more series of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette without some drastic changes to the current ho-hum format.

Jesse is fine but the non-proposal and one way ticket was a real drip. I guess I was more excited over that beautiful engagement ring than Jessica.[/QUOTE]

I am with you - don't plan to watch anymore seasons unless they put "Class" back into the show. I think there was a romance, but ABC did not let us see it - I think Jesse did the right thing by returning the ring, wanting to pursue their dreams together - maybe this will be a successful Bachelor Season without a ring and proposal - Jessica probably did not want the same ring that she and Tara had "both picked out and tried on" - I am glad he gave it back and decided not to put that ring on Jessica's hand - that would have been icky - she had to share him with all the other women but she should not have to have the "same" ring Tara wanted - she deserves more than that - good call on Jesse's part.

The upside is that Jesse expressed interest in eventually having a TV wedding like Trista and Ryan in an EXTRA interview. It looked like the morning after. Jesse was carrying Jessica on his back and she was glowing. So, Jessica may get a chance to shop for a beautiful rock without sharing the experience and man with another woman.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl

I am with you - don't plan to watch anymore seasons unless they put "Class" back into the show. I think there was a romance, but ABC did not let us see it - I think Jesse did the right thing by returning the ring, wanting to pursue their dreams together - maybe this will be a successful Bachelor Season without a ring and proposal - Jessica probably did not want the same ring that she and Tara had "both picked out and tried on" - I am glad he gave it back and decided not to put that ring on Jessica's hand - that would have been icky - she had to share him with all the other women but she should not have to have the "same" ring Tara wanted - she deserves more than that - good call on Jesse's part.

Plus I think it would be more romantic to actually go choose the ring together, when the time comes, without the vulturing ABC cameras.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast