+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Worse/Better?

What's Worse/Better?

Which would you think is worse?

Being given a ring, and presumably getting engaged... yet have it broken off for some reason,

OR

Not getting a ring, getting to know each other better, and either becoming engaged, or breaking up.

I would rather have the last one. Think about it, how would you feel? You were given a ring, yet nothing comes out of it, being that the entire show is a staged farce.
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

Tough call.

Ideally I would like the second situation better. But I would still have to deal with the fact that the entire premise of the show is to get a ring at the end and if it doesn't deliver.... how would that look?

The guy better have a really sincere, devoted explanation that he still wants to seriously get to know each other better.

Crystal Allen

If I were Jessica or Tara

I think I'd like to get the ring, since ABC already paid for it, and then sell it on Ebay and make a fortune to pay me for the time lost being involved in this series.

FORT Regular
    Meredith and Ian's situation. Oh wait, that wasn't an option...

I would go with the second choice.
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

First choice..im a romantic at heart. I'd hope for a committment.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I would go with the second choice.

on vacation
    I think it's unrealistic for people to get a ring after this show. The duration of it in real time is what? 2 months, or something like that? The pressure to ask the person to marry you is too much too soon.

If you ask me, romantic or not, it's putting the cart before the horse. You can't possibly know a person well enough. I know people have done it before but consider playing out your courtship on national TV, if that's not enough of a recipe for failure more times than not, I don't know what is.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If hopefully finding a relationship, and marriage from it..isnt the basis or idea of the show to begin with, then what is this show's purpose?? Strictly entertainment?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    I think it's unrealistic for people to get a ring after this show. The duration of it in real time is what? 2 months, or something like that? The pressure to ask the person to marry you is too much too soon.

If you ask me, romantic or not, it's putting the cart before the horse. You can't possibly know a person well enough. I know people have done it before but consider playing out your courtship on national TV, if that's not enough of a recipe for failure more times than not, I don't know what is.

Right on. If a bachelor proposes after sis weeks. I already know what that relationship is headed for. So it's all good. Why? People dont know how to wait for things to happen, which is why they end up failing.
    So if it means for them tog et engaged only to learn a valuable lesson. Go ahead.

It would have to be strictly entertainment. How many of the couples actually made it? I thought that Andrew and Jen's relationship had legs, but that fell apart too. Think about how logical it is to find your true love/soulmate/person to spend all of eternity together with, in a group of 25 people in the duration of 2 months? It is a small chance that the one you are supposed to be with is actually in that group. How realistic is it that Trista wanted to be with Alex, and then actually ended up marrying Ryan? Pure desperation? She had to convince herself that she wanted Alex, got her own show and chose Ryan? How can 25 people think that they are the one for that person, and only the other one gets to choose who actually gets to be with him/her?! It is pure entertainment, and no love is there at all. Just my opinion.
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast