+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did Trish meet Jesse's family?

FORT Newbie

When did Trish meet Jesse's family?

Since ABC decided to focus this season more on Trish than on Jesse's quest for a woman, I would like to know when Trish met Jesse's family?

During the time Trish was still "officially" in the game, there was an interview she gave in which she stated that she had met Jesse's parents - that she liked them and thought they were so nice, etc. Of course, I just assumed that there was a wrap party after the taping of the show, and that Trish must have met them there. However, since the focus of the show has been on her even after she no longer was given a rose, I am beginning to wonder what actually brought about the meeting with his parents. She crashed Mandy's date in Washington, DC. Are we now going to see her crash a home visit at Jesse's family home? Will she walk in on Tara or Jessica's visit to Jesse's parents or will Jesse and one of the two girls walk into his parents house and find them sitting there with Trish? Unless she was lying, Trish met them somehow, and I shudder to think it is during the visits Jessica and Tara make to meet his family.

I wish the show could get back to its original objective, and choose someone as the Bachelor who is actually ready and willing to commit to a woman chosen at the end of the process. It has really made a farce of the show that the relationships have not lasted. I think both Bachelorettes so far have been women who were mature enough and really ready to make a commitment - wish the guys could be as well!! I guess I'm a sucker for a good love story - I want to see a guy or girl (doesn't have to be an NFL jock or a millionaire) find LOVE with one of the contestants. I didn't watch this series to see "The Trish Show."

I have to say (although I've slept since the beginning of the show, and that sometimes entails a brain dump on my part), that I have no recollection at all of such an article. It seems like something that would stay with me, but if I ever read it, it's toally gone now.

Do you recall where you saw it?

My bet would be that Jesse's parents are gracious and polite to anyone involved in the show that they meet.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Newbie
    Hi - New user here, so If I post in the wrong spot, please let me know.

I've been a lurker for a while now on this site (among others) and I remember someone posting that they were a friend of Jesse's mom who said that Jesse ended up picking Trish. Obviously that would lead me to believe that the poster was incorrect..... however -could this be a twist in the story?

I know that they have featured Trish more than anyone else - and she had the rare opportunity to be on TWTA even before she was officially 'off' the show - due to the stalking - and once again they talk about her attending the ATFR. Also, they made it pretty hard to get to know any of the other girls. Why would they do that - unless there is a reason? They have a vested interest in letting us get to know the heroine. Also - maybe this is why Tara ends up puking.

What do you think? Is this too off the wall?

I do remember the interview, she didn't say much about the circumtances, in fact I beleive she just said something to the effect of him having a great family. There has been many interviews in the past with prior "contestants", where they were instructed by ABC to say certain things to throw people off. I imagine that is probably what happened with that interview. She seems to have WAY too much pride to further humiliate herself. Then again..you never know. ABC has taken a sleazy turn this season, so there is no telling.

Crystal Allen

Jesse's Family

Didn't Jesse say something before the last RC how he would never introduce somebody to his family without having serious intentions? Jesse's family seems very important to him, so if Trish knows anything about them, isn't it possible she just referred to them from what she heard Jesse said? For instance if he talked about how close they were, or something particularly special his mom had done for him, or if he had his brother had vacationed together, then Trish might be just saying what Jesse's told her about them.

Saying he has a great family doesn't necessarily mean she met them.

Quote Originally Posted by Debster
    Also - maybe this is why Tara ends up puking.

What do you think? Is this too off the wall?
    I hope that is a preview of Tara puking on her way out the door without a ring with forgive me for what I'm about to do being her exit line to Jesse before hurling.

Maybe Jesse's mom met some of the women like Bob's mom did but this was just edited out of the show. I haven't seen Trish at Jesse's viewing parties which would be against the rules.

EZD
    "Forgive me for what I'm about to do" was a voice over of Jenny on her way to reveal herself to the girls

The editing can be manipulative to throw the audience off. I thought having Jenny there was a smart idea at first but she seems to be having to much influence on the final group. It's not a good idea to marry a woman because Jenny likes her for a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    The editing can be manipulative to throw the audience off. I thought having Jenny there was a smart idea at first but she seems to be having to much influence on the final group. It's not a good idea to marry a woman because Jenny likes her for a girlfriend.
    Well, we don't know any of these people, really. So, we don't know how important it is to Jesse that his friends also like his choice. While he did say to Trish that the most important thing to him is that he and his wife love each other, he has also stressed quite a bit how important his family is to him. Since we know he's known Jenny and her husband for years, and lived with the husband for years, also - it may well be that he regards them as family. All I'm saying is that we aren't in a position to know much about how seriously he takes her input.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast