+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we going to see a real proposal????

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    If there's a proposal, I don't think it will last.

And like all of you, I wish they'd show us the romance and personalities more. I think I'd like the show more if the first show was a two-hour show that fast-forwarded down to 8 or 10. Then I'd like to see more

Trista and Ryan were the only couple where I saw sparks and a real tenderness. I missed it between Meredith and Ian. I didn't see a connection with Matthew either, but these shows would be so much better if we could see the romance developing. In most movies, we know the outcome going into it. For instance, in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, we know from the outset that guy and girl are going to end up together at the end. We don't watch to find out the ending, we watch to see the process.

I also think that there probably might not be a proposal. And if there is one, I just don't see it lasting. I hate to be so pessimistic but that's just how I see it, though I would love for Jesse's relationship to work out in the long run with the winner girl.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I just don't see it lasting with MOST of these couples..I mean look at the odds. I think Trista and Ryan were one VERY RARE example of this. You could feel their tenderness and romance without even knowing them personally.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    I just don't see it lasting with MOST of these couples..I mean look at the odds. I think Trista and Ryan were one VERY RARE example of this. You could feel their tenderness and romance without even knowing them personally.
    I like Trista & Ryan, but at some point he is going to say enough is enough with the PINK

I think that Jesse will propose. I am not making any bets on how long the relationship will last. The series is normally edited to not show that much interaction between The Bachelor and the winner. Even Andrew and Jen mentioned in an interview that she was heavily edited out.

It was not clear cut that Trish was going to pick Ryan over Charlie. It was clear cut that Ryan was mad for Trish and wanted to marry her and Charlie just wanted to date after the series. Trish played Charlie until the very end when he exited in the limo with tears in his eyes saying that he felt like he had just gotten hit (blindsided) by a bus.

FORT Fan
    Sugar, dear, please say you mean Trista and not TRISH. I can't imagine my poor, adorable, heartbroken Charlie with Trish!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy31
    K the promise ring thing is so 9th grade. and the right hand ring thing is bogus too.

LAME. They may as well give them a "lavalier" (sp?) and a wrist corsage and ask to "go steady". Gimme a friggin break. :rolleyes

And how about the first Bachelor, Alex? He invited Amanda to move to (California?) where he is and continue to "get to know each other" while he kept the ring. TRANSLATION: Let's get it on and go out once in a while to be seen then get it on some more. And THEY broke up.

And also Joe Millionaire/Evan invited Zora "to continue this journey".
    They take the money, do the wild thing, then make some statement about "we've decided we are not right for each other but remain friends".

uh oh...I feel sick again....excuse me....(trying to cover mouth with hand).....running to bathroom.....
    Last edited by tango7; 05-05-2004 at 04:14 PM.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City
    Of course there will be a proposal. But like the others, it will not result in marriage. That's part of the show. The ring, the candles, the flowers, the (so-called) romance. It's what we, the audience, came here to see.

abc would get much better ratings by showing us the whole romance story blossoming instead of focusing on their good girl/bad girl drama editing. remember how everyone just spazzed at the 2 minute blooper reel of Andrew? we all thought he was made of lead until then.

What romance though, is there to show with MOST of these Bachelor/Bachelorette shows?? There is not one couple yet...that I would venture to bet any money on who will have a lasting relationship other than Ryan and Trista.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast