+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor Finale: Thanks For Nothing and Other Nauseating Moments

sher & eny - you continue to be my hero's on recaps - thanks for giving me the best laugh I've had all day!! truly, if they hired you to write the robot scripts they give to us in the confessionals, this show would be 100% more entertaining.

other observations...was it just me, or did Jessica GRAB the rings out of the robot's had to put them on her ring finger? I thought he might lose a digit!

and did anyone else think that the middle Palmer brother was HOT? Granted he comes from the spawn of a past-NFLer-who-needs-a-session-at-the-hair-institute and his lovely i've-been-lifted-and-am-bitter-these-women-have-more-potential-as-a-model-than-i-ever-did wife, but the results were quite impressive. my husband was about ready to kick me off the couch from yelling 'hot!' everytime he was shown. no, i won't nominate him for the next bachelor...remembering his blood line!

anyone know when the next installment of torture is due out? since they're still recruiting for a Bachelor, is a Bachelorette up next? i'd love to boycott, but am too much of an addict.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    Oddly, he stops to look at the pictures, pretending that he is thinking about something other than his morning wood and an egg mcmuffin.

This made me laugh so hard I had to leave the computer for a minute.

Thank god this season is over.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood

This made me laugh so hard I had to leave the computer for a minute.

Thank god this season is over.

Same here Dagwood. I had to do a double read.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by brncoswthrt
    anyone know when the next installment of torture is due out? since they're still recruiting for a Bachelor, is a Bachelorette up next? i'd love to boycott, but am too much of an addict.
    brncoswthrt, I became an addict during the last Bachelorette, but I think I can boycott it. I didn't connect at all with Jesse on the very first night, and it should have been my clue to run fast to the FORT & skip the tv. I'm going to put that to the test for the next series.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    Pouring salt into the wound, Jesse says “I only intend to be engaged ONCE. It’s serious stuff. I mean, being engaged is like the step right before you get married. And when you marry someone, it’s like saying you want to be with that person forever.” Ugh. Please let this season end as I am sick of this meathead’s moronic monologues.
    Great recap! Triple emphasis on the parts I underlined, italicized, and bolded (enboldened?).

Premium Member
    my husband was about ready to kick me off the couch from yelling 'hot!' everytime he was shown.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl
    brncoswthrt, I became an addict during the last Bachelorette, but I think I can boycott it. I didn't connect at all with Jesse on the very first night, and it should have been my clue to run fast to the FORT & skip the tv. I'm going to put that to the test for the next series.
    I didn't connect with Jesse either the lack of connection still continues to grow. :phhht
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

I really wonder how much recruiting ABC does anymore...it just seems that they contact agents to get their next crop of contestants, be they male or female. And I am still waiting to see the water polo applicants ABC advertised for last year during last year's bachelor recruiting drive.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Even though I did not actually see the stake go through her heart, we are assured Trish has finally left the building.

He has narrowed it down to Lawyer Barbie and Contractor Barbie. Don’t we all feel liberated?

Dad gives the now prophetic “pro sports is fickle” talk to dissuade any kind of NFL hanger-on types. (Julie would have failed this test badly.)

Dad pulls out “ye olde cliché” book as he announces “be true to yourself.” They hug and J&J leave with a thanks for everything. Mom declares her to be the total package. Dad says she’s immature.

Score at halftime 7 from mom, 6 from dad, as she fumbled the extra point for being a rookie.

Since Jesse had an opinion about that ring, of course Tara chooses it.

Tara has found the key to getting comfortable in front of the camera while kissing a man with whom she has no chemistry: Get drunk.

She has a sweet smile on her face and her attempt at curling her hair has gone terribly wrong, but I feel bad for her all the same.

She runs to the wall and pukes. Awesome.
    Great job guys
    I always love your collaborative efforts.
    This was a gem
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks, ladies!

Another hilarious recap, sher and eny! So-o-o much better than what we endured in watching the episode!

By the way, on a tangent, I went to the ABC website and saw that in the "Date Tracker" link, Jessica's photo now appears in the spot for "The One?" but they haven't removed the question mark! Hedging their bets, I guess.
    Wow. Eye of the tiger. Mouth of a Teamster!
    -Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast