+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Bachelor/ette + RCM's RANT REVISITED

Quote Originally Posted by gillio
    Just think of all the naughty inuendos we could have about his equipment and his reponse time. Oh, did I say that?
    mmmm I'm thinking this show might get interesting.......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

to RCM!!!

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    RCM, when you see the "unknown" guy were going to be given on the next FLOM, then tell me you would still prefer someone we've never seen before.
    The only installment of FLOM I ever watched was the very ending of Erin choosing Chad. (Nice to know they're still together, but only a so-so installment, IMHO.) Rob seemed like a complete dud, but at least he didn't have a previous history on my tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    the reason they choose losers is because they known we like them for certain. They already come with a fanbase all on their own. People saw them get their hearts smashed on national tv and they like these people.
    Bob started out with a fanbase, but at the end of his run as the Bachelor, everyone pretty much hated him. I was happy for Trista, but after the gluttonous, nauseating, over-the-top
    pink wedding,
    I wanted her GONE! Merideth was dull, dull dull. (Did I mention she was dull?) She might have been looking for true love and found it, but her admitting that she had to 'fake it' with the other guys because the producers made her and her telling Matthew she wanted a ring and then choosing Ian destroyed all of my respect for her. Side note: Most of the people I talked with at the WTA show absloutely HATED the Merideth installment and found her totally borrrring!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    And I'm sorry but if you will continue to find little things wrong with everyone (ie Mandy adn the moles, Mattew and him not spazzy enough, KJ and make- up) They will NEVER find someone that is prefect. Everyone comes with their baggage,
    That's the whole point. I've already seen their baggage and seeing more of it is just plain tiring and old. They've put themselves under the microscope once already, to reveal any more details usually causes the fanbase to either dwindle (Merideth) or disappear altogether. (Bob & Trista) I'm not asking for a non-baggage person, I just want to see NEW baggage hanging on a NEW body.

How many girls and guys that try out for this show have it in the back of their minds that if they aren't the last one standing, they might get their own show on the rebound? How many are faking and lying to advance as far as they can just in the hopes of getting their own show? That's why recycling doesn't work. Not only do we already have producers contriving at every level, we'll also have contriving and scheming participants working their thing too. If they stop recycling, they discourage those with ulterior motives to not apply.

(scene in the limo, #3 or #4 girl has just been booted and is talking to the producer, "My heart is broken! I thought I was in love! I know I'll find love one day, um, can I be the next bachelorette to find him?)

***snap! snap!*** Oh, Waiter! New baggage, please!
    Last edited by realitycrazmom; 05-18-2004 at 03:39 AM.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

on vacation
    I can live with that RCM. Also on a Tina Fabulous note, there was a picture of her with Andrew Firestone in last week's People Magazine. He was in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin for some race and since she lives in Oconomowoc which isn't real far away, he invited her. It said something to the effect of "I thought it would be a shame to miss the opportunity to see her."

He also said, "There is absolutely zero chance of any romance."

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Back to the no former losers show that you were previously watching.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

I just don't see ABC NOT recycling their Bachelors/Bachelorettes. Fleiss & Co are way past the point where they will risk a season of Bach/Bachelorette on someone who they have no solid feedback.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I'm with you realitycrazmom!

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion
    I would enjoy, for a change, seeing a Bachelor or Bachelorette who is simply an average person searching for someone special to share their lives with, and not people using the TV exposure for their own personal reasons. They wouldn’t necessarily have to be a hunk, wealthy, sexy or beautiful, just an average person, articulate and with a pleasant personality. I feel the show would really be interesting, and attract a larger audience. Perhaps then we would finally see a solid long lasting relationship developing from the experience. Most people believe it is easy to find true love among a group of twenty-five suitors, and the fact of the matter is; it is not. Even though the show’s format calls for one person being chosen in the end, it is possible no one in the group is the one special person that will make the Bachelor or Bachelorette completely happy, in a long term relationship. There is a difference between choosing the most preferable one, among the twenty-five, and choosing the one whom you have truly fallen in love with, if you’re lucky enough to find this person in a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    The only installment of FLOM I ever watched was the very ending of Erin choosing Chad. (Nice to know they're still together, but only a so-so installment, IMHO.) Rob seemed like a complete dud, but at least he didn't have a previous history on my tv.

Bob started out with a fanbase, but at the end of his run as the Bachelor, everyone pretty much hated him. I was happy for Trista, but after the gluttonous, nauseating, over-the-top
    pink wedding,
    I wanted her GONE! Merideth was dull, dull dull. (Did I mention she was dull?) She might have been looking for true love and found it, but her admitting that she had to 'fake it' with the other guys because the producers made her and her telling Matthew she wanted a ring and then choosing Ian destroyed all of my respect for her. Side note: Most of the people I talked with at the WTA show absloutely HATED the Merideth installment and found her totally borrrring!

That's the whole point. I've already seen their baggage and seeing more of it is just plain tiring and old. They've put themselves under the microscope once already, to reveal any more details usually causes the fanbase to either dwindle (Merideth) or disappear altogether. (Bob & Trista) I'm not asking for a non-baggage person, I just want to see NEW baggage hanging on a NEW body.

How many girls and guys that try out for this show have it in the back of their minds that if they aren't the last one standing, they might get their own show on the rebound? How many are faking and lying to advance as far as they can just in the hopes of getting their own show? That's why recycling doesn't work. Not only do we already have producers contriving at every level, we'll also have contriving and scheming participants working their thing too. If they stop recycling, they discourage those with ulterior motives to not apply.

(scene in the limo, #3 or #4 girl has just been booted and is talking to the producer, "My heart is broken! I thought I was in love! I know I'll find love one day, um, can I be the next bachelorette to find him?)

***snap! snap!*** Oh, Waiter! New baggage, please!

I'm not with you, RCM. I was reserving judgment in my earlier post, suggesting that I would be interested in your reaction to the lack-of-baggage guy arriving next month in NBC's FLOM. I've seen the previews and already wish for evil Rob Campos to reappear. I'm a bit tired of developing a dislike for people I don't know. That said, I appreciate the thought that somewhere out in viewer land are at least 30 people who ought to be new, refreshing or otherwise interesting who could entertain us all for a few nights. It's not too much to ask.

For me, though, one of the allures of Survivor All Stars was to see familiar faces and personalities in an environment where different facets of their personalities emerged by necessity. I think it must be possible, with some creativity, to evolve known reality TV characters into a new role.

E Entertainment is reporting that Fleiss is considering Trish for the next Bachelorette. Certainly he will carefully consider the audience demographics. She would likely attract more men in the prime market age. There would also likely be audience losses, but my guess is that many who now say they would not watch Trish would tune in anyone to watch the wished-for train wreck. Personally, I think they could do better with either someone new or someone from a previous show with a respectable Q. :nono

Hopefully Trish will show up at the Mark Burnett affair in NY on Thursday, and I can discover for myself if it's a TV personna or the real thing. Omarosa is attending, so seeing the two evil ones together for the first time could be revealing (at least for me).

Heh, I was just thinking that if O's husband really dumps her, she can be the next Bachelorette.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    Heh, I was just thinking that if O's husband really dumps her, she can be the next Bachelorette.

Miss Thing, you are simply evil! Talk about a train wreck...

+ Reply to Thread