+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article on Jessica from the OC Register

Hey cool! Not only is she from my hometown, she graduated from my alma mater! Seven years after I did, but still...

(for the Mater Dei Monarchs)

FORT Regular
    I loved this line:

"...the cattiest and most contrived installment to date."

Also, didn't this just sum it all up?

"I didn't sign up to be on 'The Trish Show,' and it really took away from the point of the show," she said.

"It never showed the romance developing, because people did fall in love on the show but no one can see that because the producers chose to highlight everything but," she said. "And that's too bad, because in the end when the couple gets together, people aren't going to buy it."

Jessica's parents have made it clear that they don't want her to get married now. It is interesting to see all the emphasis on Jessica going to law school when Jesse found the real attorney from Texas so creepy. Jesse rejected many older career women on the show.

If he picks Jessica he will not get the same type of pressure that Jen and Hell-ene put on Andrew and Aaron. Jesse was very laid back today during interviews and said that his pick has been very understanding and did not rant about his other dates. Andrew was very open about Jen giving him a hard time and a raking over the coals about his other dates. Jen also insisted on the immediate move-in with him and his roommate. Hell-ene ripped into Aaron at a disco in Canada for looking at other women. Aaron also said that she ripped into him about information she found posted on the internet about him and other women. Hell-ene was enough to drive any healthy male into the arms of a Playboy Ciber Bunny and her girlfriends in lingerie to party with Hefner at the Playboy Mansion.

Michelle Kwan is Da Queen amykaren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessed
    I loved this line:

"...the cattiest and most contrived installment to date."

Also, didn't this just sum it all up?

"I didn't sign up to be on 'The Trish Show,' and it really took away from the point of the show," she said.

"It never showed the romance developing, because people did fall in love on the show but no one can see that because the producers chose to highlight everything but," she said. "And that's too bad, because in the end when the couple gets together, people aren't going to buy it."

I think from the sounds of this article that he picks Jessica. It is all pointing to her. I would be shocked to see Tara picked, even though I am rooting for her.

Here is another article:
    http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/oc...month=5&day=20
    Thursday, May 20, 2004
    A rose but no ring
    Huntington's Jessica Bowlin gets plane ticket to New York from 'The Bachelor,' Jesse Palmer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By KATHERINE NGUYEN
    The Orange County Register

Huntington Beach law student Jessica Bowlin nabbed the final rose from handsome Jesse Palmer on Wednesday on ABC's reality show "The Bachelor" - but not a marriage proposal.

Palmer told a visibly nervous Bowlin that he had fallen in love with her and that his instinct told him that they were meant to spend the rest of their lives together.

Still, instead of giving Bowlin an engagement ring, Palmer presented her with a first-class, one-way plane ticket.

"I am not ready to propose to you yet," Palmer, 25, told Bowlin. "Come to New York and chase all your dreams, but do it with me."

Even though she didn't get the rock, Bowlin, 22, said it didn't matter. She and Palmer were in New York on Wednesday to watch the taped finale together.

"Honestly, it didn't matter that I didn't get a ring," Bowlin said after the show aired. "I just wanted him to reciprocate the feelings I have for him."

Bowlin said the fact that they didn't rush into an engagement shows they respect its sanctity.

PAST RATINGS
    Past ratings for 'The Bachelor/Bachelorette' finales
    • First season (Alex Michel): 18.2 million viewers
    • Second season (Aaron Buerge):
    25.9 million viewers
    • Third season (Trista Rehn):
    20.4 million viewers
    • Fourth season (Andrew Firestone):
    15.1 million viewers
    • Fifth season (Bob Guiney): 18.6 million viewers
    • Sixth season (Meredith Phillips):
    13.5 million viewers

"We're the youngest couple ever from 'The Bachelor' and we have all the time in the world to get engaged," she said.

Bowlin, a first-year law student, said she's already applied to a few schools in New York, where Palmer is a quarterback for the New York Giants. She has started apartment hunting there.

"Jesse and I are both Catholics and we don't believe in living together before marriage," Bowlin said.

Now that Bowlin and Palmer are officially together, the biggest question: "Is it going to last?"

So far, none of the couples from the previous four seasons of "The Bachelor" have stayed together. From "The Bachelorette," Meredith Phillips and Ian McKee remain engaged while Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter are the only couple to get married.

"We know that we're in love and that we're meant to be together," Bowlin said. "That's all that matters right now."

In Huntington Beach on Wednesday night, about 30 friends and family members gathered at Bowlin's home to watch the two-hour final episode - some avoiding news from the East Coast, where the show had already aired.

"It would have been easier than dealing with the suspense, but that would have defeated the purpose of watching it," said friend Jenny Frazer, 21, of Irvine.

Others couldn't resist.

"Some of us already know," mom Mary Lynn said with an excited smile.

Frazer and another friend, Gareit Lendzion, 23, of Newport Beach, spent most of the night with their butts glued inches away from the TV screen. They hushed everyone after each time the finale came back on after commercials, clung to each other anxiously and stomped their feet on the ground in sheer nervousness. Bowlin's younger brother Tyler, 15, shook his head and looked down awkwardly during the Jacuzzi scene where his bikini-clad sister locked lips with Palmer. "We’ve known Jessica for so long and we know everything about each other," said Frazer. "It’s been so frustrating not knowing about this huge part of her life for this long.

When Palmer finally told Bowlin that he wanted her to have the final rose, the entire party burst into raucous cheers and lots of excited hugs went around.

" Woo-hoo, yeeeeeah Jessica!"

"I knew it!"

" Yes! I won five dollars!"

Neighbors even came by to offer Mary Lynn Bowlin hearty congratulations.

" Oh, but they didn't get engaged," a smiling Mary Lynn Bowlin wailed. "He'd make a great son-in-law."

Turns out, the family had known all along.

"I've known for two months and I've had to keep it a secret all this time," said Mary Lynn Bowlin. "I feel like I deserve a ribbon or something."

Galpal Lendzion was still in disbelief.

"Wow, that's our Jessica. I just can't believe it!" she said dazedly.

Everyone said they couldn't wait to see Bowlin home and to meet Palmer.

"When he comes, he better bring his teammates," Frazer said, giggling.

HOW THE RELATIONSHIPS HAVE FARED

Bachelor 1
    Alex Michel and Amanda Marsh
    Finale: April 25, 2002
    Status: The couple's relationship quickly went sour after the finale, and Trista Rehn, runner-up and future Bachelorette, said Michel had admitted to her that he'd made a mistake.

Bachelor 2
    Aaron Buerge and Helene Eksterowicz
    Finale: Nov. 20, 2002
    Status: Buerge proposed to Eksterowicz on the last episode of the series, but the couple broke up just weeks later.

Bachelorette 1
    Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter
    Finale: Feb. 19, 2003
    Status: Rehn and Sutter became the first of the TV couples to remain together, getting married Dec. 6, 2003. ABC, which paid for the wedding, estimated it cost $3.77
    million.

Bachelor 3
    Andrew Firestone and Jen Schefft
    Finale: May 18, 2003
    Status: The couple announced their breakup Dec. 8, 2003, with Firestone saying, "We have come to realize that our future goals are different."

Bachelor 4
    Bob Guiney and Estella Gardinier
    Finale: Nov. 19, 2003
    Status: Guiney stopped short of proposing to Gardinier, instead giving her a promise ring. The couple ended their relationship shortly after Trista and Ryan's wedding.

Bachelorette 2
    Meredith Phillips and Ian McKee
    Finale: Feb. 25, 2004
    Status: McKee proposed marriage in the finale episode, and the couple remain engaged.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Great article. Thanks, Marley!

It's nice to see that Jessica's parents are happy with the outcome.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Interesting article, even after the fact.

In Huntington Beach on Wednesday night, about 30 friends and family members gathered at Bowlin's home to watch the two-hour final episode - some avoiding news from the East Coast, where the show had already aired.
    I thought EZD said they weren't having a get together because Jessica was in New York? Hmmmmmmmm...... :rolleyes

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Dan Bowlin quipped. "I mean, Jessica is absolutely terrified of flying; she has to get medicated to do so.
    This cracked me up. If so , what thrill to get a PLANE TICKET instead of a ring .

Bonehead

I thought the same thing too, Eny... she hates to fly, so instead of the diamond eternity ring, she gets a plane ticket...! I would have been thrilled too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast