+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lamest. Season. Ever.

FORT Regular

The Lamest. Season. Ever.

We won't hear Robo announcing this in a promo, but this seems to be the general consensus on board at FORT here, and of all the seasons to date (including SmarmyAlex), it's the only one where I have literally fast forwarded my tape, and not just to zap the commercials.

This season is LAME. I hope Fleiss and company are reading these posts and really, truly listening. LAME! They're playing up the same old stereotypes for drama, the classic good girl versus bad girl thing, the flamboyant 'ho who everyone hates, the studly jock who we all know will ditch the last girl standing as fast as he can get demoted to third string quarterback, the pageant queens from hell, the idiocy.

Please, just once, give us a show that's real, that has substance, that has a Meridian ending or something like it, and please oh please stop making them say the word "connection."

Less Robo screen time was a step in the right direction... but we FORT fans need more.
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Blob followed by Mer were the lamest. Then Jesse's up there though. I could hardly stand to even watch those seasons , and wouldn't if John hadn't held a (cyber) gun to my head for the recaps. Thank goodness for Sher to get me through them.
    At least this season they tried to fix some stuff. The spy was great. How long would Kristen have lasted with Andrew for example with a spy in the house.
    All they need to do to fix it , is to fix the casting . No more media whores promoted by their "agents" . But then I guess we wouldn't have had Ryan since he and Jesse share an agent. Just pick people who are genuine in their desire to find someone.

I agree that some of the fixes were good...a mole really does liven things up (but then, normal people would supposedly benefit from what the mole told them). I would really like a season that actually showed a relationship developing with not so many editing tricks, surprise rose ceremonies (hopefully that was a 1 and done), and "I agree" media hungry wannabes. Unless Fleiss & Co comes up with a serious, successful Bachelor next time, I don't think ABC will be exercising all their options on this show.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I agree this season is really lame :phhht . I could careless who Jesse picks because there is no magic between any of them. I wish they would go back to picking normal (or rather start)people for the bachelors and bachlorettes. The women this time seem to be there only for camera time and "not for the right reasons" (whatever that means). I really enjoyed the Aaron season because Helene and Brooke and even Gwen truly seemed to be involved. And I really like Meredith and Ian. I probably would have liked Trista and Ryan more if she wasn't such a media whore. Just my opinion :rolleyes

I have to agree...but I don't think it is Jesse's fault. I think they should have called this the Trish show, never giving us any time with any of the other women! They may have played down the romance to lure guys in 'cause of Jesse profession....but it backfired on them. Lets pick a normal guy the next time...no retreads, no sport stars, etc. Feel sorry for the last 3 women, because they all seem really nice, just a victim of really BAD editing and a Camera Hog (not her fault if she was a plant by ABC).

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    This is the worst season ever - and I have to put the blame on Jesse. He just wasn't someone I cared about. There was just too much information out there that revealed what kind of guy he is: an immature, ego-swelled, professional athelete. ABC realized that too late & did what they could to salvage the situation.

Rule #1: GIVE US SOMEONE TO CARE ABOUT!!

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    This is the worst season ever. I couldn't stand Bob but I enjoyed his show way more than this one. Aaron's season was the best followed closely by Meredith's (how dare you eny!).

I hate that there are no previews to analyze....that part is a lot of fun - not because of the spoilers but just to see if you are right every week.

I hate the scripted drama - the appeal of the bachelor for me is that it's a reality show. Sure, I know that they prod people into saying stuff sometimes...but they've never had someone to barge in on a fantasy date, and you know she couldn't have done it without help...and she would have never done it if they hadn't asked her to. Are they trying to make this into a soap opera or what?
    I'm not interested in what Trash is going to do next...I just think she (and the show) is stupid. If she is the bachelorette I won't watch a single episode...and I haven't missed a one since Aaron's season started.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    This is the worst season ever. I couldn't stand Bob but I enjoyed his show way more than this one. Aaron's season was the best followed closely by Meredith's (how dare you eny!).

I hate that there are no previews to analyze....that part is a lot of fun - not because of the spoilers but just to see if you are right every week.

I hate the scripted drama - the appeal of the bachelor for me is that it's a reality show. Sure, I know that they prod people into saying stuff sometimes...but they've never had someone to barge in on a fantasy date, and you know she couldn't have done it without help...and she would have never done it if they hadn't asked her to. Are they trying to make this into a soap opera or what?
    I agree Bama. It's almost like the producers think we are idiots to be manipulated into believing that this is reality! I thought nothing could beat the lameness of The Littlest Groom or Average Joe, but this show has taken things to a whole new level!

Quote Originally Posted by realtvrocks
    I agree Bama. It's almost like the producers think we are idiots to be manipulated into believing that this is reality! I thought nothing could beat the lameness of The Littlest Groom or Average Joe, but this show has taken things to a whole new level!
    They really have ruined it this season. It's like they decided to take drive into the tacky neighborhood, decided it wasn't enough so they continued on to absolutely pathetic. I don't understand their motives either. I heard that the ratings were low on Meredith's season, but that is no reason to model the show after lesser reality tv shows. I like the trashy shows too (for a good laugh), but I have always looked at the Bachelor as being on a diffferent level. This season has ruined my perception of the show completely. I will probably continue to watch, but I won't hold off on other plans for Wed night. If they continue with this type of format, the Bachelor will be just another reality show that I watch if I happen to be home and there is nothing else on.

I think this whole season has been mainly ruined by all the attention given to Trish. Granted, this is something that probably makes the show interesting for many people and boosts ratings.
    Trish was always the one who made things interesting and stirred up trouble, fine. But once she was sent home by Jesse, that should have been it. I hate the fact that Trish comes back again...all her drama is getting old and boring...I can't stand her anymore. She was rejected and Jesse has no regrets so why not close that topic? If the producers are the ones that are putting her back into this...shame on them! I guess they would really do anything for ratings huh? :rolleyes
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast