+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Chemistry

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    I agree - NO CHEMISTRY, except with Trish who everyone dissed so badly he felt he had to let her go to save face. You know, I think that is too bad. She may have been good for him and he for her, but he relied too much on other's opinions. There doesn't seem to be anyone else that struck his fancy. Whoever he chooses will be the consolation prize and a matter of who he LIKES more. It is obvious there is no LOVE involved.

  2. #12
    FORT Fan monique_46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    391
    Then again, in an interview with Jessica posted today on another thread, she said her ditsy moments (probably with the other ladies) is all that was shown, that her real personality wasn't shown. My point is pointing toward the editing and why we are all complaining.

  3. #13
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixeeb
    I agree, Charlie9. I thought I saw some glimpses of chemistry between Jesse and Jessica B at the beginning of the show (that first group date), as well as sparks with Susie, but she's gone, so what do I know? There hasn't been much else shown.

    The focus of the show has been on Trish--and then all the other girls. It's sort of a letdown that here we are at the end, and I don't have too much of an opinion of who he picks, because I don't feel I know anything about the relationships.
    I *thought* I saw sparks between Jesse and Susie, too...but she's gone. I think he let some of the better ones go, in my opinion.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  4. #14
    Big Electric Cat jasmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    A sad possibility is that a guy like Jesse has never had problems getting women to approach him, so maybe over time he has not developed dating skills. This sounds simplistic, but to even get to the NFL, he has to have been a major star in high school and college. As such, he would have been treated like a special celebrity his entire life. He probably knew very little of rejection or how to approach women or keep them once they'd come to him. His 'waking up next to strangers' comment was obviously not taken well by the girls. He may have made similar innapropriate remarks as well.
    That could really be true. He's been so inconsistent, I've been completely confused. The only conclusion I'd been able to come to is that he's immature in some way, but I couldn't put a finger on it. I think you may have.

    My gut instinct is that he's basically a nice guy who seems slightly more likely than average to put his foot in his mouth. I think there is a quote from Tara somewhere around here where she says something like, "Jesse doesn't have much of a filter on his mouth." Honestly, we all have the same kinds of thoughts about people and situations he has; most of us just keep them to ourselves (and hopefully don't act on them).

    How does that make him different from Trish? I think he is open to criticism and desires to grow, based in part by the kind of friends he has. Trish makes mistakes but seems to cling to them stubbornly, trying to convince herself that it was no big deal, because questioning her judgment would be too threatening to a sadly fragile self-esteem.

    So to bring this back on topic, the chemistry he felt with her initially wore off as he began to see the inconsistencies in her personality. (ETA, IMO)

  5. #15
    Crystal Allen
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    520

    Chemistry Possibility

    He may have eliminated girls with whom he had it, or they may have eliminated themselves either directly as Kristi did [and Mandy and Ann-Catherine are purported to have done] or indirectly by merely not bothering on group dates or at the pre-rose ceremony parties.

    He may just not know how to deal with women that don't come after him, or may even assume that if a woman does not pursue him crazily, she is not going to be interested in him. The other thing about male athletes, particularly football players is that they are accustomed to spending a lot of time around other men, not with mixed groups [as a swimmer or tennis player might.]

  6. #16
    FORT Fan monique_46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    He may just not know how to deal with women that don't come after him, or may even assume that if a woman does not pursue him crazily, she is not going to be interested in him.]
    Very good point, IMO!

  7. #17
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7

    This series is doomed...

    Seriously, I think this whole series is doomed. Not because of the lack of fan support. More due to ABC's stupid manipulation as the series evolves.

    THe whole reason people tune in is to witness two people fall for each other. Sounds corny, I know. But even with all the talks about "this is reality Tv, not reality." still that is what people wnat to see. "Love is possible. Even on national TV. On TV set no less".

    ABC completly ruins thistime around by putting Trish up front and manipyulate the situation srrounding her. Unless ABC want it that way, how possibly could she re-emerge like that during one-on-one date?

    ABC might think any notoriety is good for reality TV show. If so, they are putting themselves in doomed position.

    No matter how many trick they use, when people stop seeing real love or emotion from guy and girls, people will tune out.

    I can think of one more Bachlorette and sayonara for the whole series. I am not sure nachlorette-to-be can save this show herslef alone.

    Doomed.

  8. #18
    Crystal Allen
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    520

    Exactly

    Quote Originally Posted by jsong
    Seriously, I think this whole series is doomed. Not because of the lack of fan support. More due to ABC's stupid manipulation as the series evolves.

    THe whole reason people tune in is to witness two people fall for each other. Sounds corny, I know. But even with all the talks about "this is reality Tv, not reality." still that is what people wnat to see. "Love is possible. Even on national TV. On TV set no less".

    ABC completly ruins thistime around by putting Trish up front and manipyulate the situation srrounding her. Unless ABC want it that way, how possibly could she re-emerge like that during one-on-one date?

    ABC might think any notoriety is good for reality TV show. If so, they are putting themselves in doomed position.

    No matter how many trick they use, when people stop seeing real love or emotion from guy and girls, people will tune out.

    I can think of one more Bachlorette and sayonara for the whole series. I am not sure nachlorette-to-be can save this show herslef alone.

    Doomed.
    The obvious manipulation cheapened the show in a big way. It's like when any character on tv or stage addresses the audience, it breaks the 'fourth wall' and reminds us that it's a TV show. I really want to get lost in the fantasy, I don't want the reminder.

    Since he had to pick somebody at the end, i'm sure they could have easily given us 48 minutes/week of footage that would have made us like or care who he did pick. Remember back to Trista and Amanda, the audience really did get pulled in to it.

    On Trista's season, Greg said afterwards that they never liked each other but that the producers wanted him to stay. Fine, because we did not know it at the time, we could not tell, as we couldn't with Meredith/Ian/Matthew. We want to believe in this fairy tale, and ABC has let us down.

  9. #19
    Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,027


    Totally agree with the two preceding posts (and all the rest, actually!) 100 percent.

    Taking the formula of total manipulation to unrealistic and ridiculous extents is NOT what draws viewers. We want to see something at least a LITTLE real amidst the fantasy.

    Did anyone else think, for example, the date with the marching band was just ridiculous? All that fanfare and still no chemistry...it just made it more obvious to me that the show was reaching ridiculous heights of contrivance.

  10. #20
    Bachelor Addict berries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie9


    Did anyone else think, for example, the date with the marching band was just ridiculous? All that fanfare and still no chemistry...it just made it more obvious to me that the show was reaching ridiculous heights of contrivance.
    I didn't like that date either...! Especially when Jesse said it was "DOPE"!! I almost turned my tv off right then & there!
    The whole thing about the band forming a heart around them... they were sitting on the ground - so how could they see what it looked like?! It seemed a little too "highschool"!
    Then when Jessica said it had been the best date she'd ever been on, I thought, "Poor girl - you've had a pretty boring life!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.