+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why CANT he pick whoever he wants??

Quote Originally Posted by gillio
    The women he has to chose from really do cover a wide range of personalities. I find it interesting that he has Tara, a 23 year old fblonde ormer pageant queen who is currently in construction and is bashful AND Trish, a 28 year old brunette hostess/model who is highly self confident. Polar opposites?
    That's exactly the kind of scenario ABC is salivating about...shades of polar opposites Jen and Kirsten for Jesse to choose from. Much more interesting and engenders a lot of reaction by people....I know Kirsten really made me much more vested in whom Andrew picked in Bach 3 (but then I liked Andrew more than Jesse at this point) Trish makes the choice more interesting, especially if she would get caught in yet another example of acting one way with the women and another way with Jesse.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

adm
    Sure he can pick whoever he wants. Especially this season, of all seasons. I highly doubt any of us are going to be calling in sick to work the day the "happy couple" goes on the interview circuit, like we did with Meredian. Who the hell cares?

The problem is, this season in particular, ABC has edited the show so that the audience knows more about Trish than Jesse does -- not because he's not getting the scoop on her, but because she hauls off and lies to him when he tries to confront her. So this is the formula: we're supposed to be on the edge of our seats because our hero (and I use that term very, very loosely), Jesse, is being played. And we're supposed to hate the villain and pull (for some unknown reason) for one of these other nameless, faceless women who we know nothing about, except that we haven't seen them lying to him yet (that we know of).

There's something to be said for this forumlaic stuff. It works.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adm
    Sure he can pick whoever he wants. Especially this season, of all seasons. I highly doubt any of us are going to be calling in sick to work the day the "happy couple" goes on the interview circuit, like we did with Meredian. Who the hell cares?

The problem is, this season in particular, ABC has edited the show so that the audience knows more about Trish than Jesse does -- not because he's not getting the scoop on her, but because she hauls off and lies to him when he tries to confront her. So this is the formula: we're supposed to be on the edge of our seats because our hero (and I use that term very, very loosely), Jesse, is being played. And we're supposed to hate the villain and pull (for some unknown reason) for one of these other nameless, faceless women who we know nothing about, except that we haven't seen them lying to him yet (that we know of).

There's something to be said for this forumlaic stuff. It works.
    I agree with you - but I think it only works to hate the villain if there is a really cool girl that you are rooting for, too , who ideally wins.

I think the formula has been working less and less well over the last 3 or so installments. Lots of people are very cranky w/ the editing. I know a lot of my real world (not FORT and obsessed, like me ) friends stopped watching the bachelor either during bob or meredith. I myself, who never used to miss an episode, have only watched about half of this season.

They have to do some better casting and get some cooler chicks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    If Jesse picked Trish, it would be the best thing to happen to this craptacular season. That would be awesome.

And if anyone ever deserved Trish...!!!
    Oh I sooo have to give a huge to ya Spegs. They are a match made in purgatory! Plus it would be totally hillarious! Let me run get my hooker shirt and plastic tiara, Trish all the way!

hehe all i have to say is it should make an interesting rest of the season. and definately the tiara and the hooker shirt is a must! hehe
    You never lose by loving; you always lose by holding back.

The thing is, we all know that he's already picked whoever he wanted to pick... whether we like it or not. We're just watching everything after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gillio
    OK, so, let's be honest here. How many people are there out there who have differences with or can't stand the person their sibling, parent, friend, is married to? It happens every day. Either we chose to stand by that person because we love them, or we don't.
    Exactly! Men are notorious of marrying women their Mother, sister, and friends hate. Flashy, in your face.. no guilt women... always draw the hate from other women. They love it and thrive on it. And most of the time they do seperate the man from his immediate family....

I think the thing with this whole issue of who Jesse might end up with... is moot. With the exception of Andrew Firestone, none of the bachelor's had any interest in the girl that they pick. They all turn into horndog's and start believing that all women everywhere want them. LOL! *cough*Arron*cough*

So I really don't care who this boy picks... but I would be thrilled if it was Trish. So we can see the chosen girl dump the Bachelor first. Cause you know Jesse can not support Trish in the lifestlye she feels that she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Exactly! Men are notorious of marrying women their Mother, sister, and friends hate. Flashy, in your face.. no guilt women... always draw the hate from other women. They love it and thrive on it. And most of the time they do seperate the man from his immediate family....

Nah.. I think men like to DATE the flashy, in-your-face woman that everyone hates, but in the end marry the woman that momma loves.

Jenny's comment was that "if you marry a woman like that I CAN'T be your friend any longer." ... not wont. She's explained that comment by saying that Trish is the type of woman that sucks the life out of a group by making everything about her.. by being rude and mistreating the people around her. She said that any group event would be impossible with Jesse at that point because no one would be able to stand being in the same room with Trish for any length of time and therefore their friendship would falter.

Wouldn't you guys feel the same? If your brother, sister, friend had married someone that you didnt like would you still spend the same amount of time with them?

Jenny's opinion was obviously useless to him. I'm wondering why they even had her on the show. If you had just met some guy/girl and your friend told you all those stories, wouldn't you be heading the other way? Or, would you tell the friend to take a hike, as he did? I question the solidity of that friendship. Also, don't blame Jenny for saying she couldn't be friends anymore. Why would anyone subject themselves to that?

none of the bachelor's had any interest in the girl that they pick. They all turn into horndog's and start believing that all women everywhere want them. LOL!
    I think you may have a point...that whole concept of 25 women competing and catfighting for you may play tricks on the mind

and as far as who these reality guys/girls pick nobody really cares... because they all say one thing and do the exact opposite, we all tend to route for somebody whether it's the underdog or the 'perfect' match, but realize that all these reality 'relationships' are imagined by the show contestants and when the cameras are gone and nobody cares about them any more, and the 15 min of fame is gone, reality sets in again and they realize how stupid they are. :phhht

Trish probably is the only SMART one on there (the rest of the chicks are looking for an imaginary romance), she decided SHE would portray herself as a slut,(as we all know, reality show sluts get lots of post-show job opportunities) and ABC ran with it. I bet she concocted the all the props (tiara, hooker tees, golddigger tees, etc) herself, she plans on selling the crap on eBay after the show for outrageous prices and of course some morons 'll buy them She knows she doesn't want to marry some dumb football player, why marry when she can just sleep with a married one This girl done manipulated ABC, Jesse, the other chicks in the house, and probably in the recent future Playboy and/or some other genius network execs that will probably give her some kind of gig on tv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast