+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article about Jesse in this week's SI

Well it's not that bad, he's is just a typical guy and all guys do that. Exactly why he needs a witchy girl to help keep him in hand.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    I'd find it hard to believe that other participants (either past or present) didn't have some little inside way of communicating with the 'outside world'. Sort of like Carol Burnett tugging on her ear, that type of thing. I'd hardly call her a pompus jerk, but then, I don't know either of them .
    Carol Burnett tugging her ear was her trademark sign off, it's not really the same thing.

All I'm saying is that if he was giving subtle hand signals or anything else to his friends or as Maxima stated to tell his friends how far he got, that's kind of low. He was supposedly there to find a mate, and I'm pretty sure that football players could behave that way in a bar with football groupies after a game. Why'd he have to do it here? (If he did.)
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Carol Burnett's tugging on the ear was, in fact, a signal to someone at home in her family, specifically, her children. It is the same thing.

All I'm saying is that we seem to be all ready to assume the worst here, based on absolutely nothing.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Newbie
    [SIZE=3]Palmer was intrigued. "I saw it as a great life experience," he says, "and 25 hot girls didn't hurt."

Doesn't seem that Jesse was interested in finding a wife. Perhaps his interest in Jessica (& in the first episode the med student, Christy) besides her beauty, intelligence, warmth because she's a law student & therefore, wouldn't be ready for marriage at this time. She wouldn't pressure Jesse to settle down the way that other women already in professional careers would. And he's obviously not ready to settle down!

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    And this is why the "Trish Show" was a good idea, in ABC's mind. As much as many here (myself included) would like to see less staged antics, misleading editing and more romance, it's not going to happen. ABC will continue to tweak the recipe but they aren't going to reverse direction if the current direction is working.

I agree - they will now go out and try to find a skank or two to be part of the mix. I'm sure there will be more moles in the future, also. More date interruptions, etc.

I personally like a good romance and apparently America did too. Ratings used to be high and then it seemed no one stayed together, so ABC had to come up with another formula. This one worked for them.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Ok football fans , you catch any signals?

Chris tells Jesse it's time and asks Jesse how he is doing. Jesse says, "I was just enjoying the cookies." As he get's up from where the girls are sitting.

When I first heard it, it was like - typical male talk - inconsiderate - pompous-

Now it makes sense - but it doesn't make it right.

[QUOTE=kraziladi]Chris tells Jesse it's time and asks Jesse how he is doing. Jesse says, "I was just enjoying the cookies." As he get's up from where the girls are sitting.

I remember hearing the cookies comment and thinking "how nice". :rolleyes

I also remember with the Jesse H. girl that "creeped him out" - when they were walking out of the room, he kind of did a "cut" motion across his neck - was that another signal for the guys? Or just the cameraman?

I think these are just signs of immaturity & not taking the process seriously...

[QUOTE=IAgirl]
    Quote Originally Posted by kraziladi

I also remember with the Jesse H. girl that "creeped him out" - when they were walking out of the room, he kind of did a "cut" motion across his neck - was that another signal for the guys? Or just the cameraman?...
    That's the only signal that he's admitted to in interviews. He openly stated that was his way of communicating with the guys back home that he wasn't going to pick Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by obsessed
    Palmer hadn't even seen the show when his agent, Peter Schaffer, called last September to gauge his interest.
    Heh, I don't buy that for a MINUTE when he's running around saying "journey," "amazing," and "connection" in every other sentence!

True Bachelor nature... it's obvious they keep hiring the cue-card guy season after season!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    Carol Burnett's tugging on the ear was, in fact, a signal to someone at home in her family, specifically, her children.
    Actually, Carol Burnett tugged her ears at the end of every show in order to signal to her GRANDMOTHER, not her children.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12