+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were Jesse, who would you pick: Tara or Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Butterflygirl-- I'm just going on the fact she almost started to cry about the whole "other woman" deal, Tara would have probably punched him And also she already sent away for applications to a new law school. Dunno but in a relationship someone always has to sacrifice something, so far it's Jessica for Jesse. And Jesse for Tara constantly making sure " Do you like me? Am I hot enough for you? Tell me how you feel! I'm insecure!"
    Since Tara is a Construction Worker she does not have to start thinking about her immediate future plans as fast as Jessica does - JMO. I do not think that shows a sign of weakness, especially since she pulled the fantasy date off without a hitch. Like Jesse said, he NEVER thought about any of the other girls the rest of the night - or something to that effect. Tara is just very guarded and does not open up - it seems, anyway, and I feel like he is trying to get her to tell him something, like he said, tell me something because you may possibly be going to meet my parents. I don't think he was insecure - just like their first date, she said she was not going to kiss him and so on. You know all of that. I think he likes Tara a lot. But he did not tell her that he is falling in love with someone else??? All of it is getting confusing but I was just pointing out that Jessica has to look out for herself and applying to schools does not mean she is a weak person. And I sure hope Tara would not punch someone for being honest with her about being in love with two people because that is to be expected on this show. Seems like it happens almost every show.

Dunno but I think any girl would be pissed off but good if Jesse said that to her and not two seconds later pulled out a "dome" card. And Jessica acted like she lucky he considered her for it. I guess they're personalities are just my interpretation, but I def see it.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I actually find him a bit tough to read. Jessica sending away for applications might be overly aggressive, to him - after all, he found Jessica H overly aggressive. On the other hand, he sent away women who weren't aggressive enough. He's nothing, if not inconsistent. On the law school front, what if she does transfer to NYC just as he gets traded elsewhere (or released on waivers and starts trying out all over the country). I had a hard time discerning if his response to her announcement that she'd already sent away for applications was one of being taken aback by pleasure, or being given pause that she might be dangerous, and might dog him around, so to speak.

Also, on the intimacy stuff - there's nobody (besides Trish) that he was more kissy face with than Susie, and that didn't get her very far (well, in terms of being picked by him to stick around). So, I'm not sure we can look at that as a good yardstick, either.

To be honest, I like both girls, so I'll be ok with whatever his choice is (as if my being ok with it makes a difference, lol). But he's not easy, based on what he's said and what we've been shown) to read. At least not for me.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Dunno but I think any girl would be pissed off but good if Jesse said that to her and not two seconds later pulled out a "dome" card. And Jessica acted like she lucky he considered her for it. I guess they're personalities are just my interpretation, but I def see it.
    I agree with you - this whole thing has been totally hard to read. We will know soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    But I'd also be a little worried of her crazy redneck Dad, who shoots an AK-47 (?) with laughter and says things like "all boys are dogs" (or something of that nature).
    It was an M16. And I don't think her Dad's as much of a nut-bar as it looks like. Granted he's been burned and has a lot of bagage, but Jesse's mistake in handling him was not asking Tara, "Can he take as good as he gets?" when she said he would give him a hard time. Some guys just like given other people a hard time, it's entertaining for them -- we have a word for these kind of people, it starts with an "a" and ends with what a donut has in the middle but that doesn't make him dangerous.

FORT Fan
    Amani Toomer's (Jesse's Giants teammate) choice is Tara:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3...helor/toomer/4

FORT Newbie
    I disagree completely with Alanna's assessment of their personalities, but, who knows which is right!

I would pick Jessica.
    I like her looks better, she is intelligent, ambitious, and would have a career of her own, and would not insist on Jesse being with her 100% of the time, which is impossible for a athlete.

Tara, well, I have nothing bad to say about her, I just can't see her as Jesse's wife.
    And wouldn't any man think twice about her crazy father? By the way, just where is her mother?
    Somehow, I can see Tara as never getting married.
    Her father probably scares off everyone she dates! LOL

Jessica B

Neither girl appears to me to be particularly needy or willing to give up her goals for her man (and I'm not making a judgement on that one way or another). Both seem level-headed and independent -- so I don't see it as Jesse choosing between a woman who will stay home and fawn over him and one who will be out kicking butt in her own career.

That said, I completely favor Jessica over Tara. I think Jessica is great -- funny, smart, articulate -- and will be fine whatever happens. Tara continues to give me the catty-girl vibe, and if I were a guy I'd be so annoyed at her prissiness I'd have given her the boot long ago. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    I actually find him a bit tough to read. Jessica sending away for applications might be overly aggressive, to him - after all, he found Jessica H overly aggressive. On the other hand, he sent away women who weren't aggressive enough. He's nothing, if not inconsistent. On the law school front, what if she does transfer to NYC just as he gets traded elsewhere (or released on waivers and starts trying out all over the country). I had a hard time discerning if his response to her announcement that she'd already sent away for applications was one of being taken aback by pleasure, or being given pause that she might be dangerous, and might dog him around, so to speak.

To me it sounded like he was almost childishly excited. After his "you DID?" Jessica said that she was going to continue law school and he said either "yes, I want you to" or "yes, you should." But it definitely sounded like a happy reaction.

+ Reply to Thread