+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chemistry

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar

Chemistry

I've been thinking this over, and I really think the thing MOST missing from this season is CHEMISTRY.

Even though the girls (and guy) this season are dopey...I don't think that's really the main problem. I think the reason most of us tune in is to see people falling for eachother and to see the chemistry that develops between them. Look at the fervor that STILL exists with a lot of us over the chemistry between Meredith and Ian (and alternately Meredith and Matt). That is the stuff we love to watch.

And, it just seems to me that in this show, there is really no chemistry...between Jesse and ANY of the girls. (except maybe, unfortunately, Trish.) Sure, all the dates are staged to be super romantic, there's kissing, etc., but it just looks really false to me. There is something missing here and it makes the show kind of boring (and even depressing) to watch.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Yes, I feel the same way, he only had the hots for Trish and her acting job of resident HO made it impossible for him to keep her.

I also hope her doesn't propose and make this more of a farce than it already is.

Crystal Allen

Yes

Yes, you're right.

The only rationale for this being "The Trish Show" [and even though I like her, watching that sort of thing is not why I have always watched the Bachelor/ette.] is that there was no love story developing.

It would be horribly sad if there really was a love story developing but When Pageant Girls Attack [Trish] made for better ratings so we saw that instead.

The thing that's sad is that by all indicators, Jesse is at least somewhat intelligent [double major] cultured [wine collection--how many NFL players have a wine collection] nice [keeps friends from college, friendly with teamates] and even though he's not a star, still talented enough to have made it to the NFL which is true of a tiny tiny minority of guys that play college ball. He's also cute. The initial girls were interesting and seemingly intelligent, and embodied a range of looks, so what happened?

I totally agree ... it's just weird. It looked like he weeded out the more interesting girls in the beginning. Or maybe the casting was just bad. Who knows. I just don't understand how there can be this little actual chemistry.
    I loved the moments with ryan/trista, meredith/matt and even (gasp) ian...because it seemed like there was some genuine chemistry. This show is just so lacking in that, and all the "romantic" dates they plan make it even more obvious that there is no real spark going on.

Crystal Allen

Jesse's Interpersonal Skills

This has been mentioned a lot, and it seems true, but it begs the question how it happened?

Jesse in no way seemed shallow or like he wanted a bimbo. Whether you love or hate Trish, it speaks volumes that he kept saying he wanted to make his own decision about her, rather than just follow what the other girls and the Mole said about her. He has also said [whether or not it's true] that he did the show so that he could meet somebody that did not know what he did for a living [Firestone had a variation on that, he wanted somebody not after his $$$] so he was looking for a woman that is not shallow. Even as a third stringer [soon to be non-stringer] he could easily have gotten women.

A sad possibility is that a guy like Jesse has never had problems getting women to approach him, so maybe over time he has not developed dating skills. This sounds simplistic, but to even get to the NFL, he has to have been a major star in high school and college. As such, he would have been treated like a special celebrity his entire life. He probably knew very little of rejection or how to approach women or keep them once they'd come to him. His 'waking up next to strangers' comment was obviously not taken well by the girls. He may have made similar innapropriate remarks as well.

So maybe the girls that stuck around were just the ones that did not lose interest, or thought of this as more a game then finding love.

I agree, Charlie9. I thought I saw some glimpses of chemistry between Jesse and Jessica B at the beginning of the show (that first group date), as well as sparks with Susie, but she's gone, so what do I know? There hasn't been much else shown.

The focus of the show has been on Trish--and then all the other girls. It's sort of a letdown that here we are at the end, and I don't have too much of an opinion of who he picks, because I don't feel I know anything about the relationships.

I think it's a combination of editing AND personalities. In the past few minutes I've been thinking back to all the episodes since Andrew and compared them to Jesse's episode. Andrew, Bob, Meredith.... their episodes showed intimate conversations and discussions they had in getting to know one another. In Jesse's episode, I swear I cannot remember any of his one-on-one's with the ladies where it's anything more than hot tubs or kissing, and even in the conversations Fleiss let's us listen to, there's nothing more than Jesse talking to Jenny or Jesse talking to Tara trying to get her to open up. Waaaaaaaay too much editing is on the floor *IF* there even is anything of substance.

The only hope I'm hanging on to is the last episode since Jenny and Trish are gone (other than a limited Jenny scene). I hope they give us at least this one episode with some substance!

Good points guys.

It seemed to me like Jesse cut a lot of the most interesting and intelligent girls in the first and second rounds this time. Maybe ditzy is his thing. I think in general two rather dim people are less able to generate visible chemistry and witty banter, so maybe that's part of the problem. Also, I think this season has had some really bad casting of a lot of very young girls with less life experience.

Crystal Allen

Jesse's Age

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    Also, I think this season has had some really bad casting of a lot of very young girls with less life experience.
    This is a good point about the girls' age, but with Jesse being only 25, they could not realistically get girls who were in their late 20's/early 30's as they could with the 32 year old Blob or Alex, unless Jesse really goes for much older women, which even if he did could not create a 'made for tv couple' that ABC would want. Both Trish and Karen were 28, and this seems to be the oldest they went. They may also have asked Jesse how much older of a woman he'd date.

I agree, I don't see any glimpse of chemistry between Jesse and either of the final two.
    I also think that eventualy Trish would have tired of him if he had chosen her.

The show can create situations like this because of the different backgrounds people come from and the types of lives they lead.

I think you're more likely to meet someone you're compatible with going about your everyday life than on a show like this.

Thank heavens for Trish I say or this would have been another dud of a season.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast