+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Star Article - The Bachelor just gets Blonder and Blander

FORT Regular

Loved the article, thought it hit the nail on the head! I think she has joined a lot of us on the soapbox!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Um ... Vinay is a guy . I think his heritage is Indian as in from India.

FORT Regular
    OOPS! My apologies to HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    Somebody please explain. I'm feeling stupid today. Pavarotti has a lot of pillows? A featherbed?
    I didn't understand that comment either, so you're not alone, Pam!!
    My thoughts are that Pavarotti is very "padded" - so maybe they meant it as in being in bed with him?!?! (I dunno!)

That's a funny, and very apt, article. I've been totally bored by this season. I think it's because I find Jesse boring, and don't really care which blonde he ends up with.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Fantastic article! He's right on!

How true...this season is a snoozer

Hey I've got an idea. How about the people go on (somewhat) "normal" dates, that way the fantasy dates would be special. ALL of the dates on the show are fantasy dates.
    I love my hubby, but we never have a restaurant to ourselves, or an entire hotel ballroom, or Chinatown.....Anyway this installment is terribly boring. Jesse is boring, and I think Trish is boring.
    I can go to any bar in Seattle and find some self obsessed bit*h, who thinks she's better than me.
    I fail to see what people think is so "real" about Trish, she's playing it up for the cameras like any good fame whore would. She's just a little more outrageous (and full of .....)

As the writer said, Trish lives in the real world, and does make great reality t.v. For me, Trish made this the best season of the Bachelor yet, Jessica, Tara, and Jesse simply weren't very interesting, though I did like Tara's panic attack ( except for the sound editing of her vomiting, how fake ) and the anger when she was rejected. I think the show would be better with woman in their late 20's early 30's, that haven't had pageant perfect lives, bring on the love battle scarred, the trench warriors etc!

Crystal Allen

Ages of Bachelorettes

When there are older women on, they get attacked for being too old.

Remember the WTA from Blob's series when Chris invites Mary up to the 'hot seat' and says "Mary, the oldest Bachelorette ever" the same way you'd say "Grandma Moses did not start painting until she was in her 80's" as if getting on the Bachelor when you're that old is an accomplishment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast