+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article on Jessica from the OC Register

EZD
    The obvious assumption to cover all stories is that both girls will be of interest to talk shows and news programs thus it is only logical that they both be in NY in order to do the circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by EZD
    The obvious assumption to cover all stories is that both girls will be of interest to talk shows and news programs thus it is only logical that they both be in NY in order to do the circuit.
    I would completely agree with that.. which is why it's funny that Tara said she'll be in OK.

I wasn't meaning to communicate that I don't believe you... I do and have been pulling for Jessica. I just think it's odd that the knowledge that she's in NY is out. I remember in seasons past (and in Survivor seasons past) people trying to find out if there's been sightings of the *contestant* in NYC... it's been so secretive.

FORT Regular
    (It sounds to me like Jessica is really mature and sweet... and that Jesse really doesn't deserve her.)
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

Six Degrees... you should be a comedy writer!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I would completely agree with that.. which is why it's funny that Tara said she'll be in OK.

I wasn't meaning to communicate that I don't believe you... I do and have been pulling for Jessica. I just think it's odd that the knowledge that she's in NY is out. I remember in seasons past (and in Survivor seasons past) people trying to find out if there's been sightings of the *contestant* in NYC... it's been so secretive.
    Maybe they have "leaked" this information to try to create some interest in the show. Goodness knows now that they don't have Trish to create drama that they had to create it somewhere. I don't understand why they can't just let people be people.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine62923
    (It sounds to me like Jessica is really mature and sweet... and that Jesse really doesn't deserve her.)
    hear, hear Sunshine!
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    I can just picture the producers standing there hands on hips, all hot and bothered because Jessica's family isn't interesting enough

"Well, this is IT? I mean we need something to work with here...Mr. Bowlin, you said you just had surgery"

"Yes" [dad lying on the couch, taking an antibiotic and/or pain pill]

"Wait, wait, I have an idea, it was eye surgery, right? Could you, like, wear an eye patch? Like a pirate? It would look great on tv"

"No." [dad starts to toss the camera crew out and then realizes he no longer lives there and has no say in who stays or goes from the house]...
    Perfect!

This got me thinking about the scene with Tara's dad. After reading in several places how disenchanted the producers have been with Jesse, I can just imagine them setting up Dad's scene to scare the pants off Jesse with his big old guns. That would explain the glimmer in Dad's eye through the whole thing; he was probably stifling peals of laughter watching the ABC folks trying to keep a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    I've been resisting this all week, but now I'm convinced that Jessica got the final rose, otherwise she wouldn't think (now) that Jesse is "funny and articulate and cultured".

Did I miss the part about Jesse being articulate and cultured on the show or as they say "love is blind"?

Possibly it is the video tape editor and producers who are blind. Would we not all be in disbelief if ABC presented us a jock who is "amazingly" articulate? I would be stunned. It's not anything new, though. Reporters rarely interview the Yankees veteran pitching star Mike Mussina because they can't understand him. He is a Stanford grad with a major in economics. Jesse may have a similar capacity which we have not been permitted to see, because the networks all pander to the stereotypical behavior model they have conditioned us to expect. And, like Pavlov's dog, we're all eager enough to buy it.

Crystal Allen

Medicated does not equal travel

I also loved when dad says that she 'has to get medicated' to fly, and then says he thinks she should go to Europe and travel before settling down. That's a lot of medication. If she's so scared of flying, why does he want her to fly more?

I've also been wondering since that show, why did they slip Jesse a note? Are they still in middle school or was that their concession to maintaining a circus like atmosphere? Because couldn't they just tell Jesse to his face "It is very important for you to respect our daughter, grandaughter, and sister."

Did the camera crews have to wait around for eight hours to catch Jesse 'respecting her?'

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EZD
    Pair that with the fact that Jessica is currently in New York and... bingo.
    Oops, EZD . . . I think you let the cat out of the bag (not that we didn't already know Jessica would win . . . Enquirer and In Touch). Their chemistry is obvious and she seems strong enough to handle Jesse and whatever games he may play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast