+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has the Bachelor "Jumped the Shark" ?

FORT Fan
    Jumping the shark is not a bad thing. At least, it keeps the audience involved. Drop Trish from this Bachelor series, and there is nothing else going on. The characters don't have any spark or spunk, the conversations are mindless with no material content ("How do you feel?", "I feed good", etc.), we already know the plot in and out (same thing repeats every week), robo-Chris is boring, and we have seen enough "airhead" gals and "sex-starved" guys. This whole reality TV is begining to wear out. I'd much rather watch a 24 or OC. Even dry reruns of the old "show about nothing" (Seinfeld), which we've seen 15 million times already, has more entertainment value.

For the little bit we saw of her, I thought Karen was hysterically funny. So, again, it's not that there was nothing to see - we just weren't shown any of the good stuff.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    Jumping the shark is not a bad thing. At least, it keeps the audience involved. Drop Trish from this Bachelor series, and there is nothing else going on. The characters don't have any spark or spunk, the conversations are mindless with no material content ("How do you feel?", "I feed good", etc.), we already know the plot in and out (same thing repeats every week), robo-Chris is boring, and we have seen enough "airhead" gals and "sex-starved" guys. This whole reality TV is begining to wear out. I'd much rather watch a 24 or OC. Even dry reruns of the old "show about nothing" (Seinfeld), which we've seen 15 million times already, has more entertainment value.
    The show definitely needs a new twist. Maybe have the Bachelor live in the same house as the women. Or, what about two bachelors, and the women can only get a rose from one of the men? SOMETHING!

If they edited the show this time to foil screencap analyzers like us, that was dumb. All it did was make the show more boring. After all, on the Bachelorette, despite all our excellent lapel analysis, most viewers expected her to pick Matthew. So, the producers got to surprise the (much larger) viewing audience, even if they didn't fool the Internet "fanatics" (a group in which I proudly include myself).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123