+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trish's Appearances on GMA & The View

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    at least they admitted the mistake (the view).

So they admitted they messed up? What did they say?

Quote Originally Posted by KymberlyAnn
    THE VIEW

Did ABC orchestrate it? She said no. (But they sure did go along with it didn't they??)
    Actually, she didn't confirm or deny this. It appeared she was dancing around the whole confidentiality clause, because she didn't directly answer Vieira's question. Trish replied, "You'll, you'll never know..." Then Elisabeth interrupted her. Trish continued, "You know, you never know, and 'stalker' is a little bit heavy when it describes me." Then the hosts all started talking at once. Star said "She can't be a stalker when there's a camera gonna be there."

I taped the interview so if anyone is interested or really cares, I can try and transcribe it. It would take me a few days because these women talk all over each other, constantly interrupting and talking at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie01
    I can see it now....

Trish will be picked to be the next bachelorette, only they will call it "Who wants to Marry the Whore?" and Jerry Springer will be the host.
    I can't picture Trish being the next bachelorette. If she is, the show would have to be aired on late night HBO, not on ABC.

Her appearance on The View didn't really provide much insight into anything. As with all eliminated reality show contestants, she gave the standard "I blame it on the editing" excuse. I have to say though I'm surprised that she didn't break down when she was being grilled...she's stronger than she appeared on the show, I'll give her that.

Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    I can't picture Trish being the next bachelorette. If she is, the show would have to be aired on late night HBO, not on ABC.

Her appearance on The View didn't really provide much insight into anything. As with all eliminated reality show contestants, she gave the standard "I blame it on the editing" excuse. I have to say though I'm surprised that she didn't break down when she was being grilled...she's stronger than she appeared on the show, I'll give her that.
    I'll give her that too. She's got to be strong to be able to take all the heat she's getting. Geez, it would be too much for almost anyone I'd think, unless she's really an actress trying to advance her career. Which she could be.

My take on Trish is that she's insecure, and that her telling all those stories about her sexual past was her attempt to show off and fit in. She probably thought it would be taken as funny, her being the older, been-around-the-block one. And it backfired with all the gossipy, sorority types and Trish found herself isolated and the anti-hero of the whole show. To the exclusion of any possible romance. Because there doesn't actually seem to be any.

I used to work with someone just like Trish. She loved to talk about her exploits -- sex with married men, affairs with women, etc. She came across as brash and intimidating, but she was a really, really good person. Just very insecure and she got her validation from men her whole life. The classic daddy complex.

I don't know Trish. It just seems people are being awfully hard on the girl. As others have said, she has a past, we all do. And maybe she shouldn't have blabbed about it, but does she really need to be crucified for it?

Dunno, I hate to see her being called a skank and a ho by other women. I'm pretty sexually conservative myself, but isn't feminism about women making choices and then taking responsibility for them? Which Trish seems to be doing.

Is the price really that high for women who make less socially accepted choices? Can't we not view her through a moral compass?

K, off my soapbox now.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    Actually, she didn't confirm or deny this. It appeared she was dancing around the whole confidentiality clause, because she didn't directly answer Vieira's question. Trish replied, "You'll, you'll never know..." Then Elisabeth interrupted her. Trish continued, "You know, you never know, and 'stalker' is a little bit heavy when it describes me." Then the hosts all started talking at once. Star said "She can't be a stalker when there's a camera gonna be there."
    It sounded to me like she was sort of confirming that the Producers had a hand in it simply by not denying it - she said something about "there are things I can't talk about."

Two things REALLY tick me off about the whole Trish/stalker thing - obviously it had to either be the producers' idea or at least be sanctioned by them, because there are cameras with her the whole time. It's not like she just busted in and surprised everyone - there's a camera trained on her as she walks into the dinner with Jesse and MJ.

Also, we've had to suffer through all of the attention being on Trish and not getting to know the other girls - now it's finally down to three girls who don't include Trish, and she's STILL going to take up half the show!!!

The producers must have realized they have one heck of a boring season if they thought bringing a stalker into it was the only way to keep people's attention!!!!!

I think Trish and Omarossa would make a great couple!

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    It sounded to me like she was sort of confirming that the Producers had a hand in it simply by not denying it - she said something about "there are things I can't talk about."
    Yeah, that was the another subtle clue. It was part of her stumbling response to Elisabeth's question about why did she go back. I think she wanted to say more but seemed afraid to run afoul of ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    Two things REALLY tick me off about the whole Trish/stalker thing - obviously it had to either be the producers' idea or at least be sanctioned by them, because there are cameras with her the whole time. It's not like she just busted in and surprised everyone - there's a camera trained on her as she walks into the dinner with Jesse and MJ.

Also, we've had to suffer through all of the attention being on Trish and not getting to know the other girls - now it's finally down to three girls who don't include Trish, and she's STILL going to take up half the show!!!

The producers must have realized they have one heck of a boring season if they thought bringing a stalker into it was the only way to keep people's attention!!!!!
    I agree with you about the way the producers are handling this. I'm not a big fan of Trish, but there is no way she could come back without help from the producers. They can't really think the viewers buy into her being a stalker. Bold and a bit desperate on Trish's part, and totally insensitive to Mandy - on Trish's and the producers' part. Yeah, this is reality TV and just about anything goes in the name of entertainment and ratings, but ABC and Fliess have crossed the line of credibility and fairness, imo.

I noticed that at the beginning of The View they acknowledged their GOOF yesterday when they spilled the beans before The Bachelor was aired.

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn7575
    So they admitted they messed up? What did they say?
    meridith said that they made her look stupid cause she teased the fact that the next elimated girl from the bachelor was gonna be on and then right after they are off the air they show a promo for tomorrows show and it says "and trish from the bachelor". meridith goes on to say how they were flooded with emails about it. then the producer guy that sits in the front row said he was sorry.
    i really can't remember anymore than that, sorry!! i was trying to wrangle my 3 year old so we could go to playgroup.
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_drop
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KymberlyAnn
    THE VIEW

Did you really sleep with a married man? "Yes, it's those stupid things you do in your early 20's. Yes I did. I take responsibility for them."

When Trash was giving Jesse lame answers to his question on the group elephant date, she said sleeping with the married man happened two years ago, and that she's a different person now. I don't consider 26 to be in your early 20's. So which is it Trash???
    I caught that too! Seems to me she changes her stories a little too frequently! :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast