+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Does Ring Shopping Work?

Crystal Allen

How Does Ring Shopping Work?

Does anyone with inside knowledge of this show know how the ring shopping/purchasing actually happens?

As I recall, on previous seasons, each girl went to the jewelers and chose a ring she liked, and then afterwards, the Bachelor goes ring shopping. Clearly, the cameras can't show the salesperson telling him who liked what ring, but he must know at that point to whom he's going to propose. I could not figure out the point of a girl choosing a ring, only to possibly be presented with a different one, the one the man himself picked out. Even if he were told which girl picked which ring, wouldn't it give it away during the show if the audience saw it and could match up the ring he was looking at with the girl that had picked that one. Additionally, if Aaron and Andrew each paid for the ring themselves, how was that done?

On this series, if the two are together during the shopping, how does Jesse get the ring? Does he tell the producers who his pick is, and they go and get the appropriate one?

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    Does anyone with inside knowledge of this show know how the ring shopping/purchasing actually happens?

As I recall, on previous seasons, each girl went to the jewelers and chose a ring she liked, and then afterwards, the Bachelor goes ring shopping. Clearly, the cameras can't show the salesperson telling him who liked what ring, but he must know at that point to whom he's going to propose. I could not figure out the point of a girl choosing a ring, only to possibly be presented with a different one, the one the man himself picked out. Even if he were told which girl picked which ring, wouldn't it give it away during the show if the audience saw it and could match up the ring he was looking at with the girl that had picked that one. Additionally, if Aaron and Andrew each paid for the ring themselves, how was that done?

On this series, if the two are together during the shopping, how does Jesse get the ring? Does he tell the producers who his pick is, and they go and get the appropriate one?
    Wow - Great Thoughts!

No answers from me, but a question.

With your deductive thinking and reasoning.........who will Jesse pick?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The other seasons were pretty lame as far as the Rings. Each of the women went and picked their choice, and the guys went out and made the final purchase , usually opposite to what the women had picked. In no case did they get their choice. In the womens case , it was just a huge commercial for Harry Winstons , then for whoever the Taccori dealer was that the Mer/Ian season got the ring from.

The men all took the rings with them out of the store. It showed Aaron actually writing the check for his ring , and Andrew being ever the Firestone , took a look at the rings , and kind of pronounced them puny. They brought him a tray of big rocks , of which he picked one. I don't remember them showing him paying, even though he probably had to fork over the extra cash.

The women never got their choices before. I don't know how they will handle it this time. It looked like he had an emerald cut stone in the ring he was holding.

I'm just wondering what's up with ABC having Jesse and each blonde ring shop together? I just don't think it's a nice thing to do........ considering one goes home.........
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl
    I'm just wondering what's up with ABC having Jesse and each blonde ring shop together? I just don't think it's a nice thing to do........ considering one goes home.........
    I totally agree. I think it really puts the loser in a real hole as far as getting even more emotionally involved. But, in ABC's mind, if it makes someone a blubbering idiot, it's worth putting the woman through additional emotional trauma...better film to doctor to their specifications.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Crystal Allen

Shopping Together

I originally thought this was a rotten idea, as Jesse would have by then already made his choice, and it would seem cruel to shop with a girl for a ring he knows he'll never present to her.

However, it does seem a better alternative than having a girl choose her preferred ring only to receive a different one. I guess the only adjustment they'd have to make is to ensure that the cameras show Jesse looking at the ring, but not show which ring he's looking at.

Maybe this was just all about product placement and having three separate visits to the jewelers gave triple the amount of times the producers could say the name of the diamond distributor.

FORT Fanatic
    I wish they'd ditch the whole ring shopping thing. Receiving a ring on this show has come to mean absolutely nothing.

Besides... an engagement ring is a gift from the man to the woman he loves and wishes to marry. Personally, I'd want it to be the man's choice of what ring he chooses to give.

Even if he were told which girl picked which ring, wouldn't it give it away during the show if the audience saw it and could match up the ring he was looking at with the girl that had picked that one.

I imagine that they will not show the girl's clear cut favorite. I bet they will probably do some master editing (imagine that!) and make it look like the girl really likes one ring when in fact there is another she likes a lot better.

Maybe ABC got some compaints (from the women...) - ie - "Why take us to the jewellers to pick out a ring & then the bachelor offers us a different one..." :phhht
    Just a thought... but then that would imply that ABC respected the feelings of the girls, so that can't be right!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Maybe this was just all about product placement and having three separate visits to the jewelers gave triple the amount of times the producers could say the name of the diamond distributor.
    Bingo !!

It's not bad enough that we have to watch two, now three ? Still the Taccori rings from the last show are worth more than the plain rocks from Harry Winston, so maybe they were forced to cough up more ad time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast