+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Husbands who watch the show with their wives...do you own one?

FORT Fan
    Since this is one of the few times I actually sit down and concentrate on tv instead of laundry, dishes, and homework with the kid, he "watches". He watches with his eyes closed laying in my lap so I can rub his head. Last night was funny because he did have commentary. When I got up at commercial to do something, he said "hurry back, it's going to be the most exciting rose ceremony yet!". Then he corrected himself and said, "oh, sorry, the most SHOCKING rose ceremony yet"! But, remember, he's not watching, la, la, la, I can't hear you!

My boyfriend will not watch (if he does he will get hooked and that wouldn't be good I guess). I asked him this morning if he wanted to know what happened last night on the bachelor and he said (fast and strong) NO, but you're going tell me anyway aren't you? Of course I did. Then he started anking a few questions. I think I do that just to get a chuckle for myself.

Hi everyone! This is my first post, I have been a regular poster on the ABC board, and I am so incredibly happy to have found this place. It's like I graduated from high school.

Anyways, I have turned my husband into a "Bachelor junkie" (his own words). It was a slow process though. He used to make so much fun of me, but then he would ask me questions about who got a rose...etc. Then he would hang out in the room when I was watching the show, and pretend to be busy. Now, he won't even make plans for Wed night, and he will make sure we hit the gym with plenty of time to make it back for "our show".

Sugar coated with a bite lemon_drop's Avatar
    and

This is a great place, and you'll love the absence of BS you find on the ABC board!
    "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past once more?"

FORT Fan
    My husband won't watch it with me -- he thinks this kind of show is dumb. Heck, it's not dumber than the Star Trek type of shows he watches, lol. As for reality TV in general, he watched most of the first Survivor with me, and he does like Amazing Race & watches all the episodes. Hmm, need to find out when the next AR is coming on.

My husband is a bachelor junkie. We go to bed right after the show ends and sometime we spend too much time analizing what has been happening. He has some unique insights on what the guys may be thinking. He also loves analizing what is going on with the different characters.

Right now, he doesn't like Tara (she's too mean), but he is also looking at the other girls and thinking that none of them are ready for a marriage relationship. I think his favorite right now is Mandy, but he doesn't see her "winning".

Oh by the way -- thanks for the spelchek!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Cause
    You girls that watch with your beloved are so very lucky!!!
    I don't know about that. I banned my husband from the TV room during the Meredian series because he would watch and make fun of everything and I JUST WANTED TO WALLOW IN THE FABULOUSNESS THAT WAS Mer and Ian.

P.S. He's allowed back in now because he's so cute.

I don't have a husband anymore but my boyfriend loves it - We see each other on Wednesday nights and I told him that one requirement was that we watch The Bachelor and now he's hooked. The only thing he doesn't like is that Trish is off. He liked her, believe it or not. I think he liked the drama she brought to the show which I have to admit, I will miss as well.

My husband asks me every Wednesday.. "what's on after AI results?" I say "The Bachelor" he says "thank god I have to go to work"
    And I have the tv all to myself - I dont have to flip to the hockey/football/basketball/curling/volleyball/bowling/poker game and risk missing something because 'just wait this is going to be a great play/hand/shot/time is almost up'
    My husband loves AI, Survivor, TAR and he will even tolerate all of the decorating shows that I love. It's perfectly fine that he gives the Bachelor a miss.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_drop
    and

This is a great place, and you'll love the absence of BS you find on the ABC board!

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast