+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lamest. Season. Ever.

I suppose it depends upon what you are looking for in the show. This season is a bit more entertaining, even though Jesse is less than "first string" IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    To me, the only season that wasn't lame was B3, because I felt that Andrew was genuinely looking for a wife.
    All the other four just don't give me the vibe that they are genuinely looking for a relationship that they hope will progress into marriage.

I do still enjoy the show, but admit to watching it thinking "I wonder how long this relationship will last".
    It's pretty sad when the relationship can be easily measured in days like Bob and Estella.
    Their post show media junket was a waste of time, they clearly already knew they would split as soon as they weren't contractually obligated to appear together any longer.

Fluff hit it on the nose for me, exactly how I feel. Andrew and Jen were my faves because I really liked the two of them and felt they were for real in looking for marriage. [I was really saddened when I heard they split, even if it was a good 2 years later. That was a real relationship to me. JMO] They should be finding more people who are in it for love and not for publicity. It really does come across on screen when they don't exude the romance that we love to watch.

I agree with fluff, too. There isnt one other couple I see that was like Jen and Andrew...wanting marriage out of this. To me, they showed the most romance.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Jen and Andrew were my favorite too. But had ABC shown us the true Meredith and Ian story, that would have been my favorite by far.

To be honest, I really liked Trista and Ryan too. Ryan is so much like my husband.

I wholeheartedly agree - very very lame and BOOORING!!! Jesse is just not appealing and way too young. The girls, with the exception of Trish, are bland. There is no romance at all. Jesse doesn't seem to be interested or have chemistry with anyone. Whoever he picks will last just as long as it takes to do the talk show circuit. What a joke!!

The Bachelorette shows were so much more interesting filled with good looking people who were fairly mature and seemed genuinely interested in find THE ONE. Hope there are more ladies in the lead and less Bachelor shows. But, I don't think that will happen, unfortunately.

I think we would all like it sooo much more if the people were real. For example Jesse doesn't want a wife, I mean I know I say he'll settle down if he finds "her" but he's not looking for "her" right now. Trish is more than likely a plant, imo, no one acts that way. And the entire show is a fabrication, for goodness sake's they actaully told Mandy's parents to act like freaks w/ the pageant crap. If it was more real, with some natural editing, and people that are actaully interested and ready for a SO then I think it is/was a great idea. But Fliess took his own awesome idea and killed it w/ this season anyway. Here's hoping next season will be better.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan
    At least, there are some plots this season (stalker, spy, blonde w/ redneck dad), however cliche the plots may be. Remember last season:

Meredith: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, ...
    Matt: Yada, yada, yada (sob), yada, yada yada, ...
    Ian: (snooze)
    Meredith: More blah, blah, blah, ...
    (Oh did I say, she fell in love! When did that happen, with whom, why???)

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    To me, the only season that wasn't lame was B3, because I felt that Andrew was genuinely looking for a wife.
    All the other four just don't give me the vibe that they are genuinely looking for a relationship that they hope will progress into marriage.
    I really did like Andrew's season best, because he really did seem to have the right attitude going into the show. And, in retrospect, he acted like a freakin monk in comparison to Blob and Jesse. Blob's season may still be the worst. Fantasy dates to strip clubs and karaoke bars with side beds will be hard to top for tacky and crude.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is the first Bachelor I've been watching. Although I started watching for Palmer (because I'm a sports fan, not because I thought he was so bright, mature and sophisticated), I must say I appreciate the drama, suspense and mystery created or manufactured by the producers.

I feel it must be difficult to sustain interest from the audience when repeating the same series 5 times. So I enjoy the characterization of such participants as Trish, Jesse and Jenny (although I doubt a career in acting is waiting for her).

From what I understood, the ladies did not know before the audition who the bachelor was going to be. Well then, why would they want an engagement ring from... some guy? I think they all saw the popularity of the show as an opportunity for a new experience and even fame, while the producers' intention is only to entertain us.

I doubt a show with 'real' people with genuine intentions could actually work. The idea of finding true love on a 6-week journey in front of cameras sounds utopian to me, and surely risky for the producers.

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by MaxLevine
    Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is the first Bachelor I've been watching. Although I started watching for Palmer (because I'm a sports fan, not because I thought he was so bright, mature and sophisticated), I must say I appreciate the drama, suspense and mystery created or manufactured by the producers.

I feel it must be difficult to sustain interest from the audience when repeating the same series 5 times. So I enjoy the characterization of such participants as Trish, Jesse and Jenny (although I doubt a career in acting is waiting for her).

From what I understood, the ladies did not know before the audition who the bachelor was going to be. Well then, why would they want an engagement ring from... some guy? I think they all saw the popularity of the show as an opportunity for a new experience and even fame, while the producers' intention is only to entertain us.

I doubt a show with 'real' people with genuine intentions could actually work. The idea of finding true love on a 6-week journey in front of cameras sounds utopian to me, and surely risky for the producers.

Just my opinion

And a good opinion it is, Max. Don't worry, though, you'll be 'insane' like the rest of us soon enough. If we had real lives we would be living them, not posting here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast