+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Husbands who watch the show with their wives...do you own one?

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    my husband will galdly sit down and watch the show with me. and make all kinds of comments. on first hearing the "ladies this is the final rose...." he was like "well that guy is captian obvious huh?" but alas, he won't admit to it even if you threatened him. he is in the air force and way way to macho to watch this show
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    My wife got me into this hell that is reality television.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

My hubbie enjoys watching anything with me as long as the playoffs aren't on. He actually enjoys the whole conflict/confrontation scenes and finds the show entertaining. While my prediction is Jessica in the end, he thinks it's going to be Tara because she's the "cutest" and a general contractor which is "really cool for a girl."

FORT Regular
    My husband usually only tolerates about the first 10 minutes of each episode. He thinks that it is no surprise that the Bachelorettes have more success than the Bachelors. He told me tonight that any guy that agrees to be one of 25 going for one woman is probably ready to settle down, but a guy going for 25 women is going to have a hard time not getting too full of himself. Pretty astute for someone who has not spent much time watching Alex, Blob, Aaron, Andrew and now Jesse...........

My hubbie has another take on the "I really like it, but I'm not going to let on" routine. He purposely roots for the least-likeable girl (hmmmmm, who could that be???) and then he has something he can poke me with and/or spar about for a week! DARN! Now that she's coming back next week, it's one more week of torture! :phhht :phhht

Most of my girlfriends watch it, and unfortunately, I have one whose husband refuses to have it on while he's home (yes, that's a subject for another board :rolleyes). I enable her by taping it every week and she watches while he's at work.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    My wife got me into this hell that is reality television.

My husband hates that I watch these shows - I started watching reality tv when Average Joe 1 was on. About midway into the season, he starts asking me if the "girl" figured out if the "guy" was rich yet. Hmmmm, he doesn't watch the show...I don't exactly discuss it...yet he knows that it involves a guy who is rich (Adam)? He was looking it up on the internet!! I tell him he might as well just sit down and watch with me...but he still won't. Tonite he asked if the Bachelor picked "the

Oh, he was totally addicted to that reality tv show (on Sci Fi Channel, I think) that had all the weird naturalist, vampires, etc. He got so into it...I had to laugh because he tells me how dumb I am to get "into" these shows.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I know what you mean !. I loved watching "The Bachelorette" with Trista and Ryan. I can remember when it was all over and they'd gotten married and bought a house. I mentioned that to my husband. He looks at me and says "Well good for them. Now maybe people will leave them alone".
    This season with Jesse, he's watched a little of it with me, depending on when he gets home from work. I was so glad when he let Trish go last night that I literally stood on the bed cheering !. He looked at me and asked me if I'd lost my mind !. Hee hee.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shlugen
    No husband, but my BF is hooked. He won't let me tell him ahead of time what is going to happen, because he likes to figure it out, but he loves to watch with me. Just got lucky, I guess.
    That because he you're not married.

My husband actually does watch it with me. He enjoyed this season just so he could trash Trish...she was the most entertaining person to watch.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

No, I don't OWN one! Had one, but got rid of him long ago.... so now I watch whatever I want!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast