+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Worse/Better?

FORT Regular
    They really need to change the structure of the show.
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

Quote Originally Posted by Darling
    Which would you think is worse?

Being given a ring, and presumably getting engaged... yet have it broken off for some reason,

OR

Not getting a ring, getting to know each other better, and either becoming engaged, or breaking up.

I would rather have the last one. Think about it, how would you feel? You were given a ring, yet nothing comes out of it, being that the entire show is a staged farce.
    L O V E
    What is love? I have always thought that Love is a Choice.
    When you meet a new person, You make a sub-conscience choice to get to know them and a choice to let them get to know you. You make a choice to continue seeing that person or you choose not to see them.

In the truest sense of English words, I don't believe it when people say, " I fell out of love" or "I fell in love". However, I do believe "I choose not to love" or "I choose to love"

What will Jessie's choice be? Only he can choose and the last young lady standing will be given the option of reciprocating those feelings by sharing her choice with all of us Reality TV Junkies.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Fan
    There's no point to this show if the Bachelor/ette does not propose at the end. I know that realistically, the second option makes more sense, but this is not real life, it is TV. If you want to make sure that you made the right decision, why will you be on national TV professing that you are there to find your life partner. Blob's "promise ring" was a big hogwash, and should not have been allowed. These people are getting free airtime on TV, which will probably help their careers; in return, they should agree to propose at the end.

FORT Fan
    I think they should allow all 25 women to stay longer than a few hours, or invite a larger amount in the beginning and have more of a two day meet and greet instead of rushing through the first night. Then he can go on five 5-person dates over the next 5 days then cut to 15 and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darling
    Which would you think is worse?
    Being given a ring, and presumably getting engaged... yet have it broken off for some reason,
    OR
    Not getting a ring, getting to know each other better, and either becoming engaged, or breaking up.
    I don't think either one is better or worse, as long as the intention is pure. If, at the time of the rose ceremony, he really would like to get engaged then great. Then if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. That happens in real life all the time.

What would really be worse is being given a ring when the guy was just doing it for the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    If hopefully finding a relationship, and marriage from it..isn't the basis or idea of the show to begin with, then what is this show's purpose?? Strictly entertainment?
    The purpose of the show is to attract viewers and sell their attention to the advertisers. What I think you mean to ask is "What is the premise of the show?"

The premise, as I see it, is to match up a Bachelor(ette) with 25 suiters and through an intense dating period and elimination process see if a romance/love can blossom. Given that a 1 out of 7 record of success is pretty good because I don't believe Fliess and co. do their best to find compatible suiters. It doesn't seem that they find a Bachelor(ette) then look for 25 people to compliment him or her, they find 25 suiters that they think would make for good TV.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    There's no point to this show if the Bachelor/ette does not propose at the end. I know that realistically, the second option makes more sense, but this is not real life, it is TV. If you want to make sure that you made the right decision, why will you be on national TV professing that you are there to find your life partner. Blob's "promise ring" was a big hogwash, and should not have been allowed. These people are getting free airtime on TV, which will probably help their careers; in return, they should agree to propose at the end.
    Amen! I agree...no point to the show to go on there like they're looking for a life partner, then they break up in 6 months.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    I don't think either one is better or worse, as long as the intention is pure. If, at the time of the rose ceremony, he really would like to get engaged then great. Then if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. That happens in real life all the time.
    Nicely said Danger Bunny. As a viewer, I want to see the proposal. In "real" life, I'm a romantic and would want the proposal if it felt earnest and honest at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine62923
    Meredith and Ian's situation. Oh wait, that wasn't an option...

I would go with the second choice.
    I'll go with Option 3 too!!

I think I'd prefer situation number 2.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast