+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Does Ring Shopping Work?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought Ian said part of the reason he gave the ring to Mer was because she wanted it, and he would have to give it back if he didn't give it to her that night. (pressure to propose by ABC)

Sorry for the double post, but I just read in USA Today, the 3.6 C , $75,000 ring is back in the producers hands per Jesse.

FORT Fanatic

Bachelor May Be Dumped

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Sorry for the double post, but I just read in USA Today, the 3.6 C , $75,000 ring is back in the producers hands per Jesse.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-168849c.html

'Bachelor' may be dumped

Palmer too pricey as third-stringer

By RALPH VACCHIANO
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Jesse Palmer is better known as a reality TV star than as the Giants' backup quarterback, a job he might not have for long if Kurt Warner comes to Meadowlands.

The Bachelor gave out his final rose to Jessica on Wednesday night. But when the Giants give out their final roses, there might not be one for him.

That's the real reality for Jesse (The Bachelor) Palmer, the Giants' quarterback-turned-reality TV star whose days in New York may be numbered. With Eli Manning on board and Kurt Warner coming soon, there's only room for one more quarterback on the roster. And the competition for that spot gets more crowded every day.

Palmer already was stuck competing against promising rookie Jared Lorenzen and NFL Europe star Ryan Van Dyke for the third-string quarterback job. Then yesterday, the Giants were awarded ex-Falcons quarterback Kurt Kittner off waivers, putting four quarterbacks in competition for one spot.

Add in the fact that the 25-year-old Palmer is scheduled to make $627,689 this season - much more than Kittner ($380,000) and Lorenzen and Van Dyke ($230,000 each) - and it's possible he won't even make it to training camp. He could even be released when Warner signs in early June.

"That kind of just plays itself out," Palmer said yesterday. "I think if you start worrying about all that stuff you psyche yourself out. I just want to come out here every day, play the best I can and let everything take care of itself."

Palmer, who made three starts for the injured Kerry Collins last year, said he remains "very confident" he'll make it to camp with the Giants, and that they'll find a role for him somewhere.

"In the end of the day, you just kind of go out and play and let that kind of happen," he said. "This is what I love to do and I'm glad I'm here."

As for his other love, Palmer said he's still "together" and "very happy" with Jessica, the 21-year-old law student from California who accepted his final rose.

She flew in to watch "The Bachelor" finale with him at his Hoboken apartment Wednesday night - only the second time they've seen each other since the ABC series wrapped on March 7.

And no, they're not engaged - Palmer even had to return the $70,000 engagement ring ABC bought for them - though there is still one more episode, "After the Final Rose," to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...r-finale_x.htm

I am betting that Jessica suddenly gets that ring next on After the Rose... since Jesse is starting to look poor... 75,000 ring is a little pricey of a bauble to have to pay for himself...

I never have priced Tacori before...I will say this... $75,000 is a little high for only 3 1/2 carats... its a gorgeous ring... but dang!

It sure is! There are places you can buy a home for that amount!

FORT Newbie

No ring means...

Case in point - Jesse didn't offer Jessica a ring now, Jesse will not offer a ring later - it doesn't work that way.

Another question to ponder, totally off this subject....regarding the order and "coincidence" of girls getting out of the limo. The girls that have lead parts in the show enter first, or last. Same with Bachelorette...

Matthew - first
    Ian - last

Jessica - first
    Trish - last

ABC edits the entrances just as much as the order of who gets called for a rose when. It's so staged!

Back to my main point - Jesse didn't offer Jessica a ring now, Jesse will not offer a ring later.

My opinion, take it or toss it out with the Trish. Trash.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I wish they'd ditch the whole ring shopping thing. Receiving a ring on this show has come to mean absolutely nothing.

Besides... an engagement ring is a gift from the man to the woman he loves and wishes to marry. Personally, I'd want it to be the man's choice of what ring he chooses to give.
    I COMPLETELY AGREE with BOTH those statements. (And just want to again say that the airplane ticket was damn lame too.)

As far as ring shopping goes, that is a totally selfish concept and I would be happy if that was not a part of this show. The ring is a token of love and should be the man's choice if it's to have any meaning. How cheap and selfish is it when people pick out their own Christmas presents? I think it should be a surprise. The fact that a woman wants to be picky about an extremely expensive piece of jewelry that a man gives her as a love token... that's just shameful. Any woman who insists on picking out a love token doesn't deserve one at all. I think that kind of woman MISSES the point of the ring entirely.

Where's the love?

Couples mutually deciding on carpet, linoleum, cars, etc... that's one thing. But having to get approval on a gift of love? That's gross and empty.

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-168849c.html
    'Bachelor' may be dumped
    By RALPH VACCHIANO
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    ...She flew in to watch "The Bachelor" finale with him at his Hoboken apartment Wednesday night - only the second time they've seen each other since the ABC series wrapped on March 7...

Omigosh, she ALREADY used her "symbolic" airplane ticket?! How ever will she get back home???!!! (sarcasm)

Plane ticket = dumb empty consumable gift.

(Although I guess it's a decent enough gift for a casual "dating" show, which Bachelor has become.)

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I COMPLETELY AGREE with BOTH those statements. (And just want to again say that the airplane ticket was damn lame too.)

As far as ring shopping goes, that is a totally selfish concept and I would be happy if that was not a part of this show. The ring is a token of love and should be the man's choice if it's to have any meaning. How cheap and selfish is it when people pick out their own Christmas presents? I think it should be a surprise. The fact that a woman wants to be picky about an extremely expensive piece of jewelry that a man gives her as a love token... that's just shameful. Any woman who insists on picking out a love token doesn't deserve one at all. I think that kind of woman MISSES the point of the ring entirely.

Where's the love?

Couples mutually deciding on carpet, linoleum, cars, etc... that's one thing. But having to get approval on a gift of love? That's gross and empty.

Exactly one of the reasons why Jesse did NOT propose. When he's ready, he'll choose a ring for Jessica!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123