+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TVGuide Interview - "Karen Trashes Trish"

H2O

TVGuide Interview - "Karen Trashes Trish"

Last week on The Bachelor, Jesse jilted Karen, who didn't much mind. See, this 28-year-old pharmaceutical sales rep shared no romantic chemistry with the NFL stud. Yet while girlfriend didn't bag a husband, Karen did take away a gaggle of new gal pals and gossip, which she eagerly shares with TV Guide Online. Here, the ex-beauty queen tattles on Trish, discusses her most embarrassing moment when Jesse called her "Katie" and reveals how tricky Bachelor producers fake "reality" on Jesse's dates.

TV Guide Online: How mortifying was that first rose ceremony, when Jesse accidentally called Katie's name instead of yours?
    Karen: It was so strange. He looked right at me and said "Katie"! I kinda thought he meant to say my name but I didn't dare say that to anyone, for fear they'd think I was one of those crazy stalker ladies. I wasn't at all annoyed with Jesse for getting my name wrong. At that point, we had been at this cocktail party for 10 hours and we were all exhausted.

TVGO: Wait a sec. Ten hours?! Social etiquette says you stay at a party three hours max, honey.
    Karen: [Laughs] Exactly! When people start taking naps like I did, it's time to go. They had to wake me up for the rose ceremony! That first cocktail party started at 6 pm. When we looked so horrible during eliminations, it's because it was four in the morning and we were tired.
    TVGO: So after Jesse's flub, he gave you the rose but also let Karen stay. What drama did we miss behind the scenes?
    Karen: After Jesse messed up my name, [he and the producers] were out there for two hours trying to decide what to do. Meanwhile, the women couldn't even sit anywhere, and it was so cold in the house because all the windows were open for the cameras. You only see little clips of all those hours of footage they film. Anyway, Katie handled it with a lot of class and made the best of it. I'm glad she stayed.

TVGO: What was the worst thing about how you were edited?
    Karen: I came across like a snobby beauty queen. I'm so not that! I'm a goof. The producers interrupted my first alone time with Jesse. We were talking for 15 minutes, and then, they interrupted and said, "This isn't working. You're talking like you're on a first date. We want you to talk about how you're a beauty queen and you're stereotyped. And Jesse, you're a football player, so talk about how you're stereotyped." It was very manipulated. It was so fill-in-the-blank how they kept making me talk about beauty-pageant stuff, which I normally never bring up in conversation. It can really change the way someone is perceived. But you also missed how much fun we had in that house. I have never laughed for a solid month like that in my life, and I loved it!

TVGO: Without saying her name, you warned Jesse about Trish. Did you want revenge?
    Karen: I told him, "Be careful of one of the girls. You have three phenomenal women and one who's not here for the right reasons." He knew exactly who I was talking about. It wasn't sour grapes. I knew I would be eliminated and I wanted to go. Jesse and I were friendly, but we just didn't click romantically. I hated seeing Trish in the same category as women of that caliber. Jesse should've eliminated me and Trish, since Suzie really felt something for him. I was sad because I felt I was watching bad things happen to good people.

TVGO: Fans of the show call her "Trash." Did her rivals refer to her that way?
    Karen: [Laughs] I don't know how we didn't come up with that alliteration because it's so clever! Trish Trash. But she was calling herself so many names. I've never heard someone refer to herself as "a money-grubbing, gold-digging whore." I thought, "Wow! Hi, Trish's mom! How you doin' out there listening to this?"

TVGO: You ladies really didn't like her.
    Karen: What bothered me was how superior and rude she acted to people. There's a little more depth to Trish than we think, but not much.

TVGO: ABC should give Trish her own edition of The Bachelorette. Imagine the sleazy possibilities!
    Karen: [Chuckles] Trish would be like, "Did you not bring your stock portfolio? That's unfortunate because I need to see your net worth." And her suitors would all be over 60. You know, she told everyone Jesse kisses like a 40-year-old man. I'm like, "Huh?" It was an odd thing to hear that "he takes control like an older man." I just don't wanna know about her sexual preferences! She said she felt attacked, but she dug her own grave every time she opened her mouth and declared weird stuff like that to us.

Thanks for posting that! Very interesting.... I think someone who lived in the same house as Trish for several weeks would have a pretty good idea of what she was really like. Just confirms that my opinion of her was right...

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Also confirms how manipulated the show was. They tell you what to talk about? Sheez.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

probably a FORT member who came up with 'Trash' first

they kept the room/ house cold to accentuate women standing there in their dresses, not so the cameras are outa the way

them standing for hours probably explains why Trish stands the way she does and some of the other girls looked like they needed to run to the restroom

Crystal Allen

Contract

Quote Originally Posted by H2O
    TVGO: What was the worst thing about how you were edited?
    Karen: I came across like a snobby beauty queen. I'm so not that! I'm a goof. The producers interrupted my first alone time with Jesse. We were talking for 15 minutes, and then, they interrupted and said, "This isn't working. You're talking like you're on a first date. We want you to talk about how you're a beauty queen and you're stereotyped. And Jesse, you're a football player, so talk about how you're stereotyped." It was very manipulated. It was so fill-in-the-blank how they kept making me talk about beauty-pageant stuff, which I normally never bring up in conversation. It can really change the way someone is perceived. But you also missed how much fun we had in that house. I have never laughed for a solid month like that in my life, and I loved it!
    Would it violate her confidentiality contract to discuss something like this? We have heard other reality show contestants talk about editing [Elyse on ANTM, Sarah on Joe Millionaire] but I'm just wondering if ABC would think this in any way changes the 'integrity' of the show.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    H2o. That was one of the funnier interviews to read. Thanks for posting.

Trash should write to Anna Nicole Smith about how to bag a rich old man...I'm sure they could share notes.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

[QUOTE=Six Degrees]Would it violate her confidentiality contract to discuss something like this? We have heard other reality show contestants talk about editing [Elyse on ANTM, Sarah on Joe Millionaire] but I'm just wondering if ABC would think this in any way changes the 'integrity' of the show.[/QUO

What integrity!!!!! So far I don't see any and it gets worse the more I watch.

Crystal Allen

Integrity

I was using the word 'integrity' because it's the word ABC uses in its contract that was posted on the smokinggun.com from Trista's season. I don't think they meant that they had personal integrity, but rather they were referring to the 'truthfulness' of what the audience thinks it's seeing. i.e. If the viewing public learns that the Producers told the Bachelor who to pick, or that they are told what to talk about rather than having spontaneous 'getting to know you' talks, then the public may no longer 'trust' ABC's contention that this is a reality show about a bachelor/ette finding love.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    I was using the word 'integrity' because it's the word ABC uses in its contract that was posted on the smokinggun.com from Trista's season. I don't think they meant that they had personal integrity, but rather they were referring to the 'truthfulness' of what the audience thinks it's seeing. i.e. If the viewing public learns that the Producers told the Bachelor who to pick, or that they are told what to talk about rather than having spontaneous 'getting to know you' talks, then the public may no longer 'trust' ABC's contention that this is a reality show about a bachelor/ette finding love.

Sorry Six Degrees, I was just being facetious. This whole show is nothing but Jenny, Trish and from what I can tell is lies. We have not been able to see any of the personalities of the girls come out. We have not been allowed to get connected enough to any of the girls to be able to root for them in fact just the opposite. I have heard a lot that he deserves what he gets, which is to say a lot of people thinks he will pic Trish. I am sorry but I think so far that this show is worse than Boob.

Crystal Allen

The problem with Blob...and Jesse

I think Blob was worse because many viewers went into it with a 'cheering for the underdog' attitude. We liked Blob, and wanted him to find love. We were let down by seeing nothing more than a lengthy version of Elimidate. It was trashy and disappointing, even as we came to find out that Blob never wanted to do the show in the first place.

With Jesse, we gave him the benefit of the doubt as we knew nothing about him beyond his job. We were all hopeful, again. Maybe this time we'd see a Bachelor version of Trista's season. We watch this show to believe in fairy tale romances and happy endings. What we've gotten is a combination of MTV's Sorority Life, a magnification of the whore/virgin complex, and zero romance.

All the booted contestants talk about is how they hated Trish and felt no connection with Jesse. What's the point of all this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast