Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TVGuide "Trashy Trish Fires Back"

Quote Originally Posted by IMAddicted
    What are the catty things that Tara has said? I can't remember except the comment to Trash at the rose ceremony. (Which I personally LOVED!)

I am with you. I am a Tara fan and cannot understand why people are so hard on her. I can't recall anything aside from the comment (I loved it too BTW) that could put a negative spin on her. I would love for the Tara haters to come up with some specific things(aside from the imfamous comment) that she has said or done to warrant all the nasty things said about her.
    Last edited by jenn7575; 05-10-2004 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I don't think any less of Tara for her training with guns, or her crazy dad who likes to give people a hard time. She turns me off all on her own by being catty. Personally, I'm not wild about any of the girls - yes, GIRLS - left except for Mandy Jaye who is the most mature of them, and I know she'll get the boot.
    You said it perfectly. The cattiness makes her look spoiled and immature.

But I don't hate Tara. I wouldn't like to hang out with her as a friend (were I still 22) because I'd always be a little concerned about what she may be saying behind my back. But I think her main issue is that she just needs to grow up some more. I think she has potential, given a few years and a good friend or two who will call her on the behavior. It seems clear that her father, at least, won't do that.
    Last edited by jasmar; 05-10-2004 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn7575
    I am with you. I am a huge Tara fan and cannot understand why people are so hard on her. I can't recall anything aside from the comment (I loved it too BTW) that could put a negative spin on her. I would love for the Tara haters to come up with some specific things(aside from the imfamous comment) that she has said or done to warrant all the nasty things said about her.
    I agree too. I wouldn't consider myself a 'Tara fan', but I don't not-like-her because of a few catty remarks. Maybe I'm like that, though. I don't see any reason to let people run over you. I like to call people out when they're being rude, in my personal life and in business. It works for me. It seems to work well for Tara, too.

Unfortunately for Tara, what goes around, comes around!!!! She is VERY immature and has a lot of growing up to do. Even though her remarks about Trish are correct, she should keep them to herself. She is NEXT to go and the puking will begin soon!!! Sorry to all of you Tara fans!!!!! Jesse is not the "best catch" like we had thought he would be, but he is smart enough to know that he has to pick someone with CLASS and that would be Mandy J or Jessica - They will be the final two, then Jessica wins. Sorry Tara fans!!!! Plus Jesse wants NO part of a girl that does not know what love is and a Father that is going to treat him horribly - that was obvious from the hometown date. She goes this week.

Remember, if anything is scripted, there's no reason under the sun that shouldn't include Tara's comments. Also, they did meet her whole family, we just didn't get to see anything but her father. So, any way you look at it, there's a lot we don't know about what's going on with Tara, her family, and Jesse.

I'm thinking Mandy J is next to go, and might be up for a Bachelorette. Although, her comments about the producers don't seem to indicate that she wants any future relationship with Fleiss and co.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl
    I cannot go around running off at the mouth like Tara - she needs to grow up!!! What goes around, comes around.
    I am not trying to single you out butterfly girl, but what EXACTLY are you talking about? I beleive I have seen all the episodes and I can't recall Tara running off at the mouth. I am curious if you are seeing something that I am not. Sure she made that comment, but what else has she done that is so bad?

Eh, when I look at all the facts, I see that Jesse's buddies think it's Tara, and that they thought Jesse, not Tara's father, was the one that should have been embarrassed by that segment. Personally, I thought Tara's father was funny, but I can see that not everyone would feel that way.

We'll have to all just wait and see what happens.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    Eh, when I look at all the facts, I see that Jesse's buddies think it's Tara, and that they thought Jesse, not Tara's father, was the one that should have been embarrassed by that segment. Personally, I thought Tara's father was funny, but I can see that not everyone would feel that way.

We'll have to all just wait and see what happens.
    I will probably get made fun of for this, but I liked Tara's dad too. I think he was grossly misunderstood by people and I think that is primarily due to editing. My biological dad lives in Oklahoma, he is just like Tara's dad. Men like them joke around about everything, they grow up being told they have to be manly. Part of being manly is not expressing your feelings, so they joke about it. The impression that I got of her dad is that he is a man who loves his daughter to death and he was just giving Jesse a hard time. He acted all tough, but he is probably just a big teddy bear. I guess I wouldn't expect people that don't know anyone like that to understand that he really isn't as bad as he looked. JMHO

Oh Lord I can't believe I'll have to see the drama queen Trish again. Maybe I'll skip this episode. I hate reality show participants who insist on acting.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn7575
    Nobody has pointed out anything specific aside from "the comment".
    All I can think of that's she has said was the stuff at the rose ceremony TO Trish (Stop blaming Jenny. You know you don't deserve to be here) and then again the next week ABOUT TRISH (Now he'll get a nice girl.) There were some shots of her talking about Trish in the kitchen WITH the other girls the day Trish was spilling her guts at the 'I Never' game. None of it bothered me, though. But, as I mentioned earlier, I don't mind a little catti-ness. It's how women are. ABC has just chosen to show the stuff that Tara has said. No big deal.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast