+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the next Bachelor ?

Bama and Maxima you both rock! I agree with what you said about Matthew. I'm sure he'll find someone nice but please not on tv.!

I'm going over to the hammock for a while, be back later.......smile

Don't they usually announce the new person right after this season is done?
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

I think Matthew went to the Final Show wanting answers - he had every right to want answers after being told "he was the one she wanted a ring from in the end". I am sorry - I will probaby not be everyone's favorite out there but I am not a Meredith fan for her lies to Matthew. She had NO right to lead him on and he had every right to ask the questions he did. SHE NEVER GAVE HIM A REAL ANSWER SO THAT HE COULD MOVE ON - Was I the only one that saw how heartbroken he was???? He was not out of line and I thought he was very mature about it. He is a true gentleman and I have nothing against Ian, if she wants Ian, I am very happy for the two of them. But as far as the next bachelor, Matthew would be a great bachelor. He would treat the ladies with respect and if that would bore people and the ratings would go down then that is SAD!!! Personally, I am sick of these nasty bachelors making out with 5 girls one after another - it makes me sick!!! Literally!!! It is degrading to the girls and to the world we live in. I could be wrong but I do not feel like Matthew would treat women like that - I think he would be respectful - if that is a BAD thing then maybe he needs to stay on his own. He is gorgeous - he came down to the final two - so if some people find him unattractive, then you did not see what Mer saw in him. Also do not forget ABC editing - how much did we really get to know Matthew - he might be more than any of us really know - I would definitely put him above any of the previous and present bachelors - we need someone with class and he would be AWESOME! It will never happen because I am sure he has been approached and turned it down since they are scouring the country as we speak for someone and still have no one. If it was Matthew, they would not be looking for someone. Personally, I think he is too good for the show and should find someone on his own - he does not need to be on a show to find a girl - he can find someone on his own - and maybe he has!!!!

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxima
    It's surprising that there is such a small brain inside that BIG head. Evolution is still working its way through him. Not to mention those weird cheekbones and orbital ridges. Totally Neanderthal...

P.S. I think you are the BEST, Bama.

*Off to snoop the Net to find more MeredIan stuff...*
    Maxima....I was talking about your brain, wit and looks...and I meant it in a complimentary way. too funny
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl
    But as far as the next bachelor, Matthew would be a great bachelor.
    Call me a hopeless romantic, but I just want Matthew to find a nice girl to ride the tire swing with at his parent's house. Matthew would get my vote. Hey, can we vote somewhere? Someone had to vote for Bob, where do you do that?

You nominate them on ABC's website but you have to have all of their personal information - I don't have it to nominate him!!!!

adm
    Making Matthew the Bachelor will expose him to looking like a hypocrite (when he leads 2 or more women on). However, ABC knows that he has a big following. My bet is that ABC wants him, and it's up to him (and his agent) as to whether it happens. If he does it I'll watch, to see how he handles the not-being-totally-honest-with-both-finalists part. And to get a few sneak peeks at those abs.

Hasn't ABC been revealing who its next Bachelor/ette will be before the FRC of the current season? Are they taking the summer off?

I think Matt's appeal to some women is that they think they can take him for granted, based on how he was portrayed on the show. I am being very blunt here. This reminds me of the Bob phenonmenon. Women saw a funny fat guy cracking jokes and doing a crazy dance number, and they automatically assumed that he had a good heart and everything they wanted to believe, and conveniently forgot he was a one-time loser already. We all know how that turned out..
    Last edited by eny; 05-12-2004 at 02:54 PM.

FORT Newbie
    I personally liked Matt. I would like to see Gwen (from the Aaorn/Helene season) be a bachelorette...........or maybe just fix Matt and Gwen up......

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Offending remarks removed . Gentle reminder from our site FAQ . I can see this thread getting out of hand, and no I'm not reliving the Matt is a saint free for all, any more than I'm reliving Clay is god or Yolanda sucks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FoRT FAQ
    We do not allow flaming, baiting, or insults of other members of our site. We enforce this rule strictly.
    Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are open for criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.

You don't have to agree with another member's opnion, but you DO have to respect it, and realize that it IS just an opinion, which may differ greatly from your own.

Along the same lines, comments like "you must be deaf if you don't hear what I hear", "anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot", and so on are not acceptable. Practice the golden rule, and treat others like you would want to be treated.

Our contestant threads are NOT specifically for "only good comments" regarding that contestant. They are for discussion of that contestant, both good and bad. We are not a fan-site for any one contestant, or any one show.

Members who are flaming, baiting, or insulting other members will be removed from the site. And a special note here: if you ARE a contestant on a reality show, and you choose to visit our site, then you will be required to obey these same rules, and not insult our members for commenting on the characters on a TV show. We expect everyone to play nice.
    Last edited by eny; 05-12-2004 at 03:01 PM.

Once again - Go Matthew - for all the Matthew fans out there!!!! Gwen WOULD be a great match for him!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread