+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I met Jesse! (possible spoiler)

FORT Newbie

I met Jesse! (possible spoiler)

and I've gotta say my on of him has improved considerably.

Jesse attended the White House Correspondent's Dinner in DC on Saturday as a guest of Bloomberg News, which also puts on a very swank and very exlusivev after party for all the celebrities and a few hundred of us regular folk. I was determined to get in. In a weird stroke of luck I was waiting iin line with a couple of Marine officers I know from the Pentagon and Wayne Newton -- he of Las Vegas and the black bouffant -- was leaving the party. he saw theMarines, made a beeline for them to thank them for their service and took a picutre. I nudged the senior officer and said "if he's really grateful he should get us into this party" and so the officer asked if he could get us ini and faster than you can say Danke Shoen we were strolling down the red carpet, past the paparazzi and into party Nirvana (with Ben Affleck, who was gorgeous but surrounded by women...and not drinking by the way) Drew Barrymore (gorgeous and very tiny) and a bunch of others. So there I was there I was, on the balcony staring hard at Ben trying to make him realize I'm still Woogie from the Block when i turned around and BONK, right in my face, Jesse Palmer. All by his lonesome. i tugged his sleeve. "Are you Jesse Palmer?" Yes, he said and big smile. Let me tell you, ladies and interested gentlemen: this is one beautiful man in person. Tall, big, gorgeous... I told him I watched the show and I'm so srry but I was drinking a lot so don't remember much of the conversation. He did say this (which he says all over); He and his teammates watch the show at his house every week; they are into it and give him no end of discussion on whho he should pick and why; he was friends with the QB that got cut but is looking forward to working with Eli Manning (the football conversation came when I introduced him to a guy reporter from the Boston GLobe. He really seemed to want to talk about football.) At any rate, he's the possible spoiler: I said "Jesse I think you are too young to get married. You have no idea how much you are going to change between now and when you are 30." He responded very noncommitally -- but offered that Canadians are maybe different than Americans, maturity wise (or something. this is definitely not a quote). he didn't seem interested in pursuing this line of talkk at all (which is unusual in my experience. this topic comes up pretty often when I am talkingg to people younger than I am and most seem pretty game to discuss the situation.) My impression was he answered t he way he did because he did propose at the end. He was definitely not macking on the babes at the party (who started flocking to himi about 10 minutes after we began talking...and again, I didnt do a lot of talkingg -- my male friends horned in..and I'm sorry I was into my 5th G&T and am fuzzy on the details.)
    I saw him a couple more times at the party and he has a very easygoing air about him. I did not get the celbrity vibe at all from him. He felt very much like a cute nice guy you know from the grocery store or something -- young, polite, charming but not really aggressive. Easy to talk to.
    On another note I made a COMPLETE fool of myself with Bill Rancic, who I told about the Cotobber convention and kept repeating Fans of Reality TV Dot Com and he looked utterly baffled. He was the guest of Deborah Norville who clearly wanted me to shut up and die. But after what she did to Jane Pauley...as if she has any right.
    I also said hi to Kwame; no chance to talk; and to the long haired real estate girl from Apprentice who's name Icant remember -- not Ereka, not Heidi -- the oother one, who was eliminated right before Amy. I also so Red Haired Nick but couldnt bring myself to say anything to him becasue I'd jjust make fun of him and say "You are PHENOMENAL."
    Anyway, i tried to do my FORT part for the convention, but it doesnt look promising.
    Woogie.

Good job Woogie, thanks for sharing this information, that goes to show 5 G&T's later you can still talk and remember the FORT, what a trooper.

You are my hero, way to take one for the team.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Thanks for all the info woogie

Wow! I'm really impressed, woogie! You get to attend events in Washington where you rub shoulders with celebrities...
    That's really interesting that Jesse didn't say "Yeah, I am too young to be getting married..." Of course, I guess he isn't allowed to say too much at this point... but still - his reaction sure does seem like maybe he did find love!?!
    Maybe the rest of this season will be worth watching after all

Thank you for sharing the info, Woogie.

Thanks Woogie. That really is interesting.

that looks promising then .. that he ends up with someone good for him! i wonder what his team mates say when they watch him make out w/ girls every week though?! i bet he wont be living a lot of this stuff down for a very long time!
    You never lose by loving; you always lose by holding back.

Way to go Woogie!

Thanks wookie! Those juicy little tidbits are not something you'd find anywhere but here at the fort; thanks for giving us an inside scoop!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast