+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Bachelor/ette + RCM's RANT REVISITED

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    (My head has just barely finished healing from splitting in two when Merideth was announced! )
    I know that's not a popular view amongst the Hammock set , but I agree. I was floored when they picked Meredith . The only one I liked that happening to was Trista , and only because it was the first time. I was excited about Blob, but after hearing how he had to be railroaded into it , and then him giving Estella the dump after setting eyes on the soap queen , well I said NO MORE. If you aren't good enough to be picked first time , then forget the leftovers. Casting crew , trust your judgement the first time.

I simply would have a hard time watching Trish pretend to be human and give out roses without checking the wallets for platinum Visa's FIRST.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I'm neutral on this subject but what I would like to see recycled or not, is a person with the maturity and mindset to take this thing to the cleaners. Too much horn-dogging and cheap soap opera tactics going on. I see nothing wrong with candidates that perhaps have even been married before (except BLOB'esque types that are looking for fame and only fame) and are looking for that second chance.

This show is getting long in the tooth-all past contestants seem to end up dating each other somehow or another anyways-why bother doing a show about one of them again when they can just look up each other's phone numbers in their date books?
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    RCM, when you see the "unknown" guy were going to be given on the next FLOM, then tell me you would still prefer someone we've never seen before.
    I agree with you, zeus! He just seems to be SO yukkkkkk!! :phhht
    I could be wrong though... maybe he'll be nice

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I agree with you, zeus! He just seems to be SO yukkkkkk!! :phhht
    I could be wrong though... maybe he'll be nice
    Perhaps he will be nice, but don't you think NBC would want to portray him at his best in order to attract viewers. Why shoot yourslef in the foot immediately? It makes no sense, but then they did give us "average joe. "

I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks... it starts June 7th!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    RCM, when you see the "unknown" guy were going to be given on the next FLOM, then tell me you would still prefer someone we've never seen before.
    Sorry for the off-topic question, but where is the info on the new guy?

Thanks!

No info on the new guy is posted at nbc.com yet... but here's the location of the page: http://www.nbc.com/nbc/For_Love_or_Money_3/index.shtml

Just his pic is up there. If you go to the home page, however, you can get a peek of the new summer schedule. They have a video preview.

Most of us are getting our opinions on the new guy from the extended commercial that we've seen on tv.

He looks like the second guy that played Nicholas on General Hospital.

Ha! Ok, thank you for the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    Mandy--Likable, but who wants to see a guy play 'connect the moles' on a fantasy date?
    Oh my, you kill me. Poor Mandy Jaye!

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla
    I would enjoy, for a change, seeing a Bachelor or Bachelorette who is simply an average person searching for someone special to share their lives with, and not people using the TV exposure for their own personal reasons. They wouldn’t necessarily have to be a hunk, wealthy, sexy or beautiful, just an average person, articulate and with a pleasant personality. I feel the show would really be interesting, and attract a larger audience. Perhaps then we would finally see a solid long lasting relationship developing from the experience. Most people believe it is easy to find true love among a group of twenty-five suitors, and the fact of the matter is; it is not. Even though the show’s format calls for one person being chosen in the end, it is possible no one in the group is the one special person that will make the Bachelor or Bachelorette completely happy, in a long term relationship. There is a difference between choosing the most preferable one, among the twenty-five, and choosing the one whom you have truly fallen in love with, if you’re lucky enough to find this person in a TV show.
    I agree with you completely. Middle America would like to see more people they can identify with, instead of people who can get any one they want at any time.

+ Reply to Thread