+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Next Bachelor/ette + RCM's RANT REVISITED

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    Heh, I was just thinking that if O's husband really dumps her, she can be the next Bachelorette.
    Bite your tongue!!!

She'd probably be one of the few people (Trish too) that I would NOT watch if they were picked.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

I'll second that! Maybe I am in the minority in this day and age, but I'm not entertained watching rude, unbalanced people make fools of themselves and others. It's boring and depressing.

I can't believe that with all the profiling tools available, they can't find 26 interesting, articulate, slightly attractive (this is TV, after all) people who are serious about wanting to find a spouse. And then set up the show so that they can get to know each other better (especially before the first cut - no more first impression cuts on night one!!), and so that we can get to know them better. How can we become emotionally invested in the show when we know that almost everything has been completely staged or manipulated?

Crystal Allen

Crapshoot?

So are we basically agreeing that the show is a crapshoot, that the likelihood is as good as not that the Principal will find a compatible mate from the 25?

Could the randomness reduced at all if we were certaing that all of the 25 were there to possibley find a mate, rather than to be on TV? Or is this just computer dating multiplied by 25?

Need someone crazy

I've suggested before that what they need is someone with really undesirable characteristics to put an entirely new kick into the show, someone that all the contestants immediately know that they should stay away from, but someone that draws them like a moth to a flame.

Instead of cheering for our favorite contestant to be selected, we would cheer for those lucky enough to be eliminated.

What kind of person do I mean? Someone like Michael Jackson--revolting but riviting at the same time. Trish would fit into this scheme, although I dare not risk the rath of RCM by formally suggesting her.

I'm sure you all could think up people to be the flame to the 25 moths.

I cant wait to see what happens when you get 25 guys signed up for The Bachelorette with the expectation that they're going to get some hoochie since they expect Trash to be the woman du jour.... and instead they find a prissy little daddy's girl.

Ahhh... show me all of the footage of the mens' house that you want, ABC!

Crystal Allen

How they choose contestants

Wasn't there something published a while back about how they choose the contestants? Something like a percentage based on requests made by the Principal as far as 'type' and a percentage based on producers' choices?

It is also interesting to consider the seasons where the contestants knew who the principal was [Trista and Blob--i think with Meredith they said many of those guys had already applied and don't recall any of them saying anything about liking her when they saw her on the prior series] and where they came in 'blind.' At the very least, both Aaron and Andrew wound up engaged, however briefly. As did Meredith.

FORT Fan
    .....or someone like Mickey Rourke or Johnny Depp who you KNOW is a bad boy, but you just can't help yourself.

EZD
    Meredith was chosen BEFORE Blob's season ever hit the air so there was absolutely no public component in her nomination. Don't you remember when Chris said that "they" were taken aback by how funny, classy, smart, blah blah blah Meredith was and decided to give her the opportunity to find the man of her dreams? I believe it was on the first episode.

FORT Fan
    Are we anticipating their announcement of the next Bachelor on tomorrow night's finale? or on the After the Rose show?

Quote Originally Posted by gillio
    .....or someone like Mickey Rourke or Johnny Depp who you KNOW is a bad boy, but you just can't help yourself.
    or Boston Rob from survivor - although he's taken for now.....

K

+ Reply to Thread