+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 6 Preview: 05/12 *Spoilers*

Fort Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    ABC has got to be kidding...who came up with the idea of Washington, D.C. as a romantic spot? I hope that the Federal government isn't paying money to lure the film crew to foggy bottom. Heck, when they filmed , it was even too early for the Cherry Blossom Festival.
    I feel bad for Mandy Jaye, not only does she get "the most unromantic fantasy date in bachelor history" she also has to share the date with Trish!
    Last edited by Jennie; 05-08-2004 at 02:23 AM.

FORT Regular
    From the abc site:

Wednesday, May 12, 9/8c
    The Women Tell All
    It's a reunion, as all of the women except the final three are back to dish about Jesse, each other, and what really went on in the house.

Wednesday, May 12, 10/9c
    Jesse and the three remaining ladies go on their fantasy overnight dates, as Jesse grows closer to each of the women. Then, three women, and only two roses who will stay and who will go?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    Washington DC is exotic???
    Exactly what I was thinking.

I don't get why some of you don't think the DC area has potential as a romantic setting. There are some beautifully romantic locations in the area. It's not all stuffy politicians. It is, after all, where the late Congressman Wilbur Mills was caught in the Reflecting Pool with a stripper. (Now where is Trish?)

Seriously, there are some very romantic things to do here, not involving beaches, surf boards, etc... A sunset/evening cruise on the Potomac aboard the former Presidential yacht the USS Sequoia http://www.sequoiayacht.com/ would be exciting (President Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe "enjoyed" the yacht, according to historians.) The Inn at Little Washington is a 5 star B&B. The Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown is known for catering to the rich and famous. Too many others to name, but it not just your high school senior class trip place. The clubs in Dupont Circle and Georgetown are a single man/woman's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    I don't get why some of you don't think the DC area has potential as a romantic setting. There are some beautifully romantic locations in the area.
    I agree with Zeus, that the DC area COULD be a romantic setting for someone, but it looks like the happy couple doesn't get to see romance, anyway. It doesn't matter if they were in Tahiti, Trish's interruption is sure to blow away any romance!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    I don't get why some of you don't think the DC area has potential as a romantic setting. There are some beautifully romantic locations in the area.
    I agree that there are some wonderful, romantic locations in the DC area. However, the idea of "staying within the country" does not exactly give you the impression that it's an "exotic" date by any means nor does it exactly inject excitement in you, especially when you're flying "out of the country" to Quebec and the Bahamas for your other fantasy dates! Besides, Jesse and Mandy have probably been to DC a number of times.

They always seem to have one place that is not so great of a location. Mary and Blob went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming (not very romatic), Andrew and Jen went to Arizona and went bowling, again not very romatic, (and that was the worst fantasy date in Bachelor history-- the only thing that redeemed it was that they were in love).

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldsong
    They always seem to have one place that is not so great of a location. Mary and Blob went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming (not very romatic), Andrew and Jen went to Arizona and went bowling, again not very romatic, (and that was the worst fantasy date in Bachelor history-- the only thing that redeemed it was that they were in love).
    But Andrew and Jen went bowling because it was raining. They were supposed to go hot-air ballooning, which is extremely romantic , and had some other outdoor activities planned. A really bad date that stuck out in my mind was Trista's and Russ' fantasy date. Didn't they go to Sedona, Arizona for an "aura photography" reading by some psychic? At least kicking your date's ass in bowling is a lot more fun than getting your aura analyzed by some stranger in the middle of the desert.
    Last edited by Sunset80; 05-08-2004 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    but who'd want to freeze their head off doing that in January/February?
    I don't see all the fuss about Washington D.C. being exotic or romantic, but Montreal, Quebec? (no offense to all Canadians!) IMO Just as exotic or romantic as D.C. and probably just as cold. Only Jessica really lucked out on both romantic and exotic in getting the Bahamas.

Well I'm Canadian, and Quebec City is an old 'rustic' town which is really romantic. They do stuff there all the time, plus if I recall correctly, Jesse is Canadian, speaks French and mentioned in an earlier episode that he'd like to visit Quebec or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast