+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Worse/Better?

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    First choice..im a romantic at heart. I'd hope for a committment.
    I agree! I'd like the ring with the understanding that the guy had the *intention* of getting married.
    "Clothes tell a story, and yours tell the story of a crazy, deranged kickboxer who still lives with his mother in Queens." -Carson

Quote Originally Posted by Triskellion
    I agree! I'd like the ring with the understanding that the guy had the *intention* of getting married.

I agree. Unlike the stunt Bob pulled -- and I'm sure the producers had to nudge him in that direction -- it would be nice if the ring were for real. At this point, option 2 would be worse because even fairly weak connections have ended with "will he propose? will she say 'yes'?" and have ALWAYS ended with a ring. So, let's say you are Tara or Jessica and Jesse suddenly doesn't give either of you a ring. That is rather horrible. If they could start the show over with a fresh slate, then option 2 is more realistic.
    Shaken, not stirred.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by martini
    If they could start the show over with a fresh slate, then option 2 is more realistic.
    They need to do two things:
    1. Give the couple more together time before the option of proposing comes up - maybe 2 or 3 additional one on one dates afterwards... (I don't know how they'd do that logistically, however...)
    2. Tighten up the time between the FRC and airtime of the FRC. Maybe have it only be a week lag time. I mean, seriously, if they have to do THAT much editing, then forget it completely. A week should be enough.
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    .........What would really be worse is being given a ring when the guy was just doing it for the cameras.
    Unless you were doing it for the cameras too!

I'm also the hopeless romantic and would like to see the relationships develop. In real life, we want the man and the woman together.
    However, this is entertainment and it's about making $$$$$. So, why not go on and get the ring ..... at least. You might even become a and make more $$$.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    I think if a genuine proposal can't be given at the end and they opt for #2, that just shows that they are taking the decision to propose seriously.

And I don't think that I would find this show any less interesting if I knew all along that there was a possibility of no ring at the end. In fact, it might add some drama to know that there was a chance he/she wouldn't offer a ring. Then, we would be debating more than who will be picked, but also what the outcome will be, just like in the Blob and Meredian seasons.

Just like Sunshine, I'd say ideally I'd chose the Ian and Merideth situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123