+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Does Ring Shopping Work?

Crystal Allen

Where do Jesse and the Girls go?

Do you know where they go shopping this time?

Also, are they donating the rings in exchange for product placement, or does ABC pay for them when the Bachelor [Aaron/Andrew] does not?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I finally remembered where they went last time
    [IMG]images/img/leons05.jpg[/IMG]
    Leons in Beverly Hills

They are just a distributer for Taccori, but I know that Trista had her wedding rings made by Taccori as well. For whaever reason , the relationship between ABC and Winston's fizzled , maybe directly because of Trista - who knows?

ABC picks up the tab for the ring or maybe it is a direct trade , so as we said at the time it was StOOpid for Aaron to. Andrew I can see, because he wanted an upgrade.

25,000 or even 75,000 is cheap cheap advertising

[QUOTE=eny]The other seasons were pretty lame as far as the Rings. Each of the women went and picked their choice, and the guys went out and made the final purchase , usually opposite to what the women had picked. In no case did they get their choice. In the womens case , it was just a huge commercial for Harry Winstons , then for whoever the Taccori dealer was that the Mer/Ian season got the ring from.

The men all took the rings with them out of the store. It showed Aaron actually writing the check for his ring , and Andrew being ever the Firestone , took a look at the rings , and kind of pronounced them puny. They brought him a tray of big rocks , of which he picked one. I don't remember them showing him paying, even though he probably had to fork over the extra cash.

On the E show about this series they said Andrew paid $80,000 for the ring, too bad he couldn't have put half that into getting them their own apartment.

I wonder if we'll be able to tell who he picked when they're ring shopping (assuming, we all get back online and look at the screencaps of the ring at the rose ceremony, but I know EVERYONE doesn't do that.)

The Ring....

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read on here (or maybe another board) that he still has it in his possession, in a safe place, right ?. Here's my other question....The other night my husband and I watched the finale together. When they showed the ring shopping going on, he asked me who paid for it, Jesse P or the producers of the show ?. I wonder if he paid for it himself. Come on, we know how much pro football players make these days. It isn't like he couldn't afford to pay for it himself, right ?.

Quote Originally Posted by jengage
    someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read on here (or maybe another board) that he still has it in his possession, in a safe place, right ?. Here's my other question....The other night my husband and I watched the finale together. When they showed the ring shopping going on, he asked me who paid for it, Jesse P or the producers of the show ?. I wonder if he paid for it himself. Come on, we know how much pro football players make these days. It isn't like he couldn't afford to pay for it himself, right ?.
    True, but I had read other places that ABC paid the bill, just as they did for Ryan's, Blob's, Ian's and I think Alex. I know that Aaron and Andrew paid for theirs.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by jengage

I thought that the ring thing was as follows: ABC buys the ring (unless the wonderfully valiant and rich man offers to pay for it himself. It would appear that this makes the relationship more legit- mmmhmmmm).
    If they don't get married within a year they have to either return the ring or buy it.

Ooh, I didn't know about the having to return the ring clause.

Quite right too. Big obnoxious pink weddings have to be paid for somehow.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    I'm not sure what happened with the ring in this series. Perhaps it will be addressed in the After the Final Rose. In the firs tseries, I remember them saying that if Alex did not propose to Amanda within a time period (I think a year) the ring would be returned. Some Bachelors bought the ring themselves (Aaron, Andrew). It did not appear that Jesse did purchase the ring himself. Personally, I think that was a good move for a couple reasons.
    He wasn't ready to propose. I think it "weirded' him out that Jesse and Tara both liked the same ring.

Here's my ring theory: Jesse and Jessica both view engagement as a very special, almost sacred, step. Therefore, I think when they reach the point in their relationship that Jesse IS ready to propose, they will go ring shopping again. (Ring shopping on the Bachelor made them feel uncomfortable - knowing that Jesse was ring shopping with another girl also). Because of that, I think they'll make a special occasion out of going ring shopping for a ring to celebrate "their" engagement. Jesse will want to give Jessica a ring that has absolutely NO connections to the Bachelor show.

I'd agree with everything you just said, baxpup. Why even bother with this ring, when he can (for the moment) afford to get her something nice which they both like and isn't 'tainted'?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast