Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TVGuide "Trashy Trish Fires Back"

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    All I can think of that's she has said was the stuff at the rose ceremony TO Trish (Stop blaming Jenny. You know you don't deserve to be here) and then again the next week ABOUT TRISH (Now he'll get a nice girl.) There were some shots of her talking about Trish in the kitchen WITH the other girls the day Trish was spilling her guts at the 'I Never' game. None of it bothered me, though. But, as I mentioned earlier, I don't mind a little catti-ness. It's how women are. ABC has just chosen to show the stuff that Tara has said. No big deal.

Thanks Charity! That is exactly what I was talking about.

I can see how that could make people feel that way. I have to think that (especially with this season) ABC has certain characters they want the girls to play. Trish is the villian, and maybe Tara is the snob. Unless we know them personally, we will never know if it rings true.

Thanks again for the friendly reply!

JR.
    Please keep all comments directed toward the show, it's contestants, host, etc...

Do not argue with other members. The site rules are clear. I have deleted several posts already. The next deletions will simply be bans.

Thank you for your immediate cooperation.

I agree. Can we just let it go already? I don't come here to make enimies.

As an addition to JR's fine warning, I'll remind everyone that this thread's discussion should be focused specifically on the TV Guide article referenced in the thread title. General discussion about Trish or Tara should take place in their respective threads.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    We already have one out of hand Trish thread. We don't need two.

I would remind new members to re read the FAQ they were supposed to have read and agreed to, before they signed on as members. It details our zero tolerance for bashing other members among other board violations on this thread.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by charity
    All I can think of that's she has said was the stuff at the rose ceremony TO Trish (Stop blaming Jenny. You know you don't deserve to be here) and then again the next week ABOUT TRISH (Now he'll get a nice girl.) There were some shots of her talking about Trish in the kitchen WITH the other girls the day Trish was spilling her guts at the 'I Never' game. None of it bothered me, though. But, as I mentioned earlier, I don't mind a little catti-ness. It's how women are. ABC has just chosen to show the stuff that Tara has said. No big deal.
    Keeping your above statement in mind, that's why I think the Trish we've seen on TV does not ring true to me. I do not know Tara, so I might be willing to concede that she could have been sent into the house to be catty. Perhaps someone who knows her might enlighten us.

On the other hand, the Trish we see in the TV Guide is more realistic than the character we've been presented on the Bachelor, particularly this incredibly scripted "stalker" scenario. Not in a million years would I believe that she would have concocted that idea on her own.

It seems from my experience anyway, that woman do mellow as they get out of their teens and early twenties, and are far less judge-mental and or completive as well. Tara's comment to Trish was unforgivably rude, that showed absolutely no class whatsoever. I have not seen an example whatsoever of Trish deliberately being malicious or unkind to any of the other woman or to anyone for that matter. Trish is self-deprecating about her sexual past, she's not 'bragging etc." she has just a sort of oh well, so what attitude, modern Sex and the City a Holly Golighlty for the millennium ( Trish you can pay later for that line ). Her humour is very camp, sort of an exaggerated example of the truth as Six Degrees so eloquently put it. Lately I have noticed that it seems on these forums woman are judged far, far harsher than men, like the irrational hatred for most of the woman on Survivor, and then last night I'm watching the Swan, and these woman have so much emotional baggage, and scarring because they did not fit the norm, or the stereotype of what is perceived to be correct, and I thought the world was changing but I guess not. Pretty damn sad.

i wonder if anyone actually believed this! its complete ludicrous and trish trying to come off as a good girl being prettymuch tarnished by the producers YEH RIGHT. i would really bet that her parents we okay with everything since from the hometown dates she could only confide in her sister b/c her parents didnt know anything!
    You never lose by loving; you always lose by holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie24
    i wonder if anyone actually believed this! its complete ludicrous and trish trying to come off as a good girl being prettymuch tarnished by the producers YEH RIGHT. i would really bet that her parents we okay with everything since from the hometown dates she could only confide in her sister b/c her parents didnt know anything!

I have to agree. While I feel strongly that ABC has clearly had an agenda with Trish (to make her the "bad girl"), there is only so much you can edit in. She has shown herself to be a little bit of a hypocrite too. For example she made a statement about not having any regrets in her life, but when Jesse called her on the married man thing, she said she regreted it. She also said the other girls in the house put her down, but then she said that she is so much more professional, yada, yada, yada then Suzie the blubbering idiot. She really has no room to complain about that when she was doing it herself. JMHO

FORT Newbie
    You seem to speak from experience, Lotus. You're right, maturity does make a big difference in the way people handle various situations, particularly in how they interact with those around them. I know that I made a ton of mistakes in my youth that I wouldn't want aired on national TV, and mistakes that I wouldn't repeat today. And I'm certain that I've foolishly put my foot in my mouth in ways that I've vowed not to revisit.

Trish continually references the sorority house aspect of the Bachelor. I wonder if she expected that going in, and if not, why not? Being stuck in a house with more than a dozen other women -- competitors, no less, seems to me to be slightly worse than hell for her. I'm sure many aspects of the show which seem pretty clear to the average viewer must be hard to see from the inside.

In any event, I maintain the mantra that she has repeated on various occasions -- all was not as it as has appeared on the small screen. And unless anyone who was actually there can prove otherwise, that's an opinion I'm not likely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    It seems from my experience anyway, that woman do mellow as they get out of their teens and early twenties, and are far less judge-mental and or completive as well. Tara's comment to Trish was unforgivably rude, that showed absolutely no class whatsoever. I have not seen an example whatsoever of Trish deliberately being malicious or unkind to any of the other woman or to anyone for that matter. Trish is self-deprecating about her sexual past, she's not 'bragging etc." she has just a sort of oh well, so what attitude, modern Sex and the City a Holly Golighlty for the millennium ( Trish you can pay later for that line ). Her humour is very camp, sort of an exaggerated example of the truth as Six Degrees so eloquently put it. Lately I have noticed that it seems on these forums woman are judged far, far harsher than men, like the irrational hatred for most of the woman on Survivor, and then last night I'm watching the Swan, and these woman have so much emotional baggage, and scarring because they did not fit the norm, or the stereotype of what is perceived to be correct, and I thought the world was changing but I guess not. Pretty damn sad.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345