+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738

Thread: 5/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Marlap59
    ...I think all the nerves and nausea Tara was going through was her inner voice that really knew it wasn't her (maybe Jesse WAS saying and doing inappropriate things, but she didn't FEEL it from him...
    I'm not sure what show you saw, but the (shown) kisses between Tara & Jesse were DEFINITELY more hot than the kisses between Jessica & Jesse. Jesse & Tara lingered a lot more, while Jessica's were tigher and more perfunctory, not as slow and intimate as those with Tara.

So okay, now in hindsight we know Jessica won. But based solely on the footage shown of Tara/Jesse, Tara sure had good reason to believe she'd be the final one.

And in response to the people who've posted that Tara was so nervous because she knew she was gonna be dumped on national TV, I say hogwash. For someone of Tara's nature, a dumping would not make you puke. If you knew of it ahead of time, you'd be sad or perturbed but you wouldn't be puking. The puking was a sure sign that she did NOT anticipate Jesse's dumping. She walked up to him that night with her maximum willingness level.

And then slap-in-the-face rejection as a result. But that's the nature of the game, right? I don't know about you guys but I'm a little turned off by season after season of hurting people. I think it's time for a more humane, respectful format for the contestants. Something like: they're allowed up to 10 episodes to pick their fiance, but the sooner they do it, the more extravagent the honeymoon... Then if the engagement fails, ABC is out nothing, but if the contestent did a good job picking their solemate, they get something.
    That way there'd be no mandatory stringing-people-along solely for the sake of the show schedule, but the star would have good reason to make an authentically good (not haphazard) choice of fiance'.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 05-24-2004 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Something like: they're allowed up to 10 episodes to pick their fiance, but the sooner they do it, the more extravagent the honeymoon... Then if the engagement fails, ABC is out nothing, but if the contestent did a good job picking their solemate, they get something.
    That way there'd be no mandatory stringing-people-along solely for the sake of the show schedule, but the star would have good reason to make an authentically good (not haphazard) choice of fiance'.
    How would that benefit the network?

Say you have a couple like Meredith and Ian that had immediate connection. They decide after show two that they want to be together forever and she picks him and they have dreams of having the extravagant honeymoon.

ABC would then have two episodes to show. Not good for ratings or bringing money into the network. Remember, they aren't into this out of the goodness of their hearts to bring soulmates together.

ABC are def not out there to make the world a better place and make everyone happy, they will go to any lengths to get tears and broken hearts and drama. Yea it makes them pretty awful people, but we watch adn the advertisers know we watch, so we're not innocent in all this either...jmo
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Regular
    I am happy the two seem so happy so far. I really can't wait until the FRC to see how they really click. I had no idea how Ian and Meredith clicked until then. ABC was good at editing it all out. Maybe we all will see how they really are then. Also they apparently are going to Europe with Jenny and her husband.
    Tara from what it seems is doing okay and is okay with Jesse and Jessica being an item. She got over it pretty quick which is saying alot but at the same time I wonder just how in love she was.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Something like: they're allowed up to 10 episodes to pick their fiance, but the sooner they do it, the more extravagent the honeymoon... Then if the engagement fails, ABC is out nothing, but if the contestent did a good job picking their solemate, they get something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    How would that benefit the network?
    I think the networks ratings would go back up to where they used to be before ABC turned the Bachelor show into a fraud. Increased viewership translates directly (and quickly) into an increase in the price the network can charge companies for advertising during the Bachelor show. Thus, increased viewership increases network profits.

+ Reply to Thread