+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has the Bachelor "Jumped the Shark" ?

FORT Newbie

Has the Bachelor "Jumped the Shark" ?

Little behind on all the shannigans of last week's Bachelor. Was on a business trip all of last week so, had to rely on TivO to record the show. First of all the WTA was a joke. It was all about Trish - what a shocker ! she clearly is the most interesting part of the show. The last remaining women are as interesting as watching paint peel. It's funny how many people complain about her but, notice they can't stop talking about her.

Then watching the last eppy (which I swore I wouldn't) was a train wreck.
    Obviously, they need to take these extreme measure to over compensate on a boring bachelor and equally boring bachelorettes.

The show has officially "jumped the shark"

I agree that the bachelorettes must have been more than boring for the whole show to be about Trish. If they had something interesting to show us about something/someone they would have.

The keg stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Rsound
    The show has officially "jumped the shark"

Does this mean Ted McGinley is going to be the next Bachelor???

eny
    FORT Fogey
    As funny as that is , I think he's gay , not to mention being an old fart. ( Born same year as me ) Still, he could replace Chris.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I've seen this phrase everywhere. What does it mean to jump the shark? There is a thread in AI about it, Survivor, and a mention of it in The Sopranos thread. Where did it come from?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    I've seen this phrase everywhere. What does it mean to jump the shark? There is a thread in AI about it, Survivor, and a mention of it in The Sopranos thread. Where did it come from?
    http://www.jumptheshark.com/

A defining moment when you know that your favourite television program has reached its peak

Crystal Allen

When a show 'loses it'

The reference is to a pop culture book called "Jumping The Shark" and it references the 70's show "Happy Days" in an episode where Fonzie [played by Henry Winkler] entered a contest wherein he'd have to waterski and literally jump over a shark that was in the ocean but contained in a netted off area. It was generally accepted that this event was when the show went from a syrupy pop-culture take on the 50's to a show that had to use desparation and gimmicks to keep a no longer interested audience.

The book outlines numerous tv shows and when they "Jumped the Shark," such as when the Facts of Life girls graduated from Eastland or when Laverne and Shirley moved from Milwaukee to Hollywood.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    http://www.jumptheshark.com/

From when Fonzie jumped the shark on his motorcycle. A good show that now is beyond fixing because the writers etc. don't care.
    Last edited by eny; 05-17-2004 at 02:45 PM.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Yes. For me it jumped when bob had his tongue down like the third girl's throat way back when.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I'd say that Trish marks the show jumping the shark because the show was no longer about the Bachelor. Blob's excessive kissing (which has been eclipsed by Jesse) was only a decline in quality... this show takes the cake.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast