+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Husbands who watch the show with their wives...do you own one?

My husband hates reality shows. He'll watch briefly if he needs someone/something to make fun of...especially, the Bachlorette. He asks "What kind of man would go on a show w/25 other men to chase one woman!!"

His take on the show can be quite funny though....

This sounds like an idea for a daytime talk show or a self-help book!

Women Who Watch The Bachelor...And The Men Who Love Them.

My wife has one!

I am a husband who has been roped into reality TV. It actually started with The Mole - a great show that I look forward to the return of.

My wife started watching Bachelor early on (don't know the names of the early guys), and I got hooked when Trista was on and have watched ever since. Watched both FLOM's. Watched MBFOF - my favorite non-Mole show so far. Watched both AJ's - if only to bag on the girl. Never got into Survivor or Fear Factor though. I tend to like the relationship shows.

I'm just as eager to get our butts in front of the tube at 8pm sharp every Wednesday as she is, and of course, I'm an avid poster here. I print stuff from here sometimes for my wife to read.

A tip of the hat to Bob here, but I believe this may be the worst Bachelor yet. The "villain" was entertaining, as always. But it's starting to be more prevalent that ABC is trying to manufacture a soap-opera and show less of the growing relationship stuff. I feel like I don't know what Tara is about at all (although we know her Dad). I didn't feel like I knew Mandy at all, but now I do - if in a negative, brain-dead, pageant sort of way. We don't know Jessica at all, and she's going to win. I've seen NO sparks between Jesse and any of the girls, and think he's better off waking up next to a stranger than with any of this bunch.

PS - If Trasha is the new B'Ette, I guarantee I'm out on the whole thing.

Wow, I guess my wife has it easy... I'm not sure who got whom hooked in our house, but we RACE to get the kids both tucked in asleep before 9:00 so we can plug in! What guy wouldn't love this show??? HOT HOT HOT women all clamoring for one guys affection!!! I live vicariously through Jesse!!!! And yes, my wife lived vicariously through Mer!

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    I am a husband who has been roped into reality TV. It actually started with The Mole - a great show that I look forward to the return of.

My wife started watching Bachelor early on (don't know the names of the early guys), and I got hooked when Trista was on and have watched ever since. Watched both FLOM's. Watched MBFOF - my favorite non-Mole show so far. Watched both AJ's - if only to bag on the girl. Never got into Survivor or Fear Factor though. I tend to like the relationship shows.

I'm just as eager to get our butts in front of the tube at 8pm sharp every Wednesday as she is, and of course, I'm an avid poster here. I print stuff from here sometimes for my wife to read.

A tip of the hat to Bob here, but I believe this may be the worst Bachelor yet. The "villain" was entertaining, as always. But it's starting to be more prevalent that ABC is trying to manufacture a soap-opera and show less of the growing relationship stuff. I feel like I don't know what Tara is about at all (although we know her Dad). I didn't feel like I knew Mandy at all, but now I do - if in a negative, brain-dead, pageant sort of way. We don't know Jessica at all, and she's going to win. I've seen NO sparks between Jesse and any of the girls, and think he's better off waking up next to a stranger than with any of this bunch.

PS - If Trasha is the new B'Ette, I guarantee I'm out on the whole thing.

You just reminded me...my husband did love MBFOF. He thought that guy was great!

My husband has not been too into this seasons Bachelor...He has watched in the past but has become increasingly discriminating. He usually watches the last half hour with me. He won't have much to say except agree with me when I rant on and on! He thinks I watch too much reality TV for sure and what he really takes issue with is these message boards!!! He thinks I have gone off the deep end!!

This is a great thread...I like hearing about everyone else's situations regarding who watches with or without their husbands. My husband used to be adament about NOT watching any of these reality shows with me. For awhile I tried asking him to watch w/me, but that just made him refuse more! Eventually I gave up asking and found that slowly but surely he's coming around. He'll actually sit through AI, Survivor and yes, even the Bachelor. What got him hooked this time was the "mole." He loved watching the girls (mainly Trish) make comments that we as an audience knew would backfire later. I was out of town this week and missed AI. When I talked to my husband HE was able to fill ME in on what happened! It was like some sort of weird alternate universe!

The funniest thing is that one of the reasons he says he doesn't like me watching is because I yell at the TV. He gets so irritated and keeps re-iterating that NONE of them can hear me and why do I bother? Well, when Jesse picked Trash last week, as we were watching he proclaimed..."dude, you're such an idiot." This was immediately followed with "OMG, I'm yelling at the TV!" LOL

My husband watches, although I don't think he would admit he is a fan of reality TV(maybe a closet fan). His personal must see is Survivor, but he watches the rest of them with me most of the time. We have a good time trashing Trish etc.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

My husband always made fun of me watching The Bachelor and America's Next Top Model (I'm hooked on both), and then what do I catch him watching???!!!!!! AVERAGE JOE!!!!! He will never live that down. He was actually hooked on watching it....he usually works late but came home those nights, said he was going to work on the laptop downstairs...and then I caught him. So, now all I have to do is bring up AJ and there are no complaints about my reality shows I do have to say, he DID watch Meredith as the B'ette sometimes with me...that was a fairly normal season
    "Clothes tell a story, and yours tell the story of a crazy, deranged kickboxer who still lives with his mother in Queens." -Carson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345